Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Some say the seats don't go to a bed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poker

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:19    Post subject: Some say the seats don't go to a bed! Reply with quote

So if you could see my fingers right now, you'd notice that they are just oh so close to touching as I say : "I am this close to buying a beloved 91 or 92 Delica L300". The only problem is that I'm now seein from some that certain van's seats do not fold down into a bed! I know that some do I guess now I just need to know how to spot it. Any help?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seats​ do fold/recline fairly flat but don't make a proper bed. 8 seater with middle bench is better than captain's chairs 7 seater.
Most people put an air bed on top to smooth out the lumps.
I replaced the rear bench on mine with a VW rock n roll bed for a few years which meant i could keep the captain's chairs before doing a full camper conversion last year.

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had both versions and used a readybed(sleeping bag with air bed included) and had/have comfortable nights.
However that is me on my own,can be a bit tight with two.
As said the centre bench OD the 8 seater makes a better bed. A

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
jejoenje

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above - it's not a perfect bed but perfectly usable if you use some ingenuity... after all it's not a campervan as such, unless properly converted!
andyman

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

After years of sleeping on one of the captain's chairs facing backwards, fully reclined and with my feet on the back bench ( back upright), while it is quite comfortable if you don't want to sleep on your side,- having removed the captain'seats for a boot sale (4 nuts per seat), I am going to build a folding , 1M wide bed base between the engine hump and the rear bench, with room for storage boxes underneath. With a 2" thick foam pad on it, it will be designed to fold up against the drivers side rear windows when not in use. If I need to carry more passengers, it will be a 5 minute job to remove the bed and refit the captain's seats. The only reason I haven't tried this before, is because someone said you have to be careful not to lose the seat bolts in the floor slider channels, but you can't, as they are welded to sliding carriages, which continue to run in the channels. I will put a floor board with 8 holes in it over the 8 welded bolts to make the floor safe, I don't fancy stubbing my toe or standing on one of the bolts when I get out of bed!
jo0lz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

our CHamonix 8 seat with centre bench is a usuable bed
add a cheap thin foam matress or air bed on the flattened seats and its really comfy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L300 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: