Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Dealers & Traders pushing sales in the tech/general area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfarsang

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 20:53    Post subject: Dealers & Traders pushing sales in the tech/general area Reply with quote

Question for you guys

Has there been any issues with Dealers & Traders pushing sales in the tech/general areas or are they generally shut down by moderators in a short order?

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 20:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Diver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

The odd glimpses i've seen are dealt with by the mods super quick. Is it a problem over on your side?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a system here that stops new members from posting links and images until they have a reasonable amount of proper posts and a week or two of membership.

All sales are done via the website 'Classifieds section:- http://www.click2add.co.uk/classifieds/?view=ads&catid=5&cityid=-1

Any sales posts that are posted anywhere else on the website are deleted on sight after a member has reported them.

You can read the club sales posts rules here:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3879

Brand new members who use the classifieds section are usually permitted, but trade sales are instantly deleted.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
jfarsang

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's become a large problem and voiced by many members. Just wondering if you guys on this side of the pond have experienced it before.

All of the other forums I'm a member of, the administrators/moderators always without question put members ahead of dealer and site sponsor/advertisers.

In this case, there is one Dealer that pretty much took over the forum and pushed out all the other dealers. It's come to a point where any random member says anything that this dealer does not like, then the dealer begins to belittles that member.

It's a real shame.

Happens frequently every month or so with this specific dealer. Goes quite and them comes back with a vengeance towards anyone who does not follow their own personal rules.

Not sure of what to do. We (members) have attempted to squash this behaviour but it backfired.

Other forum admin/mods have told me that it simply would not get to that point (thread quotes below).

Cheers guys

Here is an example for yesterday: I omitted the dealer's name and link to the thread to be polite.

As that thread may get deleted (this dealer appears to have his 'explosions' removed and starts fresh all over again often so no new members realize what happened), here is an exert from that dealer.

The site rule is clear regarding dealers.
Quote:
Please note that if you happen to be a motor vehicle dealer, weighing in on a dispute between a competitor and their clients will not be tolerated.

"For Sale" posting (for vehicles and parts) should not be posted in forum threads

Any member who does not adhere to Rule 1.1.1 will be issued a formal warning and, if the behaviour persists, will be banned

Original poster who's waterpump is leaking:
Quote:
From the top of the block all looks dry and cleanish.  I included a photo of where the drip is running to under the truck.  Maybe someone has seen the same drip before?

Dealer's response:
Quote:
I would say you'd better take it to garage for compression test.
Price for water pump will vary depending on quality and importer's price policy....
We have them at competitive price ( $110 ) and supply them to many garages.

Original poster:
Quote:
Honestly, I'd rather pay double the price than give business to you.  You spam craigslist, you spam kijiji, you spam this site, and now you're spamming my thread!!!

What shops do you supply?  I'll do my best to avoid them

Dealer's response:
Quote:
I think you went off topic too much.
Are you angry at my suggestion “ compression test” as well?
If you have a problem with your pajero and want to get opinions, you’d better take into consideration all scenarios.
Quote:
What shops do you supply?  I'll do my best to avoid them.

That’s a confidential.
But I bet it will be very hard to avoid them. :-)

In a conclusion, pls try to get your current symptom and its solution only.

Original poster:
Quote:
I am commenting on some very valid concerns of the quality of service of an importer.  I am free to do this all I want, that is what this forum is for, not to push your service and your parts or for you to promote/defend your business on other peoples threads.     :-D

Please refrain from posting in this thread again.

Dealer's response:
Quote:
I smell fishy at your posting, because you are not in neutral position anymore.
This forum is not curber’s playground or cheergirl’s gym.

Don’t worry about our business as we are very solid.
We just hate intended criticism for dealer’s business in this forum.

Last edited by jfarsang on Mon Feb 20, 2012 23:51; edited 1 time in total
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gawd throw him off not a nice trader it seems to me but i bet some members love him we have had similar things with traders selling stuff and talking rollox but they are thrown off double quick by the mods before it gets to the stage you are at but it seems there is the problem of him paying for advertising so i don't know how far you would get.
We still have guys who sell their stuff but they toe the line and don't push it its there if you want it same as guys who do seals etc for a living its word of mouth and they are there giving out advice freely with anything they can.
Bazza
ps Apart from a drunken indian everyone was nice when i went on me hols to BC :D

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
Diver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's quite a thread (sounds like a leaky waterpump to me too  Laughing )
I don't think we even have any dealer/trader sponsors on this site? I've certainly never seen a post from any.....
jfarsang

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's come to 'this' point almost every few weeks for the past year.  Members have left because of this already.

Spoke with admins on other forums I frequent (non-Delica) and they are shocked that this type of language and harsh communication is being exchanged between a dealer/vendor and a regular-joe member.
Diver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the official position of your Admin/Mods on the issue? Won't be much of a forum if all the normal members leave (to make a break-away forum without such 'sponsors'?)
jfarsang

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

no official position  Question
Diver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like they need to get one. So no response to complaints to Admin/Mods/Domain owner?
jfarsang

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

just that they would speak with the dealer. it appears that didn't phase the dealer.

Because there hasn't been any group chats or resolutions, we were advised by other forum admin/mods to look for a solution outside of the box without mentioning names/forum,etc..

This way a general discussion can be had and maybe a good solution would present itself. That's what we're hoping for.
Diver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me it has to come down to Admin. No need for an outside the box resolution surely? If someone on a forum is upsetting everyone, they get a warning followed by a ban if the warning is ignored. I thought that's how they all worked? Bit more complicated if it's someone paying money to be there I guess, but that shouldn't give them a free hand to the detriment of everyone else. If a forum becomes unusable and members don't take part anymore, not much incentive to sponsor after all.
Was a thread about it all started over there?   Twisted Evil
jfarsang

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purposely did not link a site/forum and omitted the names just to have a general discussion.  I see no good or benefit if I were to post the dealer member or their aggressiveness.

We were wondering if you guys experienced this sort of things before from a paying dealer/member(site sponsor) as they appear to be under different rules than normal non-paying members.

This issue has been ongoing for over a year on an almost weekly basis. The frustration is voiced through many members so it's not just one person is bothered off with a bad experience with that specific dealer.
Diver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, just been over having a read. Mental. Like I said, i've never seen a post from a dealer/supplier sponsor anywhere on here so something is very different with the way this one is run. Perhaps one of the mods on here might explain if that's the case?
jfarsang

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys. Cheers
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diver wrote:
i've never seen a post from a dealer/supplier sponsor anywhere on here so something is very different with the way this one is run. Perhaps one of the mods on here might explain if that's the case?

On this website the members have priority the website is a club for them and not for dealers to exclusively promote their goods and services on.  Only advertising is offered at a modest fee, to help pay for the website. The majority of the costs are paid for by Simon the website owner, who incidentally Doesn't have a Deli and is not involved in the car trade  :D .

Every single message posted has a 'report' button, to draw the Mods attention to spammers, problems or abuse.

Note that there is a section on here where members can freely give 'non abusive' feedback - good or bad - on dealers.
See:- Links / Feedback.

There have been problems with both dealers and members, which is why we have the rules, that have evolved, to keep the club neutral. One particular dealer was not sponsoring the website or even a lifetime member, but using it to promote his products.  After some differences of opinion between him and admin he was blocked from getting access to the website. The dealer is also blocked from another Delica website in another country.  

Offensive posts are removed on sight and the person posting them is given warnings, failure to use common sense results in a website ban, which will not be reverted. Any links posted to their website are also removed when spotted.

Posts like those you have experienced in Canada would see the entire thread moved from view to the moderators section for discussion by the Mods and Admin, where it would be resolved (Mods are the wedge and Admin is the hammer).

Once a thread is moved to that section only the club Admin can edit, move or delete it. Once the situation is resolved the thread would be edited with the off topic bickering removed and moved back into view for continuation of the on-topic chat.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Deker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diver wrote:

Posts like those you have experienced in Canada would see the entire thread moved from view to the moderators section for discussion by the Mods and Admin, where it would be resolved (Mods are the wedge and Admin is the hammer).

Once a thread is moved to that section only the club Admin can edit, move or delete it. Once the situation is resolved the thread would be edited with the off topic bickering removed and moved back into view for continuation of the on-topic chat.

HTH

That looks like it would use/waste a lot of your time - - - - For nowt  Sad

Something you could without.

Deker
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Mods also have a problem with sorting out errors made by members who post messages incorrectly that make it look as though a different person has said something instead of the person who actually wrote it.

The above post by Deker is a prime example of that problem.  Rolling Eyes  :?

ルイス
jfarsang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Pretty much reinforced the consensus on other forums as well.

People argue and some exchanges get heated but when a dealer or vendor does it on a consistent basis without any regard for other members, it becomes quite the thorn.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: