Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Coniston meet? - April 7—10th 2017

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davep10000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few campsites cater for groups, and have separate 'rally' fields (I know Knight Stainforth site near Settle used to have one)- they are listed on this website.
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=781&rg=North%20East
Not sure if I can join you, sadly, but good luck wherever you end up,
Dave.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 17:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Do you know somewhere suitable where you could hide a few Delis without the LDNP wardens turfing us off? Or even somewhere in Yorkshire? Secluded common land, off the beaten track, accessible only in 4WD! 8-)

I have stopped overnight on the "Wrynose & Hardknott" found a hard standing somewhere up high (Probably could park a few Deli's there  Smile )
Dunno where it was, drove up there in "The dark" - - - That gets interesting  Shocked - - -  Interesting = "Hairy"

Must be a reasonably remote spot, as no other vehicles drove by all night  Exclamation

Mr D
andyman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, Dave, thats a useful site, plenty to look at there! No date yet, so you never know.
jejoenje

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardknott pass would be really cool but from memory, most of the usable places there would be pretty small, i.e. not more than two or maybe three vehicles. Plus in high season I would expect overnighters would attract quite a lot of attention... Generally speaking I think the Lakes are increasingly policed in terms of "illegal" wildcamping  Sad

I still quite like the idea of the Coniston Hall site, if others are happy with the pricing??

Have there been any more thoughts on potential dates??  Smile
jejoenje

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually thinking about it, what sort of criteria are we looking for in terms of site? I'm currently thinking this...

- If paid site, needs to be happy with groups.
- Enough space for numbers of people wanting to join.
- Reasonably remote and scenic or at least the latter.
- Somewhere "north".
- Proximity to pub or other beverage/food-selling establishment. (what's close??)
- Not too expensive (<£15/night/head - or is that too dear?) or needing membership (ie not CCC sites?).

These are obvs only just the things I just thought of (I'm tired!) and I'm sure everyone else has other ideas but it may be useful if we could come up with a list of desired criteria by all so we could narrow down the search? Please feel free to add/change/delete/shut me up...  Razz
BarefootBennett

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's north, and we can get a few of us together I'm happy wild or paying.
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have used Great Langdale site before and Old Dungeon Ghyll is a short walk away, also scenery is quite good and it is handy for the Lakes.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
LOKE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be in the Lakes for a week in May anyway , just don't know dates yet , will find out from the missus when half term is , visiting elderly parents but can spare a couple of days at least , if the meet falls in half term errrr Bristol Somerset half term , then no worries , if the meet is elsewhere or not in half term dates I can't make it , Coniston Hall is sound , the last time I stayed there was with Andyman and Deker , I think thats when Mr D stayed at the top of Hardknott on his way to Scotland , or was it Wrynose  Question
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately (from the point of view of attending meets), I will be fully occupied with my daughter's wedding at May/June half term.

Ian, Langdales has the problem that all vehicles have to keep off grass camping areas and remain on roadways and hard standing/parking areas. As Gotbeanz is coming up from Cornwall to stay near Keswick  April 7th to 15th, we could have a Lakeland meet then - it is school Easter holidays! Hands up all who say "aye"!
BarefootBennett

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye I'm okay with that.
jejoenje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I think I can do that too, although I can probably only commit to a couple of days/weekend, not a full week.

So either weekend of the 8th or weekend of the 15th?

Obvs Easter is the latter, and I guess things will be VERY busy in the Lakes then...?
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't make Easter.
Our 40th Anniversary and have promised Carol to take her to the Big Cats Sanctuary in Kent 13th to 16th April to see the Cheetah she has adopted.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
BarefootBennett

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice  thumbright
gotbeanz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get up there on the 8th then leaving again on the 15th but if anyboady is around would love to meet up maybe do a couple of green lanes together.
Deker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOKE wrote:
, Coniston Hall is sound , the last time I stayed there was with Andyman and Deker ,
A) I think thats when Mr D stayed at the top of Hardknott on his way to Scotland ,
B) or was it Wrynose  Question

A) NO, I was with you two that night. Then on to Scotland.

B) Dunno which, I drove up there in the dark  Exclamation

Mr D
Deker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:

April 7th to 15th, we could have a Lakeland meet then - it is school Easter holidays!
Hands up all who say "aye"!

Can't say, have me operation in March  Sad
Side's that, April weather unpredictable  Shocked

Mr D
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

NB, having this meet does not rule out any other Northern meets, to my mind, the more the merrier. I will check out a campsite I know near Keswick, near a pub, next week on my  campsite checklist, with Coniston Hall as a fallback. I'm minded to go for the first weekend, if folks are agreeable ( or other days - please vote). There are already enough yeses for a meet, so  anyone else who wants to jump in, come and join us. I am still up for a Yorks or Lancs meet as well, but if at May/June half term, I will sadly miss it. Still hoping the South West meet will be in the school summer hols, when I will have time to trundle that far in the bus! And by which time Deker will hopefully be properly mended, and able to enjoy moderate Scottish lubrication!
Delicajunkie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is everyone one thinking of a meet in Great Langdales somewhere around April 7th to the 15 then? If this is the case I will see if I can make it for a couple days. I will keep an eye on this thread and see what everyone decides. Also this is all new to me so are there any other details I should know about these meetings? Thanks talk soon.
andyman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people will only 'meet' for a day or two, and then move on, unless they are planning on making it part of a weeks holiday, so the hard part is agreeing on which are the core meet days, which looks like being Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th. Just keep an eye on this thread, details will be given once a venue/site has been finalised, so you'll know what facilities are there, and what aren't unless you bring them!
CunningLinguist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested and I also have a few places in mind, one of which is Tan Hill Inn, which is close to my home [url=https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Hill+Top,+Keld,+Richmond+DL11+6LP/@54.4123714,-2.2208875,526m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487c41e12d1a59b3:0xd8f695c9cdbecd59!8m2!3d54.4123683!4d-2.2186935]Hill Top[/url], where there's also lots of space for vehicles.  There are a couple of other potential sites nearby, so I've emailed one of those to see whether they'd be amenable.
In all cases, there's no shortage of challenging off/roads, and snow in May isn't unheard of up here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: