4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Vigorous hifly mt601 tyres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YOZA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:42    Post subject: Vigorous hifly mt601 tyres Reply with quote

I’ve had these vigorous 31x10.5x15 on for a few weeks now so I thought I would share my experience.
Firstly I think it’s worth a mention that I had a nightmare getting these fitted, to seat them to 10inch rims you need a bead blaster to make the beads initials seal to the rim, not every fitter has one.
Also I have 30mm spacers and a 50mm lift, this combined with trimming the front bumper and folding the front arch seams is enough clearance for this package.
The tyre noise on the road is in-between the noise from a ‘snatch’ and the noise from my Kumho KL71's so noisy but not to bad. They balanced well and have no high spots, so no need for driving through the usual wobble at 60-70mph.
They look slimmer and higher in profile to my Kumho yet they are the same size.
I often thought the sidewalls of the Kumho were a bit thin, I have seen two on separate vehicles with a wall rip although mine were fine and the best tyres of this type I’ve ever bought, anyway whilst the tyres were off I could see that the side walls on the vigorous were close to double of that of the Kumhos.
They behave well on the road in the wet the compound seams soft so time will tell on how they wear.
In the mud I can see no difference from my Kumhos they will clog at slow speed but the shoulders are staggered so they do spin clean, the tread pattern is very much alike to the KL71's.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv188/lubabailey/63BE3F0D-70EA-44E6-A6BD-1667A281D4A3_zpscpt2id3f.jpg
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

YOZA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note: these tyres were £320 delivered for four, they are not remoulds, they are made in China.

I have learnt the hard way that remoulds of this style crack and perish well before the tread is worn off, so you have a tyre with 15mm of tread that throws off its tread blocks and needs throwing in tip.( bronco grizzly claws for one )
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a nice tread pattern on them, reminds me of the STT pros

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: