Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

front diff lock Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ho55

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 18:01    Post subject: front diff lock Issue Reply with quote

Riddle me this Chaps ....'Wheel lock' light has been on since I bought my Bus, but didn't think too much of it as it's not a high mileage vehicle, while doing all the fluids the other week I managed to whip out the switch in the front axle to test it as I thought it may be faulty but it was okay, i pulled off the vac pipe on the engage side of the actuator and it still stayed locked..with not having to deal with this system before  [A] is it spring applied or spring off?? [B]what and where does the vac solenoid get controlled by is there a switch on the 4WD stick or is it a switch on the transfer box ?? as i would like to get it fixed as it's one of the very few niggles I want to Iron out ...Cheers All Knowledgible collective :-)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 18:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Ho55

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted... one of the vac valves was goosed !! thanks to Michael on the FB page for his help...
Ho55

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boooo the second hand air solenoid i used just failed ...where is the best place to get a new one that doesn't cost stupid money ??
motorang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey
I think the reason there are no answers is that normal 4WD busses do not have a wheel diffloc let alone one actuated by air pressure - sounds like some aftermarket wizardry by ARB or OME or so.

The 4WD switch on mine sits on the bottom of the transfer box, and 4WD is actuated by the 4WD gear lever next to the normal H shift lever, manually by bowden cable.

Andy
Ho55

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope ..Standard fitment same as the early Pajero that didn't have auto-lock hubs

if they have auto lock hubs you don't have diff lock...
motorang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
no matter how the WHEEL HUBS lock (auto or manual), on the standard beast there is no DIFFERENTIAL lock, not in the front diff, and in the back diff neither.

On my L300 4WD manual shift with manual front wheel lock and 4WD engaged, I am going exactly nowhere as soon as one front wheel AND one rear wheel slips.
There are rumours that a limited slip rear diff for L300 exists (or can be made to fit) but I could not find one (or a part number for it) to date, and this would be an automatic mechanism, no selenoids or air hoses.

Andy
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a limited slip diff on Mitsi FI.
They are normally only on the manual gearbox models as an option.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
motorang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a lucky b... man

Is there any chance you could some time check what part number is on the diff, while you are working on the car? Maybe I can find one over here on some shogun or L200 or whatever ...

Andy
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe L/S rear diffs were fitted as standard on higher spec. (Exceed/Super Exceed) and winter pack options on L300 Delicas from late 1991.
Ho55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I worded it wrong ....Mine does not have any type of free wheeling hub Manual or Auto ... as for an axle it was identical to the one in the mk1 pajero I robbed the solenoids off to fix mine :-) and  i thought to myself it was a bit of a rareity ...I'll give the bloke who has it a shout and see if I can buy the whole thing and strip the axle out and put it on the for sale page on here
Ho55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh the Bits i got were off a MK2 not a mk1....[is there an edit button I am missing to save me doing multiple post??]
motorang

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho55 wrote:
sorry I worded it wrong ....Mine does not have any type of free wheeling hub Manual or Auto ... as for an axle it was identical to the one in the mk1 pajero I robbed the solenoids off to fix mine :-) and  i thought to myself it was a bit of a rareity ...I'll give the bloke who has it a shout and see if I can buy the whole thing and strip the axle out and put it on the for sale page on here

Hi there
No edits in posts are possible on that board ...
if you are doing that for me I am not sure it makes sense to send something that heavy from your place to Austria ;-)

Andy
Ho55

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you don't want it someone else might :-) :-)
Ho55

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

well went back to have a look at the pajero i got the bits off unfortunately no chassis plate available but sticker was still intact on the diff case :-) it is up for being scrapped so just need to contact the owner now

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL636/3294917/22476234/410998963.jpg

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL636/3294917/22476234/410998974.jpg
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fostlongstrider wrote:
I have a limited slip diff on Mitsi FI.
They are normally only on the manual gearbox models as an option.

Mine has LSD on the rear diff. (1988, manual with winter pack) I've never checked the front diff.
So yes - must have been on the options list

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap!!  1989 P25 manual with winter option pack(Mitsi FI)

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
motorang

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

So
just in case the pictures will be gone one day:
the code on that diff is
FC4
4,875 (which should be the internal gearing ratio AFAIK)

Thank you!

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: