Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Window tinting film / removing the sliding side windows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wemfish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:52    Post subject: Window tinting film / removing the sliding side windows. Reply with quote

My L300 windows are not tinted so I have bought some tinting film to do the job. Putting the film on is not a problem but getting a good finish where the front of the two windows slides under the rear is just about impossible. I would like to take the windows out and put them back in again once done.

There is no obvious way to take the windows out. Has anyone taken the sliding windows out and if so how did you do it?

Will there a problem either technical, legal or visual with doing the back window over the heating wires?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

marius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 23:17    Post subject: removing sliding windows Reply with quote

Hi Wemfish,
I have got Hyundai sliding windows, but I think they must be similar
Have to take the frame out of the door, by removing the U shaped vinyl strip on the inside, maybe there is a foamliner between frame and door, which can be replaced with silicone.
the metal strip in the middle is kept with little screws covered with silicone, there is also a little rubber stopper.
with the screws out the frame can be widened up a bit to get the glass out,
if you need to get the holdingrubber out (rust) be carefull and have a razorblade or scalpel handy, it is glued at the joint.
Use a new razor blade to clean the inside of the glass and lots of soapy solution after drying sand the edges with very fine grid to get the foil flush with it
Curved glass
Profesionals use a frame with the foil tensioned in it, And put it on the outside of the convex (rear or front) window and heat it with a airgun, the foil takes the shape and cut out it is applied to the inside, no problems with the heating wires
Marius
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: