4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Malarose2407 - Roseuk4 - m6nwimports

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
handlebar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 0:31    Post subject: MALAROSE2407 Reply with quote

Hi just bought my first L400 2.8 jasper Delica overjoyed then afterwards joined the club and was shocked to read about the bloke I bought mine from talking about MALAROSE2407 oh sugar whent out checked everything on the car no professional valet cig butts in ash trays no air con clock not working don't know about underneath disabled so Can't check engine sounds and starts great autobox fine and now the bomb shell said in advert m.o.ted till sept checked and it is till january got intouch with him but gave me the runaround then stopped answering told ebay but nothing thay can do but if thay get enough complaints about this bloke thay will ban him from ebay so if you have a bit of time and been ripped off by this bloke please inform ebay as he is selling a lot of delicas on this site  Crying or Very sad

(Posts merged for continuity. Moderator)

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 0:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rickyhampih

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:51    Post subject: maiarose2407 roseuk4 Reply with quote

okay Guys, just a quick update on Dean Rosenthal, He is no longer trading on eBay as malarose2407   hello1
however he is now trading as roseuk4, he has 0 feedback and seems mainly to be selling spare parts. Now if he proves to be selling good used spares then all well and good, only time will tell.
It looks like all of our complaints etc. have done some good.
If we have managed to keep him from selling just 1 POS then we did good.
Keep your eyes open for any tell tell signs of him the future. I know i will.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I note that he is claiming on his roseuk4 trading name that he is advertising on the Delica owners Club.  :?

Well he isn't advertising on this one, and if je isn't advertising on any of the others then that is false advertising. Evil or Very Mad

I don't have an E-Bay account otherwise I would have challenged that with E-Bay.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
belch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's also using  m6nwimports as another account by the looks of it.
albideli

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above, yep he certainly is.....
Derek
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I keep wondering is that its not inconceivable he could be a "silent" member of this forum Shocked  :?
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can't see him doing any business with any regular readers of this forum, but newbies are vulnerable, and unsorted Delis give the marque a bad name. Trading standards should be able to shut him down, as there must be plenty of evidence of vehicles sold 'not as described' or 'not fit for purpose' by him.
tutor52

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Well I can't see him doing any business with any regular readers of this forum, but newbies are vulnerable, and unsorted Delis give the marque a bad name. Trading standards should be able to shut him down, as there must be plenty of evidence of vehicles sold 'not as described' or 'not fit for purpose' by him.

Sadly, trading standards do not have the clout that many believe.

I bought a "not fit for purpose" (not a Mitsi) a few years ago and although Trading Standards paid him a visit, after I had got nowhere, their response was "He says that the car has cost him a lot of money so there is nothing we can do"!!

Thanks guys!

Dave
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
I note that he is claiming on his roseuk4 trading name that he is advertising on the Delica owners Club.  :?

Well he isn't advertising on this one, and if je isn't advertising on any of the others then that is false advertising. Evil or Very Mad

I don't have an E-Bay account otherwise I would have challenged that with E-Bay.

Not seen his ads on any of the other sites.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
lindseyj

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fostlongstrider wrote:
Lewis wrote:

Not seen his ads on any of the other sites.

I have challenged e-bay on the fact he is now using a Wigan address rather than Leigh as per old id will report the false advertising as well.
eternalstudent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to put a thank you post on this thread here.

Me being one of the newbies just started looking for a wagon. Have my heart kind of set on L400 with working ECS, and a 7 seat variant. So off I pootle to the bay of flea's and there is this shiny black super exceed and to be honest. I looks good to me in the pics, in response to my email he was prompt and clarified the few points I raised.

So me think yea this is on, I can go down and get, seems he sells a lot of these things.

Maybe I can let him off for the fact that L is not 1995 reg letter.

but

okay he only has 3 feedback for him as a seller, and he's been trading for 7 years and just sold 2 Deli's recently scratch

So slightly speeded up registration on the owners club, well I'm not quite an owner yet, and a search around and this is the thread I find.

I don't like con-men.  Twisted Evil

So thanks for the warning I guess its now back the gumtree and seeing whats local.
illapulito

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read the thread and as in all things it pays to be cautious.

I bought some breaker parts at a reasonable from the guy and he posted them off promptly.

Later in passing up north I called by. He had at least half a dozen Delicas, some breaking some for sale. One guy arrived while I was there to collect a SWB L400.

I bought some more bits some of which the guy fitted for me, again at a reasonable price.

I have no idea if the other stories are true or not, I have had no other dealings with the guy before os since - by which I mean a statement of context in case you think I have some bias or agenda, not meaning any value judgement.

This has been my experience.

My only concern is that there might be a good motor or parts that someone could be missing out on. No doubt given the strength of feeling of some others you'll get a particular point of view.

Be prudent, of course, but in my experience the guy is not as bad as he is being painted. Which is not to say you shouldn't listen to the others. Just keep a more open mind perhaps. Caveat emptor always !
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he is sort of honest and yup the black over silvers he has had made me sexually excited but rather than worry about the bargains we are missing i i like to think of the custom and profit he is losing because of people avoiding him due to being dishonest to previous customers.
If my Deli breaks down i can normally afford to repair it and jump in the other halfs car to get to work a lot of people don't have that fall back it makes me angry to think of the poor slods he has swindled stuck with no transport and a vehicle they cannot afford to repair.
If it starts to kick off all he does is start a new company and change his ebay username he also has ccj's that is not a man who is misunderstood.
Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
smudgetrike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 22:44    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I would just like to say thanks to everyone on here and their help in stopping me getting ripped off by the bloke in Wigan not certain to the name he's trading under this week, also just hints on what to look for.
One to make you cringe I went to look at one in Leicester advertised as a 4x4 but with the bars removed at the front v good price, got there and thought odd a bit low but man said been lowered so okay , test drive speedo didn't work and no stick for 2w or 4w  Rolling Eyes   so asked where it was (now smelling a rat) to be told they don't have one so cheers again. So decided to take your advice and spoke to A5 11miles from this wally and I am pleased to be picking up a pucka one next week  Laughing
DaveJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 22:59    Post subject: I think I've been had Reply with quote

Oh dear i have read this all to late me thinks!

okay I have just done a deal with this guy and swopped my L300 for the blue lwb 400 he currently has on auction site (N *** JCR can't remember the numbers - anyone know this car?).

Anyhow, guess what? Not far from home I notice the temperature going up so stopped before it got to hot. Steam and water p*ssing out of the radiator. Bollards!

I got AA out who recon that it is just a knackered rad as I didn't let it totally overheat they recon head gasket etc should be okay - AA guy put rad weld in and topped it up with water. Got it home with no more temp issues on the way...but....the water level has dropped right down again. I am therefore not sure the problem is just the rad.

I rang dean who assured me he wouldn't let a car go out if it was dodgy or had anything wrong with it, he then said he would have a new rad sent to me and i could bill him for the installation cost. I am going to take it round to the garage in morning for a once over. Will a new rad ever arrive?

I will ring him again tomorrow.
andyman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, Radweld won't fix anything but a small leak, but may temporarily reduce the flow on a bigger leak. Just check for obvious signs of gasket failure, mayonaise in the oil, oily scum in the  expansion tank, and over pressure released when you take the filer cap off it when it has only been running a short time. Delica standard temp gauges only move off the bottom 1/3  when they are starting to overheat, if it get into the top 1/4, that's usually too hot.  Top it up, and run it up to temp gently, keeping an eye on coolant level. It should idle all day without overheating, the fluid drive fan should speed up to cool the rad.If the rad is generally old and knackered, check out the whole cooling system, especially the expansion tank and hoses. Poor cooling system maintenance  is a prime engine killer. Fingers crossed it all comes good.
DaveJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
In my experience, Radweld won't fix anything but a small leak, but may temporarily reduce the flow on a bigger leak. Just check for obvious signs of gasket failure, mayonaise in the oil, oily scum in the  expansion tank, and over pressure released when you take the filer cap off it when it has only been running a short time. Delica standard temp gauges only move off the bottom 1/3  when they are starting to overheat, if it get into the top 1/4, that's usually too hot.  Top it up, and run it up to temp gently, keeping an eye on coolant level. It should idle all day without overheating, the fluid drive fan should speed up to cool the rad.If the rad is generally old and knackered, check out the whole cooling system, especially the expansion tank and hoses. Poor cooling system maintenance  is a prime engine killer. Fingers crossed it all comes good.

Cheers Andy - thought you might pop in! Thanks to Lewis for moving my post to the correct thread.

I am going to reserve judgement on all of this until said dealer has had a chance to respond. He informs me that he has ordered a new head with gasket and bolts to be sent to me -I shall await its arrival. My local garage owner - who I know well - took a quick look this morning and said straight away head gasket or head. It was probably the pressure in the system from this that blew the radiator - which looks shagged anyway. He has more time this PM to get the car up on ramps and do some proper looking later. I will keep you all posted.

Clearly this is a 19 year old car and i was not expecting it to be show room condition, but equally I was expecting to run! Why oh why did I not just get another Disco???!!!
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveJ wrote:
oh why did I not just get another Disco???!!!

Possibly because Dis go where dat don't.  Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
DaveJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
DaveJ wrote:
oh why did I not just get another Disco???!!!

Possibly because Dis go where dat don't.  Laughing

Laughing

Just had text message from DPD saying I have a parts order due for delivery tomorrow!! I have not ordered anything and unless the wife is expecting a new sink?? ....perhaps new bits will be and are on the way??? Still have to get them fitted though.

DJ
Deker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveJ wrote:
Just had text message from DPD saying I have a parts order due for delivery tomorrow!! I have not ordered anything and unless the wife is expecting a new sink?? ....perhaps new bits will be and are on the way???

Still have to get them fitted though.DJ

If you can't manage, V8rick will be your man.

Deker
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: