4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Body / suspension lift?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingbrian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 19:38    Post subject: Body / suspension lift? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but a old hat on our POCUK department.

I am in the throws of defecting from my beloved Pajero to a Delica exceed, both the same year and colour so i don't feel so guilty! too much!!

I am presently sitting pretty in the Paj on a set of 33 x 12.50 15's and it looks mighty fine, so was wondering if there would be a way of swapping them onto the Delica?
I know it will more than likely mean either suspension or body lift plus a go with a jigsaw and some rubber wheel arches, (maybe off an old 3500 weight transit from back in the day) so with that said could anyone point me in the right direction for either tips or strategies and hopefully a contact/ supplier of parts needed.

Thanks in advance for any info and i am sure this forum will be as helpful as our brothers on the other side.

Ta much.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 19:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi king Brian!
Not a clue about your wheels issue but thought I'd say hi and yes. Pocuk site is great for info!
Are they cool about you getting a Deli?  
I know I'm making idle conversation in the wrong place, but it's Friday and welcome in.  Smile
kingbrian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and hi Green Grouch.

Blinking smashing to get a warm welcome, and really appreciate it. As for th POCUK massif I've not told them yet!!
I think though it should be cool, after all same family just different sister!! Oooooh! A bit Jeremy Kyle there me thinks!

I recon the tyre/ wheel size might not be the real issue but perhaps just the knowledge of how to lift the tart either by the body or legs! Mmmm Numnum!

So any help with me Julie would be appreciated init?

Getting slippery in the mud is for the whole family!! BUY A Delica
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, you can't do a body lift because the body is part of the chassis and the biggest suspension lift you can do is 2" without spending loads  Crying or Very sad

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
kingbrian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wicked info already buzr6mille !,

Listen! according to my old lady 2" is a big deal so whilst looking for a Ann Summers lift kit to make her happy it leaves me time to spend on extras for the Delica ; )

So! Any tech info on how to get these 2" on a budget? (for me motor not her!) and where to get the bits?

Thanks loads, Oh and the old lady says same from her.....WTF!!!!
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post a pic of the ol lady   Wink

Easy really, taller rear springs, Defender front with 50mm lift then wind up the torsion bars to match

One dent at a time...
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyre size depends a lot on the rims you use, I've found 10.50 tyre fits okay with a 7j -15 offset, anymore and you will needed extended side door hinge  Shocked

One dent at a time...
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! welcome to the club!

You can download a free copy of the complete Mitsubishi Delica Workshop Manuals from here:-
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38831

A useful L400 parts numbers list is here:-
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=393

These sections will give you lots of useful info, so are worth checking first for help:-

L400 Technical facts and Repair info:
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=2

DIY jobs back to OEM specs:
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=64

Top Tips:
http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=32

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
kingbrian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

So!
For the dim witted amongst us (Being me)
You are saying that I need to put Defender front springs on the back of my motor then wind the torsion bars up to level it off?
And as for the wheels would the 10.50's still work on standard Pajero 6 spoke alleys with say 50mm spacers? as i think that with fat tyres they look Tonka.

With regards to posting a pic of the dragon lady it would give you the heeby jeebies for weeks mate! looks like a cathedral gargoyle trying to squat on a pineapple top!!! and I have to look at it and you got a choice!!!!!!!!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds about right.

Ensure the front arch seam is hammered well flat at the rear of the arch and get rid of the mud flaps.

Either replace the blacks airdams at the front of the arch with a flat plate, or just let the tyre treads remove any plastic they find in the way.  ( see the front of the wheels on my white Deli shown below. Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
kingbrian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolio Lewis, thanks for the heads up.
What size wheels and tyres are you running? I have not picked my one up yet ( Friday is D day & train tramping up to Birmingham from Hastings east Sussex and taking a punt on getting a sold as seen and un-seen, un-tested £1200 94 motor 5 hours home!!!

I am only assuming they are 15's as standard but someone said they may be 16's???? Fark!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to a language error, after a double puncture in Spain last year, I have Bridgestone Dueller 225x75R15's on my current Deli, ie the white one. The local tyre shop was limited on availability and I ordered a set of five 225x80's, as the spare was also stuffed, after getting off the mountain I was on. When the local bus came in to the village two days later they brought my tyres. However the supplier had sent 225x75's (to clear his stock of discontinued tyre patterns).  Evil or Very Mad having only a week left to drive back home I had no choice but to accept them.  Sad

The Yorkshire Warrior was fitted with 30x9.5R15 Kumho KL71's, which as big as you can go without modding the arches. They mote than coped with some serious offroad wet and rocky offroad tracks and bogs.

ルイス
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tyres will fit standard Pajero mk2 alloys, but, I don't think the side door will open with the 50mm spacers andyj will need to cut the lower parts the front wings, and the footwells will need a sledgehammer to batter the snot out of them  Rolling Eyes

One dent at a time...
kingbrian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great I'm getting the jeest of what can and Can't be done, I love the  standard Pajero mk2 alloys and I've got 33 x12.20. 15 and they are the nuts, shame to downsize, cutting arches i have no problem with but as you say i will have trouble with the sliding door! any way round it at all? are there ways round it?
kingbrian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to post a pic but don't know how to do it??
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extendable door hinge..
Thing is if the front stick out to far you won't be able to turn the steering to much  Shocked

One dent at a time...
kingbrian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay! so where to get the Extendable door hinge is the next port of call? then to work out what size hammer will be needed!
kingbrian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could anyone on here sell me one or could I pay a clever member to knock me one up for a shuffle through my pocket? I've now seen one on google and on here of how its done now but i am not tool handy and will just buy parts for a mechanic to bolt on as and when i get them. not lazy but have all the patients and dexterity of a new born jelly fish on speed!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this post:- Uploading photos
Note the info in the Faqs link, which I thought was the same as on the POCUK website.  :?

ルイス
kingbrian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep sure is BUT! it says i Can't post as i am new to this forum!!!! meaning MDOCUK! even though i am a long time POCUK member!! go figure!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: