4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Advert appearing in this forum, is it safe ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 21:03    Post subject: Advert appearing in this forum, is it safe ? Reply with quote

Download drivers for XP and others, are they after money  Question  - from - - -

©SparkTrust Systems All Rights Reserved. 1839-A Fort St., Victoria BC V8R1J6. Email: support@sparktrust.com 1-877-795-7878

Deker
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 21:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

It dosent get a great review here !!  Sad

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121220170455AAYfj5K
CSMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest using the Adblock extension/plugin. Block most stuff. I can't remember what the internet looks like with adverts anymore.

[and if i remember correctly, ads are themed on your browser history and searches so generally we all see something different in the advert window nowadays]

Rich
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that the adverts are placed via Google, from businesses who pay for them to be shown. They need to make money back from you somehow or other !  Sad

If you need media drivers for your PC then download the free K-Lite codec pack (latest Full version is 10.9.5) from download.com, which is safer.

In fact to save you searching here is a link to it:- http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

As always check each page that is shown on screen, before clicking to continue or download, to ensure there are no little boxes that have ticks in them that will download addiyional addon software packages that you don't want or need.  Rolling Eyes

For specific drivers for peripherals, like printers, monitors, scanners etc, go to the manufacturers support downloads section.

HTH  :o

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
If you need media drivers for your PC then download the free K-Lite codec pack (latest Full version is 10.9.5) from download.com, which is safer.

In fact to save you searching here is a link to it:- http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

For specific drivers for peripherals, like printers, monitors, scanners etc, go to the manufacturers support downloads section.

HTH  :o

Thanks for that Lewis  Smile

Iv always been wary of downloads, had problems in the past, especially when I was on "Telephone Dial Up"

Later - on Broadband, from HP. downloaded so called Update Printer Drivers, did not test printer at the time,
later went to do some Printing - it would not print, thought printer was U/S.
Now thinking 300 sobs down the drain  Crying or Very sad

Got a S/H one to do my job, didn't last long, previous owner had used El-cheapo inks  Sad

In the meantime I had formatted H/D, so re-installed Hp drivers from Disc, hey presto  Smile  printer working again  Smile

Over a couple or more years, done the same thing, downloaded HP upgrade - printer would not work  Sad
Contacted HP technical, they had no idea  Mad

Re-formatted H/D, re-installed everything again (gets boring)  Rolling Eyes  Printer works again.

As you may see, I am very much terrified of Downloading anything.

Recently my handheld HP Jornada 720 PC gave up on the screen display, me thinks upgrade to a Tablet device,
my main need is a spreadsheet, & be able do technical drawings in MS Word would be nice,
I have a genuine copy of MS Office 2003, which I found out cannot be installed onto a modern tablet device.

BTW - Office 2003 has a nice lttle feature that works in the Drawing section = An adjustable Drawing Grid.
MS fixed it in later versions, they removed the adjustable bit  Evil or Very Mad Typical of MS = If it works - Fix it  Exclamation  

At PCWorld I was then sworn at - MS office 365 could be downloaded, they used that swear word = DOWNLOAD  Evil or Very Mad
Have you seen the nasty drawback with Office 365  Question  May work well for high powered businesses, not so, for lowly folk like me.

So, looking for a Tablet, with a Spreadsheet, I gave up. Bought another S/H HP Jornada 710, has MS office installed.

Deker
blippi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good old google if you have an Android phone with location switched on check this link

https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0

Was shocked to find they were tracking my daily movements
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Android devices track your movements and web browsing habits, wether or not you want them to.  :?

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
blippi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was more the fact there's a log of all my movements plotted on the map for every moment of every day.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

blippi wrote:
Good old google if you have an Android phone
Was shocked to find they were tracking my daily movements

My Half way to being a Smart phone, packed up last week  Sad
bought a "Simple Flip phone" With REAL buttons/keys. Battery lasts a week & more  Smile

A few months back, the previous (internet able) phone was "eating" its battery,
went to shop where I bought the phone to get another battery.
The salesman said "The screen is cracked, and phone is outdated, you need an upgrade"

I replied "This phone does something amazing, I can be in the middle of a street and make & recieve phone calls,
does the same with text messages. Can the upgrade phone that  Question "

He just looked at me  :?  And took some cash for a new battery.

Deker
CSMonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any android/google phone product is constantly collecting your impersonal data. It's their currency and your location, browsing habits etc are of value to them. But you do have the option to disable all of this if you want to spend the time doing it.
But things like accessing Google dashboard and being able to see the location of your device are actually very useful for the customer. If you lose your phone but can access a PC then you can locate the device within 50cm if it has a good signal.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: