4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Headlight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flowerpower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:13    Post subject: Headlight Reply with quote

Hi Guys I know it sounds silly but how do you remove headlights on 1998 Space Gear, in the process of importing into spain!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open bonnet.

At each outer end of the front panel cross member there is a screw, holding the sidelight bracket in place, that needs to be removed. The drivers side one should have a plastic cover over it.

Slightly lift up the bracket holding the sidelight in and pull it forwards to remove it.  They have two lugs fitted into slots in the sided of the headlamp unit. NB: Some may have springs attached to the wings were they locate into holes.

Look in the gap behind the headlight, There are two bolts, which require a 10mm socket to remove them.

The radiator grille panel, below the headlight, then needs to be unclipped from where it is held to the wing by a plastic panel clip. Carefully pull the panel section forward to pull it loose, taking care not to snap it, or the clip.

Below the headlamp is another bolt, behind the panel strip.  Remove other clips and plastic screws as required to get access. NB: I didn't bother replacing that bolt which then makes it easier for any future removal of the lamp unit.

The headlamps can then be wiggled out, unplugging the push on loom connectors.

Refitting is a reverse of removal.  Ensure you fit the flat lugs of the sidelights into the respective slots in the edge of the headlamps, to stop them wobbling about. Fitting a strip of self adhesive foam to the inner edge of the headlight also helps to keep them steady and reduce rain, or water when crossing flooding or rivers, from getting inside.

Adjusting lamps:

The long bolt at the back of the unit adjust the vertical position of the beam and the short one, which is accessible down the hole by the sidelight fastening screw, adjusts the horizontal position.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
joshstaygold

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
YOZA

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most definitive replies I've ever read here.

Yet the the original poster hasn't come back with any feedback, not even a thanks, WTF.
Mark Christensen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 23:33    Post subject: Headlight bulb removal Reply with quote

That’s some awesome detail, thanks. Is this a must do to change the bulbs? There isn’t much space to get my meat hooks behind the passenger headlight and batteries.  I’m worried about sending a spring clip into the engine compartment abyss and not being able to retrieve it...I figure either pull one battery or remove the headlight assembly. Any thoughts much appreciated
Deker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds that you have two batteries, I would suggest take out the front battery.

BE Careful not to break the plastic spout off the header tank. same goes for radiator.

Mr D
Mark Christensen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:14    Post subject: Headlight Reply with quote

Thanks! Now I just need to be home during daylight to do it...silly northern hemisphere  Confused  Confused
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

To remove the front battery you first have to disconnect the cable from the rear battery, then remove the battery clamp.

Disconnecting the battery's will reset the Gearbox ECU, plus you will then have to reset the dash clock.

Far easier to just remove the headlamp cluster.  Rolling Eyes

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: