Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Mark 3 did my Cam chain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwdg298
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:42    Post subject: Mark 3 did my Cam chain Reply with quote

Just wanted to put in a positive word for Mark 3. This was the second time I have had him do work on a Deli for me (fuel seal on last Deli). This time he did my cam chain for what I think was a very good price. The old one turned out to be pretty stretched with A LOT of sideways play.

It was a pleasure to watch him work and I've learnt stuff about my beastie in the process as he was more than happy to answer my daft questions. He also took the time to show me his supercharged monster  Twisted Evil

As to the job itself, I Can't believe the improvement in noise level, she pulls better and overall driveability is just massively improved. I'd say if you have any doubts, then get it done.

Overall, a top guy and highly recommended.  :D

Winston Churchill

L Reg 2.8 L400 (The funbus!!)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

CunningLinguist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:28    Post subject: (Not) Chuffing happy! Reply with quote

I second that, or should I say I 87th that, given how any he has done.   Mark made the long trip to the frozen North to do my chain and fuel pump seal and arrived by around 10am after a 4hr drive. As well as it now pulling better, especially uphill, I'm seeing better mpg and, as an extra benefit, I can now turn the stereo down 3 notches as it no longer has to compete with the chuffing noise.  Many thanks Mark and BTW you left your hand-scrubbing kit behind, so I'll have to do some oily jobs myself now!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

New filters help get the mpg.  Rolling Eyes  Wink

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
mark3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:14    Post subject: Re: (Not) Chuffing happy! Reply with quote

CunningLinguist wrote:
 Many thanks Mark and BTW you left your hand-scrubbing kit behind, so I'll have to do some oily jobs myself now!

Yes i did wonder where it went then when i realised i decided its probably best left there rather than popping back up to collect it lol

I'm glad your pleased with it  :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lewis. Yes, the new filters have undoubtedly made a difference too, thanks.   I still don't understand why such a forward-thinking design included hiding the fuel-filter behind two hefty batteries, making access to change it more difficult.  Now the Deli is moving better, it's revealing just how bad it is at stopping  Shocked , so the brakes are next on my list. Once it has stopped snowing, I'm going to lift the seat to check and clean the g-sensor, in case I can avoid replacing it.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

SNOWING......  :?

I take it your in Birkdale.  Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: