Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Breather pipe problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigfoot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 18:52    Post subject: Breather pipe problems Reply with quote

Does anybody know of any known breather pipe problems,
I have a Delica Exceed and it seems to be leaking oil , I have been told that the presure in the engine might be the cause , oweing to a blocked breather pipe ? I have also been told that it could be the piston rings - oil rings . ( I hope not ) that would be exspensive .
has anybody had a similar problem .
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 18:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

chiefie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the club mate :D

not a common fault / problem that i know of. most oil leaks are from the 1/2 moon at the back of the cam cover gasket, oil pressure switch is also a weak spot.

hope this helps
cool-dude

Location: Lowestoft Suffolk and ** Rhyl North Wales When Home **

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 19:36    Post subject: problems with Delica L300 Reply with quote

Hi there Bigfoot,
I am having the same sort of problem.I have oil around the turbo as i look from underneath. So far the only place.I have a bad knocking noise coming from somehere around the bottom of the engine seems okay when at a speed but as soon as she is at idle the knocking comes back MMmm what could this be? I remember someone saying the middle of the bottom pulley wheel is made of rubber. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I wonder Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

cheers Richard
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Boozy nights

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep mine knocks and I have a lot of oil around the turbo area. Found an old service sheet that says the oil is coming from the flange on the turbo but i'm not convinced? Only knocks on idle, can't really hear it from the cab but when underneath it is fairly loud.
If you find anything out let me know, not too worried yet though.
cool-dude

Location: Lowestoft Suffolk and ** Rhyl North Wales When Home **

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
As soon as i find out where that knocking noise is i will post it here. I have the Deli booked in for Monday so hope they will find something Sad

cheers Richard
cool-dude Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: