4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Webasto, Eberspacher air heater

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 21:32    Post subject: Webasto, Eberspacher air heater Reply with quote

I am going to buy heater for our Deli. I am not sure which one yet/ Webasto air top 2000 or Eberspacher D2/, but I was wondering, if I can connect it to existing heating system?
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 21:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a separate standalone unit if its anything like the truck ones but i spose you could plumb it in to the existing heater pipework to spread the heat about but they are toastie hot on there own just pumping it out from one outlet.
Bazza :D

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
steve b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends, most night heater sytems are warm air only, although i did work on some mercedes trucks that had night heaters that were plumbed into the coolant system..... also the 12v systems can be very expensive, the D2 is also an oldish model, i think the Ebersparchers are now at the D5 model, i may be wrong, If you do buy a second hand unit make sure you get the pump, control unit, night heater unit and "thermo static control unit AND all of the loom !!!! and if possible try and hear it running..... hth  Wink
kamil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want just air heater to warm us, when we camp during the winter. I can have new one for good price, so I was just wonder if pipe system can cope with such heat.
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

The units do get very hot but not too hot to melt pipes it is only hot air but i would not bother linking it as the Deli will be warm enough as an ex truckie i used to find it would dehydrate me in the cab so i reckon you should fit it and leave it.
Bazza :D

steve b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Baz  Wink
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid to hete to agree with Baz but I'd just fit it and use it without using the Delica heater system. Plenty hot enough, I usually leave my window's part open or the truck either steam up or I deliberate. The heat coming out will melt plastic bottles and jug's.

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
kamil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice. I will just fit it without using Delica heater system. Thanks again.
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

And i would buy one that you turn on and off with a switch, not like in most truck's that can only be used for upto 9 hrs then turn themselves off as i wake up at night and most morning's and it's turned itself off Evil or Very Mad

One dent at a time...
kamil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I did not know it.

I am thinking to buy this one http://www.webasto-outdoors.com/heating/air-top/air-top-2000-st.html or this one http://www.mellorautoelectrical.co.uk/shop.php?action=full&id=9

I have to also think about how it will work in high altitude.
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could save some cash by buying one of these catalytic heaters. This one cost about £27 from a camping shop. At night I switch it over from the cooking unit and it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to have the inside of the Deli roasting.  

If you want a midnight cuppa either have a brew ready,, in a flask or simply swap it back to the cooker unit, whilst its boiling the kettle it's still keeping the Deli warm.  

Then switch back to the heater and use it for toasting some bread to go with the midnight cuppa! Wink :-

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both look okay, the Webasto has an automatic altitude adjustment, or can be brought on the control, seem a simple on off switch and heater control, but maybe best to ask before you buy..

One dent at a time...
Deker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info please Lewis.

Qs
1) If you have all four rear seats down for two beds, where do you put the heater

2) Would these units be safe to use inside a tent regarding fire risk. Apart from the obvious about not falling over

3) Do they burn much oxygen from the interior of vehicle/tent.
How much ventilation needed in terms of windows open in Delica.

4) is it a Camping Gaz model. Never seen one like that.

Deker
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deker wrote:
More info please Lewis.

That you will have to decide for your self as I am not an expert on camping fires.

1. I don't have the for rear seats in my Deli

2. I have used it in a tent with no problem, but it's probably a bigger one than yours!

3. I don't know how to measure how much oxygen they use. However carbon monoxide is heavy and there are sufficient places for it to drop down to and escape from the interior of the van through. I just leave the rear windows open on each side when it is on and its not on when I am asleep, then the windows are shut!

It's a Sunngas parabolic heater and used on a Camping Gas 907 cylinder. Mine is a 2Kw one though they also do a smaller 1Kw one.  They can be used with smaller disposable gas cartridges. However I don't feel they are safe as they could tip over.  The big 907 cyclinder is heavy enough to prevent that.

See:- http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/acatalog/SunnGas_Parabolic_Heater_-_Cartridge.html

And:- http://www.camping-online.co.uk/camping-stoves-and-equipment/camping-heaters/sunngas-parabolic-heater-1kw.html

Mine = http://www.foot-steps.uk.com/product/7101622/32/

There now you know as much about them as I do!  Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all camping heaters/gas heaters have to have an Oxygen sensor which shuts them off if the level gets too low.
I know the heater I have for camping does.
If you want one that you can leave on I would go for the fitted Webasto or Eberspacher in the van or a small free standing heater for the tent.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to the Webasto & Eberspacher, can either of these units be mounted outside (under the vehicle) or are they strictly internal mount? I have always liked the idea of getting one but don't want to use up any interior space. I'm willing to fit one into a sealed or carefully ventilated box if this is possible? Just don't want the unit itself in the cab/rear.

Obviously this would mean running the heater pipe into the interior - not a problem....I just don't want one inside if I am going to get one.

Thanks,

Bruce.

unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

They normally live under the bunk but if you make a little box for it to keep it dry why not.
Bazza

kamil

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystery Machine wrote:
Going back to the Webasto & Eberspacher, can either of these units be mounted outside (under the vehicle) or are they strictly internal mount? I have always liked the idea of getting one but don't want to use up any interior space. I'm willing to fit one into a sealed or carefully ventilated box if this is possible? Just don't want the unit itself in the cab/rear.

Obviously this would mean running the heater pipe into the interior - not a problem....I just don't want one inside if I am going to get one.

Thanks,

Bruce.

Back in Czech people have them underneath the vehicle and they do hard offroad and do not have any problems.Some of them mount them behind dashboard, in to diferent pockets,....
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking back to motorhomes you could of course fit a 12V operated blown air heater, that works on propane, butane or even a gamping gaz cylinder, like the Propex system.

They can be mounted either internally or externally.  There is also sufficient space under a Deli to fit an external gas Gas tank,

See:- http://www.propexheatsource.co.uk/air-heaters.php

HTH

ルイス
suttysutty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 20:33    Post subject: cab heater Reply with quote

i used to run an erber unit in a lwb van nice and toastie, :D  however there is a lot think about before installation . predominatly they come from trucks 24volts so no good  Mad ,they can be got in 12 v good. :D  they are power draining little buggers so youll need another battery get the leisure type and a split charging system. its also best to get a new alternator with a higher power output as running the vehicle tends to use most of the power and youll have not put enough charge back into the battery under normal driving conditions to use night after night. then there is plumbing the unit in ,ie drilling the diesel tank and installation of the exhaust!! .
I'm not sure if this falls under some oftec regulation :?  ( heating oils installation in caravans mobile homes etc.. ) best to check as you don't want to wake up dead!!
all round its not cheap.. i was lucky as i had my van off my dad and he paid and had all the mither . :D  :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: