Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Tracker Devices - recommendations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoctorWhen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 15:01    Post subject: Tracker Devices - recommendations? Reply with quote

Hi all... I've been doing a bit of research on tracker devices for when my new Deli arrives (yeah, still waiting for the right one!)

I will want to put a tracker on it (as well as an alarm), though I probably can't stretch to having a Thatcham-certified model installed.

So far, they seem to fall into a few categories:

1. Cheapo looking unbranded Chinese imports with dodgy spelling and limited features (£30-ish) - I will probably avoid these.

2. Expensive unbranded Chinese imports which make a lot of bold claims (£50 - £100) - but are they any good?

3. Actual proper branded stuff which probably works well (£100+) - likely to be the best bet, but which one?

What I'm after is something reasonably priced (ballpark £100-ish), with an SMS/SIM card slot, that I can use to remotely shut down the fuel pump (hopefully whilst they're on a motorway so they get 'help' from the patrols!) Geofencing would also be a useful option.

Does anyone have any actual experience of a good tracker they'd care to share (without giving away your security secrets)?

What SIM card do you recommend that you can pre-load with credit so it doesn't need topping up every month? ('cos I will forget!)

PS: I also plan to drop in a concealed interrupt switch (done this for most of my own used cars over the years) and also some physical security like a steering wheel or pedal lock.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 15:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 19:48    Post subject: Re: Tracker Devices - recommendations? Reply with quote

DoctorWhen wrote:
 and also some physical security like a steering wheel or pedal lock.

I use a - brand name = "Autolock" originally designed to hook over a Clutch or Brake pedal and then onto the Handbrake.

With a little bit of metal working, the device can be altered to clamp onto the steering wheel, then over the Gear shift.

I put the steering wheel to full Left lock, gear lever into Park, then attach the Autolock.

Its almost impossible to get the gear shift out of Park, should a thief manage to get the gear shift out of Park
the car can only turn Left, try to turn Right, the gear shift will go into Park  Rolling Eyes

The Autolock is bright Yellow, hence is highly visible  Smile

Mr D
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one from 'Rewire Technology' The one I have is battery backed up and hard wired in but can run for months without power. I'm impressed with it so far... Mobile phone App which gets texts and emails showing movements on a map etc... Sample>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE / Sat-Nav / Alarms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: