Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Oil Filters

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Heads up!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkeo44

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 18:09    Post subject: Oil Filters Reply with quote

Did the service on the 400 last week, noticed it was leaking oil from the oil filter couple of days later. I checked to see if it was on tight enough and it was so I took it off and found that the filter had warped outwards, never seen a filter do that before, I had a spare one and fitted that, same thing happened again, the filters were from Milners, I have used them for years and never had any trouble before, I rang them and told them they said they had a bad batch if you have fitted recently check it, if I had not noticed the leak the engine would now be kaput Evil or Very Mad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 18:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bummer, they were the only thing worth getting from them.

Far too many 'bad batches" of stuff from suppliers seems to be the norm for Milners over the last few years.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
skiorsail

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the yrs there have been a number of incidents of faulty parts letting owners down, it would be useful get pictures of the part,and packaging, the poor chap with the ball joint failure in France found it very costly. I hope milners gave you a refund.
PeterInYork

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same - oil filter going bang all over my drive - twice.

Will not use oil filters from them again.

Paid a bit more and got a Blue Print - there does seem to be a notable difference in quality compared to the Boshi ones.

Does seem very heavy.
jdavey2002
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 22:11    Post subject: Anyone tried Comline filters ? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
Not one for spending too much I have sourced filters that look like they should fit (listed for the Pajero / Shogun) on Ebay from a company based in N.Ireland so no 'Highlands & Islands' additional charges which I often get stuck for.

Do these look right for a 98 L400 2.8 TD ?

Fuel filter £5.96 delivered:

Oil filter £8 delivered:

Prices would be the same to the mainland I presume.

All thoughts welcome and if anyone can suggest a better topic to move this to please feel free to move it / recommend moving it...
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those will fit.  :D

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
jdavey2002
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:28    Post subject: Oil filter advice Reply with quote

Thanks yet again Lewis  :D
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've another oil filter leaking, and that's after a couple of months fitted, second time now  Evil or Very Mad

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a Milners sourced one as well ?

ルイス
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, sorry, Milners, both lasted a couple of months then started leaking  Crying or Very sad

One dent at a time...
jdavey2002
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 21:08    Post subject: Leaking filters Reply with quote

I've got quite a few oil drips. No worse than my old landy but still more than I'm happy with. One drip is coming from the filter I fitted about a month ago. I don't actually think there is any fault with the filter. Are we talking split filters or twisted oil seals causing the Milners leaks ? I really don't want to take it off if I don't have to and didn't keep the last one...
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried re-tightening it? I have known them come loose.
jdavey2002
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 21:21    Post subject: Oil filters Reply with quote

Thanks andyman I checked it wasn't 'loose' but no real force, will tighten more if it persists. Suspect the actual leak is above somewhere...
jdavey2002
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 21:32    Post subject: Re: Oil Filters Reply with quote

jkeo44 wrote:
Did the service on the 400 last week, noticed it was leaking oil from the oil filter couple of days later. I checked to see if it was on tight enough and it was so I took it off and found that the filter had warped outwards, never seen a filter do that before, I had a spare one and fitted that, same thing happened again, the filters were from Milners, I have used them for years and never had any trouble before, I rang them and told them they said they had a bad batch if you have fitted recently check it, if I had not noticed the leak the engine would now be kaput Evil or Very Mad

Warping outwards doesn't sound good and I suspect I won't understand this till I see one...
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine warped on top, on the mating surface, must have been some pressure in the filter to cause it, called Milners and got a refund on both filters..

I'd change it sooner rather than later..

One dent at a time...
jdavey2002
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 22:28    Post subject: Applying oil to the filter sealing ring Reply with quote

Must say I'm not good at tightening pressures. I always do the 'oil over the seal' with my finger when fitting a new filter. Easy with the Deli as there were loads of drips to supply the oil lol

I tightened it by hand as much as I could and then used the strap to get a bit more, maybe another 1/8 or less of a turn...
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say you have a faulty filter, I clean the area, fill the filter with oil, smear the top, hand tighten then like you, give it a little more, not much.. The Milners filters started leaking after a month or so, upon checking the last filter I'm so glad I changed it early, I'm sure it would have failed if I left it much longer

One dent at a time...
jdavey2002
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 23:32    Post subject: faulty filter Reply with quote

okay now I'm worried. I filled it about 95% with oil before fitting and was happy the pressure light went out relatively quickly when I started the engine. How can it fail ? Are we talking spinning off or major pressure loss somehow ?
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top of mine looked normal when I fitted it, when it came off it was mushroom shaped, it either got hot and the weight made it sag, unlikely, or it built up pressure and bent..
Milners gave me a refund straight away, they told me they didn't know they had a faulty batch

One dent at a time...
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have pictures, but on my other phone which died  Crying or Very sad

Worst case, take just the filter off, over a bucket or tray, check the filter then refit or replace, simples..

One dent at a time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Heads up! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: