2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Thank you MDOCUK and V8 Rick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marie Millward

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 17:51    Post subject: Thank you MDOCUK and V8 Rick Reply with quote

After experiencing 'issues' with my Delica which my usual garage couldn't put right, I thought I would have to think about getting rid of her as perhaps she was 'unmendable'.

As a last resort I joined MDOCUK and browsed the forums to see if I could find folk who had the same issues as I was having.
I found it was quite a common problem.
So many of you on here had recommended V8 Rick as a sound mechanic and I contacted him.  I have so very little spare time and didn't know how I was going to get the vehicle up to him, although drivable I didn't want to go too far in her.  I was thrilled to find he travelled the country mending Delica's and even more thrilled that he was happy to come to my place of work to mend my vehicle while I was at work.

After talking through the issues I was having, he arrived with various parts on board to fix my beast.
A couple of hours later he informed me she was 'finished'.
Not only had he sourced the problem, changed a part and mended her mechanically but he also replaced my broken dashboard for a spare one he had which was exactly the same!
All of this for a very modest charge.
I can't recommend this guy highly enough and now have him on speed dial lol.

I went away camping in my Delica last weekend and she now drives like a dream.  It is so worth while using someone who is experienced in working with Japanese imports.
Thank you MDOCUK - so pleased I found you AND V8 Rick
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 17:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

CSMonkey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, a happy post about a resolved problem Smile

We love MDOCUK forums Smile

Rich
YOZA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're sorted, Rick has been to rescue me from jobs I've started and waded in out of my depth.

He is the type of fella who doesn't keep his knowledge to himself, he will show you the way to do things the right way using the short cuts he has figured out along the way.

What you need to realise with Rick is that he is 103 this year, so he has accumulated a serious amount of mechanical knowledge during this time, I think when I'm 103 I will know it all as well.  :D

He cut his teeth on this baby.......

Shocked
Marie Millward

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rich and Yoza!

If Rick's 103 he's wearing pretty well! ha ha
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing is his prices have stayed the same since 1938 but yup he is one of a very select few who we trust to do the job.
Bazza   :D

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
Marie Millward

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the jist that he is highly respected and trusted Bazza! Nice to know that my instinct and trust was perfectly placed!

He even text me a few days later asking if everything was still okay - great service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: