Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Mitzy Bitz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Breakers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 22:25    Post subject: Mitzy Bitz Reply with quote

I had my rear crankshaft seal go whilst on holiday in Spain, in an offroad location, where it could not be recovered by a tow truck.

The only autofactor in the area doesn't have the parts and the nearest Mitsu parts dept ( 18Km away ) twice supplied me the wrong seal, even after waiting several days each time for them to order them in, at €40 a time. Plus my speed sensor got broke whilst dropping the gearbox. They actually wanted €250 for a new one, with a six weeks delivery time. Thankfully I have a TomTon and an inbuilt dash Satnav, so knowing my travelling speed wasn't an issue.

I eventually rang My mate Neil, who has just left Harratts Mitsubishi in Darton and gone to work at Mitzy Bitz, in Rotherham.  He sorted out the parts I needed, new seal and a used speed sensor, and posted them to me, by a tracked postal service to the local post office, which is 10Km away, for £52 including postage and VAT.  The package took ten days, due to the slow Spanish postal service. However that is a damn sight better then waiting 14 days and getting the wrong bits from the one place I would expect to get it right. It only took 30 minutes to refit the seal and the flywheel.   Smile

Having been sat here for three weeks longer than expected, with nothing more to do than sit in the sun and drink beer, whilst reading my way through a local charity shops bookself, I now just have to wait until Saturday for a local mechanic to come and help me get the gearbox back on.

And before anybody asks why I need a mechanic; it's because I don't have a trolly jack or the strength/ ability to lift a gearbox off the floor and refit it by myself.  Laughing

NB: The Mitsu garage wanted to take the engine out to replace the seal, which they reckon is more than 14 hours work, with labour charges around €150 +21% Tax an hour, plus parts.  Shocked

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 22:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do Mitzi bits do oem stuff or pattern?
I've seen them advertising enough but never really known how good their stuff is.

Obviously. They must be good if you use them Lewis.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the first time I have used them, so don't know if they sell OEM parts.

The oil seal I received was not an OEM packaged item, but was Identical in design and mould pattern to ones I have seen.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was gonna say I feel for you being stuck out there but I'm sort of jealous

Hope you get yourself sorted and back on the road soon if you haven't already.  

don't rush back here though as its cold and raining season again.  Sad
nug

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must of been hell sitting in the sun & drinking beer for all that time. how did you cope ?

Glad to hear you got the right parts in the end.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still coping, and as it is now raining and blowing a gale all work has ground to a halt, so I will have to cope a bit longer.  Wink

ルイス
Welsh Delicgon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting around drinking beer not a bad sport, hope your all sorted now, cheers.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you get back soon Lewis, sounds like we'll soon have snow to play in!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't all that warm here when the sun isn't visible. I left some cleaning cloths soaking overnight and when I got up this morning, I went to wring them out and almost got frostbite. NB: I didn't get out of bed until 10am as it was too damned cold to get up, until the sun warmed the static up.

I finished fitting everything back together today and had a drive out along a local backroad, with a bit of rough track thrown in, to check everything was working okay. I will be heading home tomorrow, at a gentle pace, so should be back sometime next week, after calling in on some friends. 😊

ルイス
alex3025

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you in Spain not been to bad here in Torrox southern Spain
"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car. "Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car. "Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence. "Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 'was' in the hills above Alicante, but I left there Yesterday lunchtime and after driving through a blizzard, whilst going over the Pyrenees to Pau, I am now in France.  Smile

ルイス
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now safely back in the UK; and chilling out aboard a boat on the Norfolk Broads.

Especially after a 'reet good' Curry, washed down with some local cider, in a proper pub!  :D

ルイス
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad your back safe, you should have said you were in Norfolk, I could have brought you a pint

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err... Buzr...

I have just said I am in Norfolk.  :?  I only arrived here yesterday afternoon, so there is still time to bring me the pint. I'm not too far up the Bure from you.  Wink

ルイス
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err I'm now in Hockley, Essex, not far from Southend-on-Sea now  Rolling Eyes

One dent at a time...
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now a bit further up the Bure.  :D

ルイス
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooooo drinking and driving  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

One dent at a time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Breakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: