2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Cheddar - Any further thoughts?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try and make this one... but as usual, I'm afraid I can't commit myself for work reasons etc. Cheers
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 22:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Indigo

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:23    Post subject: Re: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

IanFJ wrote:
No probs, we could make it a late lunch and go for 1:00 or a quarter of the attendess won't be there lol, and head for Cheddar after and see whats up at this Tenting and Touring bash.

have you got the addy of this pub? i'll have a search for it when i've got the kids/hubs out of the house.

if it's not too far from here then i may probably get there a bit earlier. arrange it for noon, it's somewhere in the middle then, if we get there at that time, all well and good, if we're later we won't stop for dinner and grab something later. sound fair?

i'll make an effort to grab more sleep before hand i can get up a bit earlier then Smile
IanFJ

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:27    Post subject: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

Here's the address and number, very easy to find. If you come of the Weston ext of the M5, head for Bristol, past a Mendip Caravans and its about 200yds on your right.

Unfortunately I probably won't have the beast Sad as it's of to the dealers on Wed. for work on the timing chain so I may not have it back for Sat. so look out for a metallic green corsa Embarassed

Full Quart
Hewish
Weston-Super-Mare Avon
BS24 6RT

Tel: 01934 833077

cya

IanJ
Indigo

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for the details ian, sorry i was too lazy to look them up myself Rolling Eyes i've got the sky engineer due any minute for a borrocking erm, i mean pat on the back for getting *half* of my system up and working and not all of it ... Rolling Eyes woe betide the washing machine repairman when he finally gets here on Tuesday.. i already have 5ft of washing piled up .. as tall as me ffs!

right. autoroute shows me about 40 mins away from there.. allowing for my driving .. about 30 mins *grin* so we *should* in theory be there for 12 noon Smile (especially if my tummy is rumbling lol)

see you there Smile
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:30    Post subject: Re: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

IanFJ wrote:
If you come of the Weston ext of the M5, head for Bristol, past a Mendip Caravans and its about 200yds on your right.

Ian,

I don't mean to sound picky, but it's on the LEFT after you go past Mendip Caravans (For Astra - Mendip Caravans is HUGE - even you won't be able to miss it!!!! Wink Twisted Evil ) and make sure you watch out for the speed camera outside it (50mph limit Wink )

I too might be Deli-less, the Mystery Machine is going in for the MOT in 2hrs & I think the split in the rear tailpipe might go against me (and maybe the cracked anti-roll bar bushes too!!! Sad ) So look out for a blue Fiat Cinq! Sad

Maybe we can make this the non-Delica Delica Meet!! Laughing

Regards,

Bruce.

Indigo

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:39    Post subject: Re: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

Mystery Machine wrote:

I don't mean to sound picky, but it's on the LEFT after you go past Mendip Caravans (For Astra - Mendip Caravans is HUGE - even you won't be able to miss it!!!! Wink Twisted Evil ) and make sure you watch out for the speed camera outside it (50mph limit Wink )

LOL i nearly spilt my freshly made cup of tea then Bruce!!!! i'll get you back don't you worry lol

cooool ... have just had a phone call.. hubs wants to show the Deli off.. so i'm off to his work in it now *bounce bounce*

... now.. how do i get there again? *scratches head*

says mrs no sense of direction whatsoever... *grin*
IanFJ

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:54    Post subject: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

Thanks Mystery Machine,

LEFT - RIGHT

Who cares............... in a Deli you just drive through whatevers in the way. Laughing
Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 13:30    Post subject: Re: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

astra wrote:

says mrs no sense whatsoever... *grin*

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
Indigo

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 14:59    Post subject: Re: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

Beat wrote:
astra wrote:

says mrs no sense whatsoever... *grin*

Laughing Laughing Laughing

i'll get you back.. just you wait.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's non-Delica, great I'll use my company van (and company fuel) Wink
So look out for a little white Citröen Berlingo :?

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

rustysparks wrote:
So look out for a little white Citröen Berlingo :?

at this rate, there will only be my royal and willisas royal for you guys to all gush over lol

you'll be all royaled out by the time we've finished with ya Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

rustysparks wrote:

Was looking that way, but my motor PASSED the MOT on Friday Shocked Shocked so I'll be coming in the Delica after all!! :D

Will try to be there around 11.30 (I'll aim for 11.00, so should be there by 11.30 Wink )

Gonna stir up a whole lot of trouble now Twisted Evil , but if the weather is like this (rather blue skies & very sunny at the mo') why don't we have a BBQ rather than pub lunch - more in the spirit of the meet me thinks??

I can bring some disposeable BBQ's and a few chunks of meat etc....(Astra - you can bring your lentil burgers!! Laughing Laughing )

Don't want to change any grand plans - just thought it might be a nicer way to spend the time?? 8) What's your thoughts???

Regards,

Bruce.

P.S. If it's a winner, I can find a suitable spot to pull up & picnic.....and get directions etc on the board by mid-week.

Indigo

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystery Machine wrote:

Was looking that way, but my motor PASSED the MOT on Friday Shocked Shocked so I'll be coming in the Delica after all!! :D

Will try to be there around 11.30 (I'll aim for 11.00, so should be there by 11.30 Wink )

Gonna stir up a whole lot of trouble now Twisted Evil , but if the weather is like this (rather blue skies & very sunny at the mo') why don't we have a BBQ rather than pub lunch - more in the spirit of the meet me thinks??

I can bring some disposeable BBQ's and a few chunks of meat etc....(Astra - you can bring your lentil burgers!! Laughing Laughing )

Don't want to change any grand plans - just thought it might be a nicer way to spend the time?? 8) What's your thoughts???

Regards,

Bruce.

P.S. If it's a winner, I can find a suitable spot to pull up & picnic.....and get directions etc on the board by mid-week.

coooooooooooooool re Delica Smile

i like the bbq idea Smile

i'll try and grab some more sleep before work on sat, then i can be up at 11 and out the door at 11.30. to meet up at noon Smile

i'll have a think on some bbq food for me! lol probably tofu kebabs and nut burgers!

really looking forward to it!!

don't forget to pack suncream peeps Smile
IanFJ

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:41    Post subject: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

Do we still want to make the Full Quart the starting point for whtever happens?

I'll see if I can figure out a BBQ friendly place, If weather okay how about Weston or Brean beach?
Indigo

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:46    Post subject: Re: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

IanFJ wrote:
Do we still want to make the Full Quart the starting point for whtever happens?

I'll see if I can figure out a BBQ friendly place, If weather okay how about Weston or Brean beach?

might be just as well, as at least the place has a postcode (bruce has had first hand experience of my sense of direction - read that as complete lack of!)

failing that, i'll tie my Deli to bruce's and find you guys that way ;)

am disppointed to say the least that there will only be 4 of us! still, i talk enough for a dozen more people ;)
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian,

Full Quart still the best place to meet 'cause it's so easy to find (thinking of Astra here! Rolling Eyes ) and if the weather isn't so great, we can eat there instead of doing the BBQ.

If the sun is out, the beach at WSM would be GREAT - easy to get to, PLENTY of parking, we can have BBQ's, we don't have to leave the Deli's in a car park, we can listen to some tunes, soak up the sun, great photo opportunity........I'm thinking of just walking out of work & heading down there now!!!! Laughing 8) Laughing Beach Party here we come....! 8)

I'll get some disposeable BBQ's on the way home tonight (always handy to keep in stock! :D ) and dust off my picnic table etc.... I'll also bring my gas stove so we can cook up some Tea & Coffee etc...ROLL ON THE WEEKEND!!!! 8) 8)

Regards,

Bruce.

Indigo

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystery Machine wrote:
Ian,

Full Quart still the best place to meet 'cause it's so easy to find (thinking of Astra here! Rolling Eyes ) and if the weather isn't so great, we can eat there instead of doing the BBQ.

If the sun is out, the beach at WSM would be GREAT - easy to get to, PLENTY of parking, we can have BBQ's, we don't have to leave the Deli's in a car park, we can listen to some tunes, soak up the sun, great photo opportunity........I'm thinking of just walking out of work & heading down there now!!!! Laughing 8) Laughing Beach Party here we come....! 8)

I'll get some disposeable BBQ's on the way home tonight (always handy to keep in stock! :D ) and dust off my picnic table etc.... I'll also bring my gas stove so we can cook up some Tea & Coffee etc...ROLL ON THE WEEKEND!!!! 8) 8)

Regards,

Bruce.

lol i think i'll leave the directing to hubs! on the way there anyway! i'll drive back as it's his turn to sink some alcohol! i have a homing instinct.. i can usually get home okay. usually a couple of hours out of my way, but still i find home ;)

bbq's sounding really cool Smile the kids will love that too Smile

at what point are we going to head down to cheddar? lol
Rusty
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Was looking that way, but my motor PASSED the MOT on Friday so I'll be coming in the Delica after all!!

Oh that means I'll have to wash my Delica now, I suppose Evil or Very Mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea Can we have a definate time for the meet up at the Full Quart please. And perhaps an itinery for the weekend, I will be on call at work over the weekend and may have to 'wing' it :?
Given that we have had major power failures at the last two bank holidays. (Not to mention the 2x 400A fuses that blew last night and kept me at work 'till 11.30pm reseting trips Don't you just love it when that happens?)

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:38    Post subject: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

Shall we say aim to arrive at the Full Quart between 11:30 and 12:00 and set off for Weston when everyone feels like it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: