Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Seatbelt retraction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exarkun

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 15:55    Post subject: Seatbelt retraction Reply with quote

Hi there

My drivers seatbelt has got a bit lazy about retracting.  Is there anything that can be done to improve it?

There is one thing that I find a little strange though.  If I unclip it then it will immediately tighten up.

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 15:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of my previous ones were the same.  Smile

Holding your hand over the catch as you press the release button and relock it becomes second nature and done without even thinking about it.   Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
exarkun

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D it's funny you should say that as it's all too familiar at the moment.

Any idea what's going on with it?  Does it have anything to do with a pre tensioner system?   :?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drivers belt tend to come with an electrically controlled pretensioner in them.

I did have a go at refurbing one, but in the end had to get a replacement from a breaker.  Smile

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Fri Mar 15, 2019 22:47; edited 1 time in total
exarkun

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lewis

I'll take a look before I replace it.

How does the cover/panel come off?  I'm assuming I need to get at it from the left hand side and pop it off?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move the seat forward and undo the bolt holding the bottom of the seatbelt in.

Pull away the rubber seal round the doorway, that will leave a small gap allowing you to insert a panel removing tool, or something wide like a bolster chisel.

The front end is held in by three clips. Once those are out work your way backwards undoing others as you go. There are a few self tappers and bolts, which you will find as you progress. Just remember that if something doesn't come away easily then there will be something holding it tight, so no jerking madly to pull it away.

The photo below shows some of the fittings behind it.  NB: The lower carpet section has been removed from the panel. That also has self tappers at the bottom.

Take care not to damage the loom or heating control box fastened to the back of the panel.

ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Fri Mar 15, 2019 22:54; edited 1 time in total
jdavey2002
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 22:18    Post subject: Seat belt tensioner photos Reply with quote

Passenger seat belt is very slack on mine, I'm sure it will be similar to the drivers, any chance you still have those pics Lewis,
Thanks,
John
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly do, as per above.  :D

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: