4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Gripe Moan Complain (leaky McLeakface)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean back the bitumen, to bare metal. Then apply some Wynns black gasket maker along the split and use the back of a spoon to force it into the gaps(s) and leave it to dry. Drying time is about 20 minutes for it to be hard enough to put the carpetsback down.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a quick video of the passenger door seal fitted with the larger generic seal.
You can see where I stripped off the rubber bulb from the top of the door card down.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MgCkwwSZQUuZm7oG6

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
jejoenje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the vid PP! Super useful. I actually thought you meant the seal around the door itself. I may go for this too, can't hurt and the wind noise particularly on the driver's door side bugs me!

As for the leaks itself, thanks again all for the suggestions and input. I'm still pretty sure it's not the door seal that is causing the biggest leak issues. The photo I posted may be somewhat misleading, it looks as if its close to the door but I'm 99% sure that was water that worked its way in that puddle from higher up.

From checking over and over again during the last week, I think I still have some water wicking its way through the tiger-sealed joint above the headlight. How is completely beyond me, given that it's now sealed both outside and inside... I must have missed a spot, or its coming from further up, onily place I can think then is the windscreen seal.
I would also be very surprised if its coming from inside the A-pillar. The inside of the pillar is fully boxed in (as in, no joints that could be leaking) above and near where the water is coming into the footwell - where it isn't (holes in the box section, open to the footwell), isn't where it gets wet.

It's all very hard to explain this in words, so I will try to post some better photos again soon.
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did reduce wind noise and stopped water tracking down around the door frame.

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: