4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Towbar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sl8ter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 14:44    Post subject: Towbar Reply with quote

Is there any pictures of how the towbar fits on to a L400 ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 14:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Depending on which model of towbar.  Rolling Eyes

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
sl8ter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not got any pics of it but it has 2 angled piceses that bolts on the chasy that then bolt on to 2 straight picese that  also must bolt on to chasy then the tow bolts on to them .if that makes any sense what so ever
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Anker Tow bar, but the parts are similar to ones made by other companies.

This is one of the two centre pieces shown in the box, with the angled top, with the towbar bolted to it.
Note that the angled section points downwards and the 90 degree short bit is bolted to the underside of the panel using the bolt that is already there, holding the rear plastic panel on.

This shows the backplate from underneath, where it is bolted to the back of the rear panel.
The long bars go at an angle from the bottom of the rear bracket to the long chassis bars, there are angled plates and spacers in the pack to hold that to the chassis.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
sl8ter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helps a lot thank you 😎😎😎
sl8ter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

The angled bar that bolts on to the chasy (bottom pic) has the chasy got a captive nut or do I need long bolts  with nuts to go through the chasy ?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kit has a nut welded to the inner side of a short length of 2cm flat bar.

The bar fits inside a hole pre-cut hole in the chassis so a bolt can fit through - the long bar - the chassis skin - the short bar then the nut.

Fortunately there is another hole a tad further back, on the chassis, so you can hold the short bar in place whilst you get the bolt in the nut.

HTH

ルイス
sl8ter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fitted it today easy enough useing your info😎 thank you. any tips on how to wire it up now 😁
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it to a local caravan sales place.  Laughing

ルイス
sl8ter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought if that LOL
Green Grouch
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wired mine up, but a bit of a faff. Trying to do it all neatly and tracing the wires to the correct pins takes moderate patience and a few basic tools, wires, and a sunny afternoon to enjoy.  Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: