Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Meet this year 2016. Start off with Wales.

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

All loaded apart from perishables(Butter,Bacon,Steaks, etc)
4 different Whiskies on board( all from Speyside sorry) along with WhiskyMac and Ginger wine for those who need a warmer before bed. Wink
No other mixers as in true Scotch drinkers manner,got some water for wimps. Laughing
Hope to see you all there

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 14:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Deker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping to be there Friday evening, slight problem tho  Sad

Friend of mine died recently (age 58  Crying or Very sad ) His mate may need a sofa moved out of the deceased flat, probably late in the day.

That will b-gger me up for loading the car early in the day  Shocked

And I've ran out of Whisky, must go get a bottle - - - Won't be anything salubrious, but good enough after the more tastier ones  Smile  

Must phone Mike at the site, see what is the latest he will accept me on the site.

Great thing about this, is the temporary fix by hospital allows me to travel  Laughing

EDIT = Phoned site, no Mike, about arriving late, his daughter answered phone, said "Dad is in the bar to about 23:00"

Also, he visiting wife in hospital. So be careful what you say chaps.

Deker
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rang Mike yesterday, he said I can bring my fire basket, as long as I don't scorch the grass. So I've packed 2 bags of logs and kindling as well, and a bottle of whiskey given for my 60th. That should keep the midges off!
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS Deker, don't you go b*ggering yourself up carrying sofas. Let others do the lifting, you just drive!
waynee
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was good to meet you, Andy, Ian and Deker, before you went your merry ways. Hope I didn't delay your departure too much. Thanks for all the tips and info and not so many thanks for adding another hundred items to my to-do list.

If I'm going to be part of this gang I'm going to need to reinforce my liver as well as suspension!! Shocked

Cheers Wayne
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been going on a while now and lots of talk of whisky Twisted Evil

When you've all finished with your hangovers - would be good to see some piccies of Delicas and whisky !!
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Grouch wrote:
This post has been going on a while now and lots of talk of whisky Twisted Evil

When you've all finished with your hangovers - would be good to see some piccies of Delicas and whisky !!

Trust me, not a good combination! drunken
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back  from this meet,will post pics later when I've resized them.
Arrived 1500hrs Friday started putting up my awning and it started to rain but I carried on and by the time the other 2 arrived it was up and I was soaked.

The first night we got tucked into the whisky,I don't remember going to bed apart from Deker"s disembodied voice saying get in there.
Woke up next morning with a sore head,thought my awning had collapsed during the night!!!
It had with my help,apparently I fell into it and smashed both sets of poles,so there's a repair job to do.

On the grass between the 2 L300s where we had the camp fire was an almost empty Glenfiddich bottle, an almost empty Old Pultney bottle and a part empty bottle of Whyte & McKay.
So NO whisky and Deli meets don't really go together.
Saturday turned out sunny and dry so we sobered up!!

It was Saturday afternoon before we got off in convoy round Lyn Brianne, down the Devil's Staircase and up some tight 1 in 4s.
Had a fish supper on the way back and decided not to have ANY drink that night.
Sunday up late and then Waynee showed up to meet us, so too late to go anywhere with Andy & Deker as they were leaving that day and a lot of talk and advice was given before they left.
It then started to rain again!!
I then went round the Elan Valley,had a nice Sirloin steak for tea at a pub and then back to the campsite, a couple of beers and bed.
Got up 20 past 4 this morning,was raining again so packed up and left at 0500hrs and got back here 5 hours later.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Deker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fostlongstrider wrote:

A) So NO whisky and Deli meets don't really go together.

Saturday turned out sunny and dry so we sobered up!!

It was Saturday afternoon before we got off in convoy round Lyn Brianne,

B) down the Devil's Staircase and up some tight 1 in 4s.
Had a fish supper on the way back and decided not to have ANY drink that night.  

A) I disagree - Two bottles of whisky twixt the three of us - I thought my Delica is very comfortable to sleep in  :D

Mind you, I don't really suffer hangovers from imbibing in Whisky  Rolling Eyes

B) Along The Devils Staircase  Wink  Tho, it is a bit Up & Down.

I have some pics, will get around to posting later.

Neither of you two have mentioned how well you liked the campsite I chose. I hope you did.

Deker
Deker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 19:27    Post subject: - pictures Reply with quote

A Delight of Delica's  :D       At the Llyn Brianne Reservoir - - - -  Brianne is pronounced Breearny.

One of the best views of the reservoir looking North.  Then the cars = Left to right - Yours truly, Ian's, and Andy's.

The water level is almost 1000 ft above sea level.

Deker

Last edited by Deker on Sun Feb 18, 2018 0:28; edited 1 time in total
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camp site was great,nice and secluded.

Some pics:-

1/ Chapel at Soar
2/Delicas at Chapel Soar
3/Delicas at Lyn Brianne
4/Lyn Brianne
5/Statue at Llandovery
6/Red Wing sculpture at Disserth Campsite
7/Elan Valley

Deker you've got the Deli's wrong, its Your's,then Andy's, then Mine!!

Flying Brick Supporter.
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you both got back safe and sound, - I nearly didn't! Told you my brakes weren't good, going down the steep hills, of which there were plenty, I could feel them pulling slightly to the left. That was in the dry. On the A483 coming home, raining hard, me, the 3cars and m/cycle in front of me were obliged to slam our brakes on when a van, trailing white smoke/steam, pulled out in front of us and promptly broke down. The biker, who had just filled the gap I was leaving in front of me, managed to stop okay, but my L300 started to pivot around its nearside front, and wouldn't respond to opposite lock until I took pressure off the brake. Fortunately, the oblivious biker decided to overtake the queue, and I stopped 3ft from the car that had been in front of him. I checked the front brakes today, especially the o/s, it locks and releases easily, pads and disc are evenly worn, exactly as the n/s, no sign of contamination or leaks, all 4 tyres had 38psi and are only 1,200 miles old.

Anyway, (new paragraph for Deker) It was a lovely first evening, chewing the cud, and supping whisky over a log-filled fire basket. I don't think I drank that much of it, - I don't think I could - I reckon the fairies came and supped from my abandoned bottle after I had staggered off to crash in my pit. If I had known Deker would wake Ian from his slumbers to put him to bed, I would have helped, - but then Ian's awning would probably have been a total write off!

So we were probably legal to drive by the time we set off the following pm on Deker's Great Magical Mystery Tour - and it was great, - beautiful Welsh winding lanes at their sunny best, windows down, and stopping at breath-taking viewpoints, any remaining cobwebs were blown away. Got waved at by an unknown Deli in Llandovery, big grins on those 2 lads faces at the sight of our 3 Delis. Fish & Chips supper at the biker's caff, then back to Disserth - an excellent, cosy and sheltered camp site with pristine facilities and friendly, family owners. Sun-happy and knackered, we were early to bed.

Rob(uardu) never made it, but when Waynee arrived next morning in his very tidy and nicely converted Chamonix, with his bro' Richard in his equally smart and cleverly adapted Estima/Emina, it lifted the grey gloom of the changed weather, and we stopped packing up to pass the time with them. I finally got home, after a diversion to Pistyll Rhaeadr, around 9.20pm. 860km and around 80L of fuel in total (including some veg. oil). Happy with that. Thanks, Deker and Ian for the good company, and Wayne and Richard for coming to see us (any excuse, eh?!)
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good scenery there fellas. Also, the L300s look great. ( Even though I have an L400 ! ) Dekers L400 looks tiny on the full front picture. ? Is that a trick photo ???
andyman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deker had backed his towbar into the bank behind, so Ian, on the right, cautiously parked his further forward, so it looks bigger. Seems like more than a week ago! So, where and when is the next meet, and who's coming?
CSMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have followed this thread with interest as unfortunately I knew I wouldn't be able to make this date. I can recommend Devon for long weekend if you're thinking of another get together.
Deker knows my local area very well, and if you fancy pitching without facilities, you can overnight park along the whole seafront at Exmouth. It's nice to get up and go for a swim/paddleboard/kitesurf before breakfast.

Alternatively there is a campsite, Pratshayes Farm hidden in the fields not far from the beach. I'm not sure of the regs on "Deli campers" but they take tents and regular campervans.

Let me know if you're interested.

Rich
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to explore that part of England - but it would take the best part of a day's travelling to get there in an L300, so I would want to make a week of it! Which probably rules it out for this year! Sad
mouseflakes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
managed to stop okay

Thank goodness for that!

Otherwise, it sounds like a great weekend, if a little soaked (in more senses than one!).
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely was,despite there only being the three of us.

All meets are what you make of them.

Just getting my thermal/blackout curtains modified to fit Mitsi UK.
Current curtains let light in despite the window tint and it gets light around 03:30hrs at the moment.
Tend to wake up and lie there till it's reasonable to be up and about cooking breakfast.

Flying Brick Supporter.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use one of those black-out eye masks! Works a treat. However, I have cut out some window shapes from silver radiator backing insulation for overnighting later in the year. Is there a fire- retardant foam pellet insulation I can blow-fill behind the interior trim? I don't fancy removing the panels to fit sheet or on-roll stuff.
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could try the same stuff as they use for cavity wall insulation as long as the panels are sealed at the bottom.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: