4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Jap parts limited - heads up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kadiebiz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 21:59    Post subject: Jap parts limited - heads up! Reply with quote

Hi everyone, new to this site, fraid first post is negative one! Just had my fingers burnt by company called "Jap Parts limited" in Birmingham!!!! Also known as "Midland Jap parts", "Easy Jap Parts" "Jap Parts UK Ltd" or whatever else they decide to call themselves at the time! Ordered door window motor and part was damaged beyond repair, I signed for it cos packaging was in tact!Mechanic discovered damage when he  opened it up. Phoned them straight back and suprise suprise they are trying to blame me, now refusing a refund. Some bloke calling himself Mohammed working for Japs parts basically said there was nowt i could do about it! Over the phone of course!!!  Trading standards are involved but a case of "Don't hold your breathe" cos this company haven't filed any company accounts.  Anybody heard of them? and does anyone know a reputable part supplier for Delica parts?  Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by kadiebiz on Thu Nov 18, 2010 19:02; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 21:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club and thanks for the heads up on the breakers.
Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
Philster_d

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an address?

I think it might be the same company as here....

http://www.danfreakley.co.uk/blog/naughty-easy-jap-parts-ltd/

Quite a few similar complaints here

http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_id/3136/companyname/Easy-Jap-Parts-Ltd.html

Looking around I saw the same address listed as Midland Jap parts ltd and I think Used Jap Parts ltd.

Either way lots of complaints about both so watch out guys.

Good luck.

Phil
stryder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad to hear that..

As for parts suppliers, very reliable and not bad on price is :

http://www.milneroffroad.com/Default.asp?c=172210

If your after second hand or used then that good old auction site isn't to bad as there are always delis being broken for parts, but be carefull not to pay over the top money for things.

Also there are a good few on here who break delis, so a post in the wanted section should get some results..

From posts i read on here, if you have a problem then post it up, a solutions usually comes around the corner often with offers from other members if they have the part in there shed or garage..
chrisreah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally have used people breaking vehicles (for my Deli and other cars I have had) on ebay for a number of years now - with great success. Many like to trade outside of ebay and paypal, which always makes me nervous, if you are going to do that then either collect the parts off them or at least check out their feedback first.
kadiebiz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 13:52    Post subject: Midland JaP Parts Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice guys and yes it is the same address as Easy Jap Parts/ Midland Jap parts/ and Jap pats limited/ sounds like these boys are well at it!  I'm on to trading standards about them but I'll keep bringing it up in the chat  to warn others about them.  I did make the comment to "Mohahmmed" or so he called himself, that he wouldn't be talking to me like dirt if I was stood in front of him, maybe that didn't help lol  Wish I'd researched them now, its the old hinesight being a wonderful thing issue. I've used Milner off road before for a few parts and they've been brilliant but missing things like rear wiper nozzles, you know, the small bits and pieces, but thanks very much for all the tips, its useful stuff  :D
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy Jap Parts has been mentioned before on here.  Evil or Very Mad

See these posts:-

http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9539

http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7587

http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6876

http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1069

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
kadiebiz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...wish I found this forum before now! Coulda saved myself a lot of time and expense, just been called by trading standards to be told this company is overdue filing its company accounts which definatley means I won't be holding my breathe till my refund arrives now.
chrisreah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you didn't get burned too much.

Also if it resulted in you looking for and finding the forum you could find yourself saving bakc the money many times over with the advice available from the various members here.
kadiebiz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not huge amount of money,  but when I see what these people are doing loosely disguised as a business it really gets my goat, without wanting to seem like i'm on a crusade, I'm gonna push this forward though cos whatever way you look at it, its theft! and its not right that their still able to take folks money and wrap themselves up under the cloak of a limited company.  Your spot on though and am very pleased i eventually found the forum,  theres some really good stuff in here, thanks again  :D
Philster_d

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhapse you can edit your initial post to include the various trading names so that others might see it and avoid them as well.

Phil
kadiebiz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay have done that Phil, I suppose i should get onto the other business at hand and thats to track down the replacement part for the one I was supposed to have received from the Shizeters! Its a drivers side Window motor Drive mechanism, for an N reg Delica 2800, intercooler turbo diesel.  Millners don't do them so if anybody does know of someone that does, would be very much appreciated.  Don't mind used cos they can't all be at it! Smile
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put a wanted post in the wanted section as that will be easier for members to find.  Rolling Eyes

There are one or two members on here selling parts from their old Deli's, having replaced them with newer ones, after accidents etc.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
kadiebiz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks v much lewis will do  Smile that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: