Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Salisbury Meet, 27-29th May 2011

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ange

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a great time. Set off for Sainsburys in Salisbury n was gone for quite a long time. Lol. By the time i found Sainsburys i knew Salisbury town centre n one way street as though ilived there....one of my many navigational fiascos ha ha.  Got into 'homing pigeon' mode for coming back n straight to the campsite without the aid of Tomas Tomton :-) Doing well so far cos not disturbed the whole campsite with my snoring :-) :-) x
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 19:21    Post subject: SALISBURY CHAT....CHAT ONLY Part 2 Reply with quote

Well. We have had a couple of people turn up that have been allowed on site.
We had the soft off rd trip today so those turning up tomorrow if they want to off road it will be more serious.
Cheers in advance..

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
wibbs

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey y'all sorry i never made it all was going to plan..Got into the Valleys of Wales Thursday Night stayed Friday was having a real nice time said all my good bye's and i was all set to go early..Then we had a rudely awaken by some Knob breaking into my friends house

I was a sleep on the settee when this guy fell out of the window on my head and started to beat the s*** out of my lady friend so i jumped up and restrained him with a bit of hurt and pain then ran after him down the street with a carving knife to scare him off... We called the police then a manhunt began..

I could not leave Wales until he was captured and i knew my friend was safe then i spent the day worrying that i may get arrested for being to forceful restraining him the police turned up for my witness statement.... He is now in jail awaiting trial so a good result in the end...

Hope you all had a nice time Laughing
chrisreah

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was good fun down at the campsite and nice for once to get home the Deli after a salisbury meet without a list of repairs to do Smile
Ange

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

A huge thank you to everyone who came and made the weekend the great time that it was...Smile

The campsite was lovely, and we have been invited back again as the owners of the campsite said that we were a really nice crowd ...Smile  Smile

I arrived on Thursday to check out what the site was like and how much room we had...and found lovely veiws from the campsite....

Friday, after my jaunt to Salisbury Buz arrived, and being the only one there being talked at, lay on the grass and played possum for a while....SmileSmile

Others soon followed and we had quite a nice area to ourselves...

Saturday we did the gentle lanes....where I tried to turn Buz's van over and where I hit the wing with a twig.  Buz did say it was a tree but I feel that it was indeed just a twig...SmileSmile

I tried the twig thing again with Jay's van and a different twig but fortunatly misjudged it and missed the twig which was perhaps a good thing as the twig would have taken Jay's side window out...SmileSmile

Sunday we went out somewhere...

And somewhere else...

And then we went into what might be side ripper.....and this is Chris but he wasn't upside down and neither were we...lol...Smile

Then onto a dried up Disco Duck where although Disco was dry there was a bit of mud.  And as Weasol will eventually have to clean the mud off his van, here is a lasting tribute to it...Smile

Chris got a bit dirtier....Smile

And Buz's got dirtier still....and you might notice a bit of mud I got on there as I drove though the mud patch...SmileSmileSmile

Saturday night was Milo's birthday party, and Mrs Jay had very kindly made Milo a birthday cake....Smile

Milo got pressies to....a huge thanks to Ian and Carol...Soulman....Deker and the other cakes from Fi and Barry...SmileSmile

Great weekend, lovely to meet everyone and I'll do another meet down there next year...SmileSmile

Ang x

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

wibbs wrote:
Hey y'all sorry i never made it all was going to plan..Got into the Valleys of Wales Thursday Night stayed Friday was having a real nice time said all my good bye's and i was all set to go early..Then we had a rudely awaken by some Knob breaking into my friends house

I was a sleep on the settee when this guy fell out of the window on my head and started to beat the s*** out of my lady friend so i jumped up and restrained him with a bit of hurt and pain then ran after him down the street with a carving knife to scare him off... We called the police then a manhunt began..

I could not leave Wales until he was captured and i knew my friend was safe then i spent the day worrying that i may get arrested for being to forceful restraining him the police turned up for my witness statement.... He is now in jail awaiting trial so a good result in the end...

Hope you all had a nice time Laughing

Oh goodness Daz....hope you are both okay....

Ang x

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ange for a super week end weather not to bad and the company was great, did some super lanes as always rough and smooth, but I still
managed to reform my sump gaurd and that was the up rated one Crying or Very sad . Have now got matching sides from side ripper, any thing you see or
watch on here really does not do it justice. Well done Bazza & Buz for the lanes.
Great to meet the faces behind the names and can't wait for the next meet.
Thanks Ange again for a great meet. :D  :D  :D  :D
Ange

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I knew there was something I had forgotten.... Rolling Eyes

Thanks ever so much Baz and Buz for the planning of the lanes....couldn't have done the meet without you both...Smile

Ang x
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed meself nice site and nice company typical Deli meet weather though rain and a teasy bit of sun. :D Thanks to Ange for whining(correct spelling) Wink and dining me and Buz with brekkie and a barbie and thanks to Buz for the splendiferous fish and chips last night.The lanes were mostly rock hard with the others harder but fun was had by all with honours to beat and oborr for going out in their shiny LWB and gleaming series 2 respectivley then smiling at the scratches.
Shame i left my camera behind the iphone ones i took are rubbish it was an honour to meet new faces and some old ones as well.
Bazza
ps good to see the bus is running again Phil. :D
pps Daz hope that you get that nasty business sorted good job you were there just by fate. Shocked
ppps Jay we must have those ears off. Wink
pppps Weasol we compared and yours is the biggest. 8-)
ppppps chris you still retired early the meet finished Monday not Sunday. Razz

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
obborr

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to ange for the meet and a good campsite, and buz and baz for the lanes. it was great to meet all of you and put faces to names on here
me joe and the Deli enjoyed the lanes very much and thank buz an baz for the consideration shown to me for my Deli in the lanes.
i have now washed the bus down ( shouldn't of done that as i now can see the scratches  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked ) and a well reshaped sump guard  Laughing  
I have been out and bought some T-cut for joe to start scratch removal for the next time.
we both look forward to the next meet and in a few months i may go to the plains again.
thanks to all.

paul

P.S if salisbury is missing any mud its at the bottom of my mum's drive Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

obborr wrote:

I have been out and bought some T-cut for joe to start scratch removal for the next time.
we both look forward to the next meet and in a few months i may go to the plains again.

Paul...Ian was telling me this morning how good the JML scratch remover is.....this stuff...

http://www.jmldirect.com/Mantis%C2%AE-Scratch-Remover-PM4203/

He says it's got his scratches off.....Smile

Ang x
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't see the scratches on mine.
Bazza :D

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
obborr

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will try that if the T cut don't work thanks ange.
then after those 2 if that don't work i will try the baz & buz look  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baz....you can't see them on the passenger side....and it's just as well Soulman had the window closed....lol...SmileSmile

I'll leave young Buz to describe our mud encounter....SmileSmile

Ang x

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right ange it was a good job soulman did have the window closed, we just saw that before we we left Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good Ange Iv made a lasting impression and a large footprint in a small Valley town in Wales and changed a famillys life by putting down and putting away in jail a wife beater/Child abuser  Laughing  Laughing
After all that i was still miffed about missing the meet...If i cost you any money Ange ill post it down to you so your not being out of pocket Wink

Last edited by wibbs on Mon May 30, 2011 18:34; edited 1 time in total
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 18:33    Post subject: Salisbury Chat Thread Closed Early Reply with quote

Ange wrote:

I'll leave young Buz to describe our mud encounter....SmileSmile
Ang x

Err,wet and cold, oh and ALWAYS close your sunroof before driving thru any mud  Embarassed

A special thank's to Ange for sorting this weekend out,
Thank you to those that turned up, It was great to meet new people and abuse, err  Embarassed , let them try some Off Roading, you all did very well, and impressed me  Wink  ..

Ange managed to bend my wing in on a tree  Rolling Eyes  but it matched the dent i made on Sunday  Embarassed

Thank's Bazza for taking the easier lane while i tried to kill chrisreah's Delica and rip jay.g's ears off  Evil or Very Mad . Better luck next time  Laughing

The kid's were well behaved, (except chrisreah  Wink ) and i hope Charlie was okay when he got back..

Oh,and i don't know what i hit, but don't fit rock sliders to normal step mounts and use them, one of mine fell off on the way back  Rolling Eyes

Well, you know were we play now, and Joe, a little bit more elbow grease please, i can still see some mark's  Laughing . Don't forget, i have you a tape  Twisted Evil

One dent at a time...
Ange

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was definatly a twig....Smile

And the results of the research I did into L400 gears noises.....if one goes from 2nd to reverse at a crawl it won't make as much noise as if one goes from 2nd to reverse at 30 - 35 MPH.... Embarassed

In my defence I was holding the gearstick as I hold Milo's column change.....and ones mind does tend to wander as one gets older.....Smile

I'm used to shove n thrust with Milo's stick....and it's not really my fault that the 400 has a design fault...so that the shove n thrust ends up in reverse when it shouldn't be...SmileSmile

But thanks to Soulman I have thought of a way to hold the column change on an auto Deli differently to the column change on manual Milo...SmileSmile  That is of course if I ever get to drive another Deli.....tongue3

Ang x
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ange wrote:
I'm used to shove n thrust with Milo's stick
Ang x

Shocked  Shocked

Ange, you did very well, i was quite impressed the way you drove the mud,  Embarassed  until you started going up sideways  Shocked  but you soon altered that, and made it easy  notworthy

One dent at a time...
chrisreah

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 19:00    Post subject: Re: Salisbury Chat Thread Closed Early Reply with quote

buzr6mille wrote:

Thank's Bazza for taking the easier lane while i tried to kill chrisreah's Delica and rip jay.g's ears off  Evil or Very Mad . Better luck next time  Laughing

The kid's were well behaved, (except chrisreah  Wink ) and i hope Charlie was okay when he got back..

Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

Still don't reckon they are "ears", theres two of them with something phallic inbetween.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: