Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L300 Meet at JAE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 20:19    Post subject: L300 Meet at JAE Reply with quote

As there was only the two L300s turned up we decided to call it the L300 Meet.
Andyman and I had a good time despite the lack of numbers.
From now on I will just book myself to meets and if at JAE next year will join in with the 4 X 4 group who we had a good time with.
I know that time and money place constraints on people's leisure time, but it was rather empty on a 12 place plot with just the two of us.
Thanks to Ticketman who turned up on the Sunday only to find us starting to get ready to leave as the Off Route playground fell through.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 20:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Flink
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry I wasn't able to attend. I had bought the tickets and everything :/ Work just got in the way. Please let me know the next time you do a meet and I will see if I can attend.
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose this was a show most obviously for lovingly modified and polished, static exhibits, (this year, there were no driving skills
competitions/show driving by experts etc. as in the last time I went,) although taking a ride in a car-crushing monster truck looked like fun.
Ironically perhaps, then, the most interesting exhibit was an old Nissan Micra, bought for £150,with 120,000 miles already on it. It had a shopping trolley in a roof cage, acquired on the trek, and  used to carry all the extra stuff  the young explorer had found necessary on his 32,000 mile, round the world trek. All modifications from the bog-standard banger were made en-route, as a matter of repair/necessity.
For those of us who found covering a few miles of green lanes in the Lake District in our 4x4s adventurous, this lad and his friend in his equally ordinary Skoda Favorit (not on display, as not Japanese) had by far the most interesting car story.
For some reason, the organisers had moved our plot well away from the large, combined 4x4 plot, which didn't help our sense of isolation, but as Ian says, the combined 4x4 group welcomed us to a convivial evening around the fire at their camp, so thanks to them, as on my last occasion, for their hospitality. Hopefully, they took away my fire basket, which I took to the party, and forgot to retrieve the next morning.
Mark Dale of POCUK, who had tried to organise the off-road track, and been let down late in the day, is going to try and organise a mud-plugging day in Yorkshire. Thanks to Ian and his missus for their hospitality in Hull, and may be relieved to know that the L300 with the dodgy alternator, made it home to Cumbria with stops in Bridlington, Flamborough Head, Scarborough and York, and with the voltmeter reading 11.3V. And the replacement alternator has still not arrived!
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you made it home with no catastrophe.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: