Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Coniston Meet, 1st-3rd June 2018

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
I checked out Tilberthwaite to Little langdale, and no way would I risk my Delica over it!

Is that this route:- http://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/visiting/thingstodo/walking/mileswithoutstiles/mws44

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 23:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andyman

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Lewis, that is the parallel bridleway, which runs around the high ground over which the BOAT passes. Both tracks start side by side at High Tilberthwaite farm, the bridleway shown is smooth and wide enough to take a sports car around it, but eventually turn into a narrow, rocky path. The BOAT starts with a steep climb up a flight of rocky ledges,  and once over the relatively passable top, deteriorates into something more resembling a rocky river bed, very badly eroded in parts. You can take a Land Rover over it, because everything damaged can be unbolted and replaced, if you wanted to. However, a modern Land Cruiser, with side steps made it without apparent damage- goodness knows how!
andyman

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS, one seasoned walker who walked it regularly, said he had seen vehicles on their sides up there on several occasions.
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a definite NO NO then :D

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
PS, one seasoned walker who walked it regularly, said he had seen vehicles on their sides up there on several occasions.

Did that with my first and I don't want to repeat the experience.  Evil or Very Mad

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fostlongstrider wrote:
but if we are out and about every day I need good weather as my awning is a bit of a cow to put up and
take down daily!!

A few Whiskies helps, it did in Wales  Rolling Eyes

Mr D
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheeky sod :D

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
LOKE

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was hoping to make this meet , would have been good to meet up with Andy and Mr D again but alas not this time , my parents are clocking on a bit and my younger brother keeps an eye on them , brother and his missus are going away for a long weekend and so me the missus and the dog are going to do the weekend shift , it just happens to be this weekend , was hoping to go up the following weekend but hey , little brother needs a break.

For those that don't know , I may sound Somerset but the Lakes were my backyard , born and bred

Andyman , for those worried about their motors , why not point them in the direction of Wrynose and Hardknot ? could be fun if it's busy  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
paulus
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Little Langdale to Tilberthwaite B.O.A.T. Very tricky - no way I'd put my Deli through that .

That Green lane in question is U5001 in the LDNP Heirarchy of Trails....have a look here on the OS90 Penrith, Kendal map South West.

http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/roads-transport/public-transport-road-safety/countryside-access/HOTR/OS90.asp
andyman

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, Paulus. Have you been over the U5001 in the Nissan recently?
LOKE

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOKE wrote:
Was hoping to make this meet , would have been good to meet up with Andy and Mr D again but alas not this time , my parents are clocking on a bit and my younger brother keeps an eye on them , brother and his missus are going away for a long weekend and so me the missus and the dog are going to do the weekend shift , it just happens to be this weekend , was hoping to go up the following weekend but hey , little brother needs a break.

For those that don't know , I may sound Somerset but the Lakes were my backyard , born and bred

Andyman , for those worried about their motors , why not point them in the direction of Wrynose and Hardknot ? could be fun if it's busy  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

This probably didn't make sense to most lol , my parents live in the Lakes and so does my brother , am driving up from Somerset on Friday for the weekend shift , will be so close to Coniston I could walk ( I said could ) just a week too early !!
andyman

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame you can't stay up for the week, Loke. Still got the LWB? That was my first camp at Connie Hall, and looks like the numbers keep growing. If there are a lot of us, we might do well to divide up, and try different routes. A Delica is a great way of seeing the Lakes -you can see over the walls, and on the open passes, you can get off the road anywhere you meet oncoming traffic. Tarmac trailing can be just as enjoyable.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deker wrote:
Fostlongstrider wrote:
but if we are out and about every day I need good weather as my awning is a bit of a cow to put up and
take down daily!!

Mr D

He won't fall for that this year.......  Rolling Eyes

ルイス
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOKE wrote:

That brings back a few memories...Hmm.. Suddenly having visions of a Delica Speed Hill Climb event.  Twisted Evil  Laughing

ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
Deker wrote:
Fostlongstrider wrote:
take down daily!!

Mr D

He won't fall for that this year.......  Rolling Eyes

He will - - - - IF, have my way  Laughing
andyman

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis -that pic. I parked in pretty much that exact spot just off the top of Wrynose for dramatic photos. I parked it on some rocks at the edge of the drop, like the Monarch of the Glens. Can't see my L300 winning a hill climb, unless it's for L300s only!
paulus
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Thanks for the link, Paulus. Have you been over the U5001 in the Nissan recently?

I last drove it a couple of years ago in the Patrol. Its a SWB version, standard ride height although with 285 x 80 x 16 tyres/wheels so has reasonable ground clearance, even so, there are places along U5001 that it bottomed out on. I've walked it since and agree for most Deli's too severe with a good chance of damage.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Lewis -that pic. I parked in pretty much that exact spot just off the top of Wrynose for dramatic photos. I parked it on some rocks at the edge of the drop, like the Monarch of the Glens. Can't see my L300 winning a hill climb, unless it's for L300s only!

This is a wider view of mine, from further back:-

I did consider going up onto the rocks above where I was, but was too short of time to attempt it:-

Somewhere or other I have some video of the climb up, but it is probably on some old Video8 tape that I haven't digitised.

It would make a good spot for a wide angle group photo.......   Rolling Eyes

ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Wed May 30, 2018 23:11; edited 2 times in total
LOKE

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Shame you can't stay up for the week, Loke. Still got the LWB? That was my first camp at Connie Hall, and looks like the numbers keep growing. If there are a lot of us, we might do well to divide up, and try different routes. A Delica is a great way of seeing the Lakes -you can see over the walls, and on the open passes, you can get off the road anywhere you meet oncoming traffic. Tarmac trailing can be just as enjoyable.

Yep , still have the LWB , I think I've had it about 8 years or more , lost track really , can't stay the week Andy , my son has custody of my Grandaughter and we help out either getting her to nursery or looking after her on non nursery days , it's the only way he can work and keep his job , he tried but couldn't get any holiday booked for this week.

A Deli is the only way to see the Lakes unless of course you enjoy walking  Rolling Eyes

Not a good year for meets , am booked for Kirton off road end of September for a Macmillan charity weekend but we have now been invited to a wedding that we really ought to attend  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad
andyman

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason meets are getting smaller and fewer is because many folks are trying to keep so many balls in the air, as well as earn a living, AND keep their sanity, and their Deli on the road. I find the one helps the other. Good luck, perhaps some other time you are in Cumbria.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: