4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Any D5 owners out there?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica D5 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjjjcccc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 13:11    Post subject: Any D5 owners out there? Reply with quote

Hi all, I know the D5 is often frowned upon by L400 owners but i was wandering if there are many/any D5 owners out there? even searching D5 came up with no results at all.

I live in London where we're about to be hit by the Ultra Low Emissions Zone charge, so gutted but it just doesn't make sense for me to get an L400 (would be charged £12.50 per day to use it)

The plan is to do one up as a simple camper with rock and roll bed, maybe with a small lift and bigger tyres. I know i'll sacrifice off road ability etc with the D5 but my main concern is parts and and the lack of UK based info out there.

anyway just thought I'd cast this message to the wind and see if anyone else crawls out of the woodwork...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 13:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could consider a petrol L400 with lpg conversion?

Not sure if they fit in to the rules?

One negative is I believe with lpg is you can't drive through the channel tunnel with it fitted? But emissions should be a lot better.

And they sound nice.  Rolling Eyes
jjjjcccc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you're right, i just read they can be exempt on the .gov website. It doesn't sound like a sure bet though, i think you'd need your emissions tested after to see if they're below the allowed level.

The only thing is it'll work out a fair bit more expensive once i get the conversion done and I'm not 100% sure I'd be exempt anyway.

hmmm

might just get a d5 i've seen with 73000 miles on it
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit busy next couple of days but will try and find my last Mot emissions ticket and post it up.
Bear with me  :D
jjjjcccc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing! do you have an lpg conversion then? they've got a vehicle checker thing you can put your reg number in to see if your vehicle is exempt. couldn't find any pics of UK lpg delicas on google though
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,  Razz
I've been running it nearly a year now.
I haven't driven it much on petrol but I can say that my conversion is absolutely brilliant.  

This is mainly a diesel forum so I feel like I'm swearing when I mention it Embarassed

Don't even notice it Switch over from petrol to gas

A bit pricey to convert but I've  saved over a third of the conversion cost already and I don't do massive miles.

That's also estimating it at 16% less mpg using gas.

What I can say though is the v6 does drink,  more than my old diesel 2.8 and I wouldn't want to be filling it with petrol every week.

I know I paid out for the conversion but factored this in to buying the vehicle as was rust free and low mileage.
WirezFree

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 21:44    Post subject: LPG Conversion Reply with quote

Do you have a link to the LPG system you used...
I'm getting a V6, and it's something I have been thinking of.

Cheers... Many Thanks... Dave
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an emer Kit fitted by a great mechanic at link below

https://www.svsltd.co.uk

Not the cheapest, but mine is flawless.

Not even a stutter when switching from petrol as it warms up.

You wouldn't even know you were running gas

All I can say is, find a low mileage Deli which you expect to keep a few years and as long as you have a few lpg garages near you, it will be worth it.

In 12 months, I've only been out of it for three days.

I do have to plan a bit more on refuelling,  but have it under control now.

If you go down Devon, Cornwall way, there seem to be A lot more lpg garages,  and generally cheaper also.

Get the biggest tank you can fit.
WirezFree

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 0:45    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks... will check out Emer

Cheers
WirezFree

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 22:06    Post subject: Links.?? Reply with quote

Done some Googling "Emer LPG",
not found any specific products...

Do you have a model number(s)

Thanks....
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 22:22    Post subject: Re: Links.?? Reply with quote

I'll have a look tomorrow and see what I can see

Not something I got involved with this time. My tinkering skills were not used this time as new Deli too nice for me to mess up with something I haven't a clue about.!

Left it to the expert to fit.  Smile

I believe A lot of how well the Kit works is on how it's fitted and setup and my garage have done this A lot.

Great job they did too. 8-)
WirezFree

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 22:24    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Appreciated... Thanks
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 16:12    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

Sorry, but can't really see any part numbers without removing things.

Try giving them an email....
WirezFree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 21:49    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

O.K... Thanks
Chad1953

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:56    Post subject: Re: Any D5 owners out there? Reply with quote

jjjjcccc wrote:
The plan is to do one up as a simple camper with rock and roll bed, maybe with a small lift and bigger tyres. I know i'll sacrifice off road ability etc with the D5 but my main concern is parts and and the lack of UK based info out there.

Hi I'm planning on a similar project but was hoping to fit an elevating roof... Anybody know if there's a decent one available for the D5?
comedybob
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

without appearing to hijack the thread, I'm also interested in any other D5 owners out there.  I had a L400 for 10 years but finally got rid when the maintenance became increasingly more frequent and my time was limited.  I replaced it with an LC3 landcruiser which has turned out to be a rust bucket (concealed with waxoil/underseal by the previous owners) for the last 2 years but I desperately miss the versatility and space the Delica offered and so have been drawn back to the forum.

My main concern is fuel economy.  I'm reading the diesel D5 is getting around 35mpg (average combined) and the petrol 23mpg.  Can anyone confirm these numbers?

I've missed this forum

Cheers gents

Bob
entwistlea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afternoon - Just had a D5 imported from Japan, all sorted and registered. I don't think there are many of us out there just yet, but Mitsubishi are running one out of their head office in Cirencester. They often fight about who gets to use it !
Lauschmann

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 23:55    Post subject: D5 owner says hello Reply with quote

Picked up our D5 import from Aberdeenshire. Not a L400 but totally delighted with it. Also wondering if there are any D5 owners using the forum.
Torsten in Glasgow
comedybob
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

entwistlea wrote:
Afternoon - Just had a D5 imported from Japan, all sorted and registered. I don't think there are many of us out there just yet, but Mitsubishi are running one out of their head office in Cirencester. They often fight about who gets to use it !

Can you tell me who you used to import.  I've been looking at the car from japan website but it looks like it is just a central website managing numerous different import agents.
pegcjs

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 20:51    Post subject: New D:5 owner Reply with quote

D:5 2WD Roadway Roar.
Great replacement for our old 4WD diesel Jasper that after three replacement engine heads we had to give up on.
Hardly used 4WD anyway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica D5 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: