Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Front side steps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anti Hero
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 14:32    Post subject: Front side steps. Reply with quote

Hi all, can anyone please tell me, do the front drivers and passenger side steps go in and out like the rear side door one does?? I only ask as the ones on my vehicle seem in a bit far to get your foot on properly, if that makes any sense?!!? Cheers guys.

Pete'.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 14:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they are bolted to the underside of the skirt.

The rear sliding door is also a fixed frame unless the original specified an electric sliding one.

Pop your head under and you will see where they are bolted to.  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 17:32    Post subject: Re: Front side steps. Reply with quote

Anti Hero wrote:
I only ask as the ones on my vehicle seem in a bit far to get your foot on properly, if that makes any sense?!!? Cheers guys.

Pete'.

I noticed mine was the same. After I bent my drivers step at the Lakes meet this year, I took it off, and straightened it.

While doing that I realised that the step had been bent IN (it was a used one that I had fitted)
So I bent the tubes as to make the step protrude further out, in that the outer tube is now in line with the wheels.

Previously the step was "Inside" of the body work/wheels.

For another member - A few months back, when the weather was good, I fitted a replacement Long Left step,
the old one was rusty. See here http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=394564#394564

When going to fit the old step to my car, it also was way "Inboard". Then the weather changed, so it's an incomplete fitting at the moment  Sad

So - take it off, and bend the tubes. Use heat from a powerful Propane torch (what I used)
Or Oxy/Acetylene if you have access.

Mr D
Anti Hero
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one! Thanks guys, I will have a look over the Christmas holidays.  :D

Pete'  8-)
YOZA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember there is a limit that the steps are allowed to stick out, not sure what it is, but if you find you're knee capping pedestrians, then they are probably too far out. Shocked

Manufactureres have got around this rule on newer vehicles by using electric retractable steps like on the fiat diablo, series 2 Delica ectara.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Non-technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: