2Gether FS : 01945 585322

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Linden 4 x 4 cars, Newquay, Cornwall,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 15:06    Post subject: Linden 4 x 4 cars, Newquay, Cornwall, Reply with quote

I have just purchased a 94 100k silver super exceede for 5800 from Linden cars. The car had a few faults before I paid the deposit, but due to a lack of super exceeds when I was looking, I went for this one. They had two weeks to get it sorted out and get through the MOT. None of the work was done as requested, and I got the feeling that the MOT was not really worth the paper it was written on. They didn't have time to Valet the car so it still has the coffee stains from its previous life in Japan. The knockling on the anti-roll bars was not sorted as promised, and the passenger seatbelt was also not working, However I have been assured that at least they will put right the seatbelt and the valet as and when I can get the car back to them.
The impression they gave me was that no work would be done on the cars untill they had a customer willing to buy and then when they did its get it out the door. I did however they were very rushed and so perhaps things were not running as smooth as they normally would have hoped. However as I am the customer that wasn't really my problem. They actually asked me to collect the car earlier than I wanted as they needed the money to keep the cash flow running, then never had it ready for the agreed day.
They also do not give any written details of what is covered in a warranty, they only say they give the legal warranty that is allowed by selling a car in the motortrade. Which I thought was a bit unprofessional.
However saying that I am pleased with the car and it appears an honest car.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 15:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 17:26    Post subject: Re: Linden 4 x 4 cars, Newquay, Cornwall, Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
and the passenger seatbelt was also not working,

Then it can't have a legal MOT as seatbelts and their condition and functionality is part of the test.

Either go back and demand all the work gets done (mention trading standards or something)
or take it to another MOT station first for a double check... then decide what to do...

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just taken the car back to get all the things fixed that were wrong and they have promised to get all the stuff sorted no problem, a full valet, the anti roll bars, the radio, seatbelt and to check for a leak in the roof. I will keep you posted as to how this goes. However you are right about the MOT.
I got the feeling however that all of the problems with my initial delivery were due to the garage being just rushed and so disorganised rather than dishonest. However I will keep the site informed
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they had the car for another 2 weeks, they did the anti roll bars to stop the anoying knocking, however that is all they did. All I can say is they told me they would put a wave band expander in, they didn't, they would fix the leaky sunroof, they didn't, and finialy they would valet the car, they didn't. So I think that I will go elsewhere to get the stuff done on my Delica. All in all they have had the car for over a month out of my warranty period and they must have done about a couple of hours work on it. If you do have dealings with them then I would suggest to get the AA to look over the car and not part with any money untill the car is brought up to scratch. I will give them 3 out of 10.
Chairman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems a lot of money to part with for a poorly maintained car...

hope you get it up to scratch...
I learnt a valuable lesson with cars a few years back.. now I find its better to walk away if unsure...
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:11    Post subject: Muggins me Reply with quote

Yes you are right, However as I said I wanted to get super exceed with the cristalite roof and I only saw 2 in the whole time I was looking, and that one was the best. I wanted to get it sorted before I get to Glastonbury festival this weekend, which it kind of is. I am thinking of maybe earning some extra cash towing hippies VW's out of the mud (I am myself a reformed VW van owner).
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just been messed about for the past month by these bunch of jokers in Linden cars about a broken heating controll box. I suggest people stay well clear of them as they do nothing to their cars as regards after sales service in fact I will be contacting my local trading standards department to make an official complaint about them.
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I have just found out that as they fitted the fog light wrong thats its a MOT failure. What a joke.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a experience a guy had from the mazda bongo site while buying from Linden cars so its not just me!!

"I had the same problem with the same garage. Lucky for me I think I caught them out. I asked for new tyres, car to be valeted and a full service plus a few other little things. I turned up to buy it and it was like it was my privilage to be sold to. A bad attitude straight away, my wife wanted to walk away but i was very keen as I knew it was a good motor.
I said before I pay I want to take it to another garage down the road to make sure all has been done to it first.
They did over a 100 point check and the car was in good order but no service was done, it hadn't been cleaned, infact nothing i asked for was done at all. The tyres were also illegal. I managed to get him to agree to let another garage do the service at his cost and negotiated the other things as I hadn't fully paid for the car.
My summary is they have some nice motors but don't do anything they promise. If you think your getting a bargain then get it checked first before parting with cash. They certainly do not offer a good level of service, far from it so you will need to be sure that you don't have to go back!
I have since recommended friends to buy from elsewhere like Alans in Plymouth and even though Westward are a bit more expensive than others they offer a good friendly, knowledgable service as well they just couldn't compete on price for me. So there are good alternatives in our neck of the woods.
Glad to hear your all sorted now."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: