4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Confused about what to do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 14:17    Post subject: Confused about what to do? Reply with quote

I need to know exactly what I need to modify on my vehicle in order for it to pass the SVA test. I'm intending to do the prep myself and take it for an SVA locally.

It's a 1995 so does not need a Model Report.

I'm confused on a number of things:

1) How does the SVA test centre know what would be original factory standards. i.e. Suspension; mines raised a bit, how would they know? Can't I just leave it?

2) Where can I get a list of everything that is checked?

More questions to follow...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 14:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

petemillis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you give me your email address I can email you the pdf of the SVA test manual. It is on my website but currently not accessible due to the site being rebuilt and moving servers.
The SVA examiners aren't stupid (ignorant and a pain in the arse but not stupid) and they have details of all the standard specs for the vehicles they test. Even the wheel/tyre cobination overall diameter has to be as standard, and the tyres have to be the standard size as described on the sticker in the door shut. Exhausts - again standard, and it's not hard for the exmainer to tell the difference between a stainless after market one and a standard spec one.
Also, wiring - all wiring for rear foglight has to be cable tied every few inches to the main loom (yes they do check). Any front foglights have to be removed along with all the associated wiring - which includes wiring from the in-cabin switch, through the bulkhead and to the under-bonnet controller.
The brake balance will also need adjusting to UK specs.

The only way out of a lot of this is to go the camper conversion route. But this loophole is being closed. Also, bear in mind that some of the SVA requirements are there for a reason - like brake balance. If you circumvent this by going a camper conversion route, you'll then be driving around in a vehicle with front/rear brake balance that doesn't meet UK specs. Not sure yet of any insurance claims that have been affected by this but there was a thread discussing insurance issues a while back.
Gary.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete - thanks again for the excellent advice. I called a chap you reccomended in Bournmouth and he is going to do the lot for £500, inc test fee, light fittings/removal and speedo change. So for convinence I'm going to use him. I spoke to someone else about the camper thing but was not keen on having the vehicle modified for a test, also it seems rather dodgy.

The only bind is that it takes a couple of weeks, though hopefully he will do an MOT and it will be registered just a couple of days after.

Please email me the manual, my email address is [url]gary@silentstreet.co.uk[/url]

Many thanks

Gary
jerryfb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,

PM your email address rather than put it on a searchable page as these pages can get spidered by spammers and you'll get inundated with various opportunities to improve your sex life.
Gary.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had no probelms in the past. Cheers

Gary
petemillis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary - email sent.
StuartL

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

petemillis wrote:
If you give me your email address I can email you the pdf of the SVA test manual.

Can you drop me a PM with your contact details? I'd be very interested in the PDF copy too. Currently thinking about importing/buying a Delica and it'd be very useful.

I'll probably put a full post up when I've decided what I need to ask Smile
kaftaf

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this vehicle is over 10 years old does it still need a SVA test? Kevin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: