Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Ansor Iqbal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackal-FFS-
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 18:51    Post subject: Ansor Iqbal Reply with quote

Be careful buying anything from this man, firstly his Facebook name is completely false, he advertises as Adaam Rehman, his name is actually Ansor Iqbal, he doesn't live in Skipton, he lives in Bradford and his descriptions of his vehicles read like a dream, they are, a bad dream.

Bought a Deli from him and got it home only to discover a number of issues, it's now starting to cost me money getting it up to a reasonable level, messaged and telephoned him and have been told in no circumstances will a refund be given, seriously considering taking it to a garage to let them give it a good looking at to see if there are any serious issues I haven't noticed yet.

I may need to look into getting legal assistance regarding this but have no idea where to start, I'll update this post when I can.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/169259388904231/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A16419551-2006-415a-b641-1c9ee00e23d8

(Split from David Rose post, to avoid confusion between people. Admin)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 18:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Jackal-FFS-
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 18:57    Post subject: Re: Here's another one to watch out for on Facebook Marketpl Reply with quote

He also advertises on ebay as Power-Performance3

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?item=266187058553&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m145687.l2562&_ssn=power-performance3
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, we don’t need another robber trying to get our money!

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
andyman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackal -FFS. What are the issues with your Delica - from the ads it looks quite tidy - as it should be for the asking price, for which I would expect an essentially sound vehicle with a few minor trim/ cosmetic/minor electrical niggles, and not bad rust, or rust which has been well repaired (fully cut out, seam welded,- not over-plated/patched) and treated so as not to rust again soon.
Jackal-FFS-
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andyman, the issues are as follows..
suspension component mounting fractured
excessive corrosion which is affecting braking and steering, offside front and nearside front
no steering rack gaiters
offside track rod ball joint
oil leak
water leak
brake pipes corroded
exhaust holed
tyre walls showing signs of cracking and perishing
osf inner wing corroded
cylinder head causing the vehicle to overheat
electric windows don't work
central locking doesn't work
safari roof lights don't work
brake discs are corroded
brakes are severely worn, down to metal on two of them
advertised as having a recent full service, absolute rubbish, filters are corroded
12 months MOT with no issues...?

had 2 quotes to do these repairs, 1 at £5,118.00 and the second at £4,406.00 and they only cover certain faults and welding, there are others listed that would need to be examined to identify what the actual fault is, for example, the electric windows, cylinder head, oil and water leak.
the whole underside has been undersealed so gawd knows whats hiding under that.
andyman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch! Some of those should have been obvious from a fairly cursory check examination, and would have been sufficient to make me suspicious and look closer. However, whosever name is on the test certificate is guilty of a serious crime and should lose his testing licence, passing a vehicle in that condition. I feel your pain, having been caught by a car that had well hidden faults (eg underseal over filler around a suspension mounting point). Unless it was sold as "Trade sale only - spares or repairs", I don't think your seller has a leg to stand on, legally, but you'll probably have to join a long queue at the CAB, - they are overwhelmed by folks cheated by utilities and other scammers. Caveat emptor. Trust no-one but your close mates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: