4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Three miles off A66, three miles to Ullswater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Overnight camping locations (Free) ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 23:29    Post subject: Three miles off A66, three miles to Ullswater Reply with quote

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Dockray,+Penrith+CA11+0JY/@54.5881333,-2.9644406,923m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487ce632ec206afd:0x922eb941f405a68e!8m2!3d54.586022!4d-2.940808

The little, rough and entirely free 'car park' at the eastern end of the Old Coach Road. Only one other car arrived while I was there this evening. Nice pub/hotel a mile down the hill in Dockray.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 23:29    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

davep10000

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

And of coarse there isn't (or wasn't?) any reason not to drive this track as well........(but take a friend)
Dave.
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had got there earlier, I would have investigated, despite the battered sign on the gate saying that the track had been badly damaged by floods - presumably at the ford(s). But with the sun going down, and a dodgy alternator, I didn't fancy having to turn around in the dark, or negociate rocky riverbeds by candle power lights! Fortunately, it is only 16 miles from here, so I'll wait for another fine day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Overnight camping locations (Free) ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: