Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Cheddar - Any further thoughts?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanFJ

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 19:08    Post subject: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

With all the activity over the Malvern meet is anyone still intending getting to Cheddar on at the end of May.

Looking forward to either/both, although a bit intimidated by all the mods and upgrades some of you guys have done.... it'll make mine look rathe vanilla (and not just 'cos it's white).

Cheers

I
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 19:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

willisa

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we can get a meet at Cheddar together as I will be at a caravan park there from 28th May to 6 June.

PS, Don't worry Ian, mine needs some bodywork on some rust in one of the wheel arches and a few spots dealt with Smile.

Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear 2.8Tdi Royal Exceed
Indigo

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're aiming to be there, have swapped my night shift to accomodate Smile

still contemplating staying overnight, still need to buy a tent etc tho >.<

ian, all delis are special! and unique! we all love our own for that reason Smile
colin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 16:32    Post subject: cheddar meet Reply with quote

hi ian,have just found this site, can you tell me which campsite youre on as i know there are a couple of campsites in cheddar.
cheers colin
Indigo

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

right dudes. can anyone sort out a time and a meeting place for this cheddar 'do' please?

Saturday is 'do-able' for us, but as it is a bank holiday, others may find Monday more acceptable?

we're only 2 weeks away now, so time to finalise things? i have never been to cheddar, so have no suggestions where we can all meet up Sad

Bruce (aka mystery machine) is a possible for sat or sun (depending on how other events work out) but a definate for Monday, maybe we can have several meets? if we have enough fun on sat, we're likely to go again on the Monday for example as the cheddar rally is on from 28th may - 6th june (is that right?) so it sounds like there will be plenty for everyone to do Smile
IanFJ

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 19:24    Post subject: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Willisa suggested that as the closest member to Cheddar I might be bale to come up with some suggested meeting points. (Damn geography).

Cheddar itself is a little cramped for a meeting and what little parking there is in the town is fairly expensive, plus with it being a Bank Holiday Weekend it will probably be quite crowded.

Do we just want to meet at a pub for a get together or did people have something more organised in mind?

Let me know your thoughts and I will ask a friend of mine who live in Cheddar for some pointers.

And no it's not all back to mine!!

Cheers

IanJ
Oldskool Beat
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

astra wrote:
the cheddar rally is on from 28th may - 6th june (is that right?) so it sounds like there will be plenty for everyone to do Smile

Okay what rally is this then, yer Can't keep secrets from me yer know Rolling Eyes Laughing
Just trying to help
;)
L400 LWB with toys  headbang
willisa

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat wrote:
astra wrote:
the cheddar rally is on from 28th may - 6th june (is that right?) so it sounds like there will be plenty for everyone to do Smile

Okay what rally is this then, yer Can't keep secrets from me yer know Rolling Eyes Laughing

This is a rally with the Tenting & Touring Forum.

I'll give my mobile number to Ian, so he can call me with details if things are decided while we are already there. We're up with whatever everyone else decides - just let us know where & when and we'll be there! ;).

Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 14:38    Post subject: Re: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

IanFJ wrote:
Willisa suggested that as the closest member to Cheddar I might be bale to come up with some suggested meeting points. (*beep* geography).

Do we just want to meet at a pub for a get together or did people have something more organised in mind?

Cheers

IanJ

Ian,

I don't want to tread on anyones toes, but how about arranging to meet somewhere near the motorway (along the A370 between W-S-Mare and Cheddar?)

This way everyone can find it easily, we can all have a nice lunch in one of the nice pubs along the A370 (the Full Quart or The Ship come to mind?? Wink ), and Cheddar isn't far to go from there so we can all 'Convoy' to the Tenting & Touring event?

I'm DEFFO up for Sat daytime, and/or Monday all day :D , but Sat night & all day Sunday have family things to attend, so will have to miss out on the camping malarky!! Sad

Would anyone please give me a bit more info on what the Tenting & Toring thing is about? Is it just a gathering, or an organised event (like a show?) with trade stands etc...where I can stock up on all my camping gear??

Regards,

Bruce.

Indigo

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

wotcha bruce!

http://www.touringandtenting.com/

is the link you are after Smile

hope to see you on that Saturday!

meeting up for lunch then heading down in convoy sounds a great idea to me Smile
petemillis

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's another forum for people here in Brighton called "camping and cottaging".
Indigo

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

petemillis wrote:
I think there's another forum for people here in Brighton called "camping and cottaging".

lol are you sure we're on the same wavelength? Wink

i'll get my coat.. Laughing Laughing
IanFJ

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Good idea to meet at a point easy to find from M5.

Of the 2 pubs suggested the Full Quart has the larger car park, I've never personally used it but it does serve food and has a large garden and seems very popular.

We could meet late AM and maybe have luch there. We could then convoy on to the tenting and touring thingy at Cheddar.

Can we try and get a list of numbers intending to attend and I can see if the landlord will reserve us some tables or somesuch.

IanJ
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian,

Put me down for lunch on Sat at the Full Quart. Will just be me 'cause the Monkey is working all day Sad , but I'll still come out to play! :D

I guess this means I'm gonna have the give the old 'Scooby-Wagon' a wash & brush up?? Wink

Regards,

Bruce.

Indigo

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too, includes hubs and 3 little monsters!

what sort of time tho, and where is this pub? i have to work on Friday night so will aim to get there as soon as i've managed to pull myself together and get the sleep out of my eyes!! any chance of a telephone number for them as well please ian? i'll need to see if they can cater for my vegan needs!

Bruce.. come and give the royal a once over will ya? might have to sell it if it gets any dirtier Wink Laughing Rolling Eyes
willisa

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Us too - with 2 kids Smile.

IanFJ

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 19:18    Post subject: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

The Full Quart is about 3 miles from the Weston super Mare exit off the M5 on the A370 in the direction of Bristol.

Tel. 01934 833077.

So far thats:

Me
Astra
Willisa
Mystery Machine.

Here's hoping for a few more.

IanJ
IanFJ

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 13:16    Post subject: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

Shall we say 11ish at the Full Quart Saturday 29th May then?
Indigo

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 13:23    Post subject: Re: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

IanFJ wrote:
Shall we say 11ish at the Full Quart Saturday 29th May then?

hmm might have to give the pub a miss.. i have to work the night before, was hoping to meet up at about 1ish. will have to see what time i get up etc etc. i've got bruces (mystery machine's) mobile number so can always update him as to how we are running Smile

have we decided where in cheddar we are all meeting yet? and what time etc?

looks like a pretty poor show seeing as people are usually shouting for a meet!
IanFJ

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 14:03    Post subject: Cheddar - Any further thoughts? Reply with quote

No probs, we could make it a late lunch and go for 1:00 or a quarter of the attendess won't be there lol, and head for Cheddar after and see whats up at this Tenting and Touring bash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: