2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Towbar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micklaw

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:23    Post subject: Towbar Reply with quote

hi , i have a L400 swb 1995 PD8W order a towbar from towequipe and when i went to fit it there is no bolt holes in back cross member to bolt it to on my Delica , have been on to towquipe sent them pics of my Delica and waiting to hear back , just wondered if anyone has had this problem and if so what towbar did they get and where from , mick

(Moved question to Towing and technical forum. Moderator)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

theFleured
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you post a picture of what you got in the towbar kit?

Many Delis have towbars, it's almost standard equipment:)

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have a combination of brackets with it that fasten to the chassis and back crossbeam.

The towbar then bolts onto those.

If I remember right their kit is code number TC705 for the L400.  Smile

You may find tjis post worth reading:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5740

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
micklaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 20:05    Post subject: Tow Bar Reply with quote

Thanks for trying to help with tow bar as there was no holes in my back cross member to bolt the tow bar together. I had to take off the outside plastic cover and the metal step. I had to drill three holes in the back cross member each side. Behind the metal step, there is two square holes in the back of the back cross member which allowed me to put plates and nuts onto the bolts.
Mick  :D
albideli

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't think any of the towbars I've seen bolt to the rear crossmember panel, all have brackets that have bolted up to the chassis rails either side underneath then a rear cross member bolted inbetween these two brackets
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

The anchor towbar has a bracket that bolts to the rear crossbeam, using the rear nudgebar fixing point:-

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
albideli

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

But even that uses existing holes same as the ones in the chassis that the A1 towbars use, never seen one where you have to drill holes?
mu0chn
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Don't know if you have sorted this out and I have not looked at mine but on some cars you have to remove the tow eyes. I had a Volvo 740 years ago and that was what you had to do.

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

mu0chn wrote:
Hi
Don't know if you have sorted this out and I have not looked at mine but on some cars you have to remove the tow eyes.

Not on the L400.  Wink

Apart from the fact that they are welded in place they sit in line with the chassis, whilst the towbar fittings use the rear nudgebar mountings, that lie between the chassis rails, with other bolts on the steel bars using holes above the tow eyes.

ルイス
mu0chn
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay Lewis sorry I will get back in my box and be quiet. ;)

I have not looked under mine to see. I have thought about getting one but it would be too a lot work to make one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: