Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Coolant and temperature

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 22:17    Post subject: Coolant and temperature Reply with quote

Hi Timus here Delica L300 Star Wagon. Mmm have just replaced water pump, thermostat, successfully though after rushing the cooling system and filling correctly the temperature showing on temp gauge isn't going above about 1/4 of the dial a bit more but not to halfway. the gauge does work as have tested the reader. thorough flush took ages filled with correct coolant / antifreeze. heater works but not on idle. heeeeeeeelllllllllppppppppppp
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 22:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

davep10000

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is quite normal - mine is exactly the same, and only ever gets to about a 1/3 even when the engine is working hard.
With the heaters on in winter, it barely gets above the bottom mark (and its got a new thermostat in it as well).
Dave.
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try parking facing up hill somewhere, with the engine warm enough to open the thermostat, make sure both heaters are on max temperature so coolant can circulate thoroughly. If the engine isn't hot enough at idle, the thermostat shouldn't open to the radiator, so warm coolant will cool through the heaters. A freshly flushed and refilled diesel is going to have to run a fair while at idle before you feel the heater working. However, if the gauge has climbed to 1/4, it should by nice and warm. If yours has a hand- throttle (like a choke knob, lower dash to left of wheel), press the accelerator to a faster idle, and lock it with the knob while it warms up.
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/4 is high on mine, goes up to just under 1/2 when going hard uphill in summer.
Drops back as soon as top of hill is reached.
I get plenty of heat at under 1/4 in winter.
This is normal for an L300.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
timus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks All. well it seems that these old machines have a stable temp reading 1/4 to just under half the gauge. heating works well enough. Bumped the hoses etc and all seems okay.😎
ciaran15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Delica L300 temperature used to sit nicely at half way on the guage with the old original radiator in it. I put in a new radiator, water pump and thermostat last year and the guage only ever gets to about 1/4 now. I had the exact same concerns as you with it not reaching temperature but it's running fine. Seems normal with these beasts to run at that temp.
timus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. it certainly appears L300 of this year like running at that temp. its always good to get the feed back from all.😊
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: