Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Body / suspension lift?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Moderator on here and have never registered on POCUK, but it would be the same for me on there if I did.

Mark Dale is an Admin on POCUK and on the Facebook page, but an ordinary member on here. I don't go on Facebook.

Each of the Yellow Diamond clubs has its own Mods and Admins. The one constant being The founder of the group - Simon Hobson.  Wink

Right; time for me to get some sleep, it's almost 02:30 here and I have a poorly Deli to diagnose in the morning, ( suspected blown rear crankshaft seal ).

TTFN

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

kingbrian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey didn't realise it was as late as it was last night! Thanks for hanging in there so long, Hope you had luck with your repairs today and had no dramas,
Must admit i'm really really looking forward to picking this up and in just one day of being on here have learnt a lot about these beasts, I always said I would NEVER sell my Paj but since seeing what these look like done i feel like its not selling it but letting it grow up!

Definitely want to get my hands on the extended door hinge first as this will dictate where I will be heading in regards to "fattening it up" the list I've got will have to wait till then ( roofrack, rod tubes, ladder, spots cameras etc etc) so any help in getting one would be Kin fantastik : )
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I managed to confirm it is the rear crankshaft seal that has popped. Plus a local mechanic has agreed to have a go at doing it with me, as it will cost a few thousand to get it to a Mitsi garage and have them do it, from where I am located. He has the tools and  I nave a bit of knowledge, from when V8 rick did one on my last Deli a few years back. The two main problems being getting a replacement seal in the first place and the mechanic and I speak different languages.  Laughing

As for your door hinge problem! There was some mention a while back about getting them from a supplier on Ebay. You may also find this DIY post on making one useful:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16448.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Sun Oct 09, 2016 16:53; edited 1 time in total
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

People sometimes make them up in batches now and again, not heard of any for at least a yr tho

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
kingbrian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF thousands????? where the  @#*% are you located? kin Lapland????
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on Holiday, in the middle of nowhere, in Spain.

The Deli can't be driven, as the engine will dump whatever oil is in it in about five minutes flat. So I would need a big recovery truck to get it down the mountain to the nearest garage that can do it, 20'ish Km away.

They want to take the engine out to do it. That will take them about a week to get a seal kit and then a minimum of 14 hours labour, when they get the time to do it, in a week or three. Removing the engine requires emptying the aircon system then pressure testing and refilling it, which is not cheap.  So 14 hours at 120 euro an hour, plus storage and recovery, plus car hire and another 20% tax added to all that..........

I prefer to doddle along at my own pace, at my location, pay a local some readies for helping, with no taxes, and know it has been done right, without having the front end of the van taken apart to have the engine taken out.  :D

ルイス
kingbrian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only recently returned to UK after 15 years of living in Spain (worst kin thing i have ever done) UK NO TA!!!!!!! I know how the Spanish work too well, I used to own the CB Friday and then owned the distribution company delivering papers fpr the costa blanca news, think spain, la revista and many more and run a fleet of Kangoos and transits, they tucked me up for 1000s for turbos and even if you needed a change of spark plug the Cabra's wanted to remove the B#@+tard engine!!

Where in spaina re you? I might have a fella that would help if near bye!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll send you a PM.   :D

ルイス
kingbrian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need translating at any time just ask, my Spanish is not too shabby and my daughter id fluent due to being born there and is her first lingo.
kingbrian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to make the most amazing Sticky - "How to change the rear oil seal while half way up a Spanish mountain, using a mechanic unfamiliar with the motor, who doesn't speak the same language"! Can you use the auto-translate on your tablet/phone to help?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping sign language, facial expressions and the photos I took of Rick doing the one on my last Deli will suffice.  Laughing

Anyway we are hijacking this thread, and it will be at least a week before owt happens.

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: