Adrian Flux - 01553 845 945

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

would you buy a Deli from this man .........................

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deker
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

With £3.5 Gs outlay, have you considered an AA or RAC engineers inspection/report  Question
Might well be worth the cost  Exclamation

Deker

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 20:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

illapulito

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you need to get some legal advice.

I. the procedure for getting and independent inspection ' photographic evidence report in the event issues/faults are disputed subsequently

2. not to jeopardise any potential claim due to doing / not doing something

Whatever the whys and wherefores of any individual case the apparent reports of a pattern of behaviour warrants consideration.

There seems to be a significant price variance between private sales and dealers prices. That is fine if it is reasonably stated that the dealer has identified and remedied faults.

Circumstances alter cases but on the other hand warranting a 20 year old vehicle is not reasonable if you also want bargain prices.

The curious factor thats seems to apply in the cases mentioned is that buyers bought in good faith without using an independent inspection service.

Yes, I understand the statements made about condition ... but caveat emptor always.
albideli

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I sympathise with your situation my comment that I've made several times before is why didn't you road test and inspect the vehicle, irrelevant what the seller states the condition is, if these faults appeared on the way home they'd have shown up on the test drive, unless its less than 3 yrs old any vehicle wants inspecting, trust no-one.
andyman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a random, blindfold, pin-sticker's method of buying a vehicle, you would be very unlucky to end up with the odds of buying such dogs as this guy appears to trade in. Does he seek out the cheapest rubbish no one else will buy? I'm sure Matt Albright on Rogue Traders could do a good expose'.
NICO
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dngrsdaz -  fully sympathise, will update my experience with this cretin after the court case, apologies I can't put it up now, but I may jeopardise the hearing if he's a 'sleeper' on this forum. Suffice to say he's an utter nob who thinks he's smart. Wigan trading standards are ace!!
Deker
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICO wrote:
but I may jeopardise the hearing if he's a 'sleeper' on this forum. †

This one, Without Prejudice = "malarose " †Question †I may be wrong, please excuse me if I am.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but millions of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
albideli

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

correct †Wink
Dngrsdaz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update is due as many of you have likely been waiting for this. I was given a full refund to the penny by Dean not long after I posted on this site, however it was not the site that validated the full refund however something I discoverd upon inspection of the vehicle that voided the MOT he supplied. Trading standards were useless to me and I found out more by myself. I was correct in not handing the vehicle back to him for repair before a refund, as more research led me to find a leverage for an instant refund.

One problem that I mentioned was the noise from the steering rack and inspected it and it was a failure. this was my ticket to a refund as it is a criminal offence for any dealer to sell a vehicle that is unroadworthy under the road traffic act 1988 and the steering rack is deemed a major violation of this due to control. I threatened Dean of trustcarnorthwest with a further MOT to validate the problem, (amongst others he claimed never existed in his original ad of "perfect mechanical condition") to which it would of been handed to Wigan trading standards for inspection by thier engineers. It would of failed and prosecution would of then been out of my hands and in wigan county councils again (its his third time). meaning he would likely serve time at her majestys pleasure as did the dealer at Godstone Cars and Longford cars.

Well Dean sh*t himself and paid up immediately. the trick is this guy thinks hes intelligent and clever he believes that he is mentally superior to his customers and that they are merely something he can silence and sweep away. your best trick with this guy is to show him how intelligent you are, do the research find everything you can on him and your rights then fire them at him. you will soon find the cracks, the guy is merely a simpleton pretending to act clever due to his own insecurities, maybe he had a colourful upbringing with a family member who knows.

What I do know is this man is a crook and as it maybe okay to buy an individual working part from him, ( lets be honest how could he rip you off with a wing mirror, or offside headlamp unless he didn't send it) the man is a crook when it comes to dealing of vehicles and already retains at least three convictions ( I believe there may be more) through wigan county court. So steer clear and if you are a victim do not listen to people say hand the vehicle back, he will twist it in his favour have independent inspections done first before you hand it back with statements. †Or do as I did and ensure you have a solid case have him collect the vehicle and give the refund on collection by doing your research thoroughly, don't always listen to trading standards they may be right by law, however won't always have your refund at the top of thier list.
andyman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Daz, I'm pleased you got all your money back, and didn't have to negotiate  or compromise with Dean. I just hope he is not at this moment selling that dodgy Deli to some other unsuspecting punter. If he is, you shouldn't hesitate to contact trading standards and VOSA, as a danger to the public. I hope you find a good one soon - summer is coming!
andybusaking

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 17:56    Post subject: Dean Rosenthal Delica Reply with quote

Hi I am in a big problem Dean Rosenthal has not delivered a Delica I bought off him and its been months he has £4000 of my money does anyone have his address so I can get legal proceedings started the van I bought has the REG P291 JRB ( I wish I had found this forum some time ago
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need his address.

Just go to your nearest police station and report him for Theft and Fraud (Obtaining money by deception).  Evil or Very Mad

The police will find and arrest him, which will save you spending money on a solicitor.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
albideli

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like somones using it ..P291 JRB taxed,MOT'd and insured
BrianB72
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis is quite right and so is my wife, she is a police occifer, it's fraud.
Obtaining money by deception is not taken lightly, you need to call 101 and report it via there, don't try and contact Dean as this is now a matter for the police!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 21:51    Post subject: Re: Dean Rosenthal Delica Reply with quote

Err..... Hang on a minute guys...

andybusaking - Seeing as how this is your first post and we don't know you, could you please clarify one point?

Why have you put your location as Northeast England, when your IP is listed as:- Incredible Technology Holdings (Proprietary) Limited, in Luanda, Angola †Question

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes use hotspotshield which I believe changes your ip address ?
I don't use it when I'm at home though on my own connection
Lewis - how did you find out the incredible technology holdings bit ?
- just interested as how did you find this out ?

ps -  Was it paypal/ ebay?
even if it was ebay and sold as seen - at least you could get some compensation on non delivery etc ????
BrianB72
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimately you can get to the bottom of anyone's IP address, I personally use the TOR as it uses bridges and nodes! However you can trace a route back through any of these "hidden" address routes!
Nothing is totally anonymous as they would lead people to believe!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Grouch wrote:
Lewis - how did you find out the incredible technology holdings bit ?
- just interested as how did you find this out ?

As Brian says there are many websites that allow you to check an IP number, to find out who the IP provider is and the country the  message came from, or for that matter an e-mail address.

All posts on this website show an originating IP, as they do on any website you post on. However they only show the IP number and nothing more. This website tends to get a lot of spam posts trying to sell kitchens and medicines, etc, mostly from America, the Philippines and Indonesia, which Admins and Moderators remove. Invairiably they come from the same IP Netrange address, in a given country, though from different usernames, until they are blocked.

Regardless of what we personally think about Dean's activities, this website has a duty to ensure members are not being wound up and that such a claim is genuine. This is the second time we have had a first time poster reguster and make comments on this post. The last one, also claiming to be from the North East, didn't reply to a request for info to prove their claim and accordingly the post was removed and they never returned to make a second post.

When Albideli posted the vehicle was registered as in use and taxed, with an MOT it rang bells, so I used my Mod access to check the IP. Had it indicated the IP was in the UK, I would not have taken it further. In this case the message originated in Angola, sfrom a business address with a static Netrange, which a person posting from the UK cannot access.
I want the poster to clarify the claim before, we all get embarrassed.  Rolling Eyes

ルイス
andybusaking

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:37    Post subject: Dean Rosenthal Delica Reply with quote

Hi iam currently working in Angola in the Oil&gas industry and. I have no reason to try and mislead anyone ,due to my leave cycle being long ,this is how it's taken so much to realise that I was being ripped off,
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,  Thanks for clarifying that, as it fits in with the company HQ the message was posted from.  :D

My original comment stands, in that you need to contact the UK police ASAP. If you have paid via a card then you also need to contact the card provider also.

If you have any documents to show that you are the owner of the vehicle then an advisory e-mail to the DVLA may be of use and help discover where the motor is located, should a vehicle recovery company be required.

Best of luck in getting this guy shut down and put away.  :o

ルイス
andybusaking

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:05    Post subject: Dean Rosenthal Delica Reply with quote

Thanks sorry I did not make things clear ,payed for the Delica via PayPal money transfer which I contacted them and they cannot help ,I seen the Delica on eBay but did not buy in through eBay as I payed extra to have a lot of modifications done to the Delica by Dean ,winch ,snorkel,mark 2 front end,and the list goes on ,I actually sent £5600 to him on the 27th December 2014 and when he said he could not complete the build he sent me £1600 refund at which time I thought he was genuine but the rest of the money has never arrived as he promised 8 weeks ago ,at one point he agreed to clear his debt by delivering the Delica and I am still waiting so that's the full story ,thanks for the advise I will contact the police in the morning via phone from were I work I have lots of emails and evidence even a detailed recipe cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UKô Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: