4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Rear Suspension Upper Control Arm Bushes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy W

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:58    Post subject: Rear Suspension Upper Control Arm Bushes Reply with quote

I have found one bush on the upper control arm to be splitting, so decided to change them all so the jobs done - easy I thought, but not really as the front and back have two different part numbers and one is twice the price of the other.  However, they look the same, measure the same and as far as I can see are the same.

The MAB-092 OE Number is - MB951808
      MAB-093 OE Number is - MR210479

The dimensions from one website for the MAB-092 are OD - 61mm, ID 16mm
                                                         MAB-093       OD- 61.1mm  ID 17mm

Mine as far as I can tell are 61mm - old bushes I can't measure 0.1mm on them, and 16.8mm, all four being the same.

I can see no logical reason for them to be different and to be honest refitting the control arm is 50/50 as to which way it would be installed anyway; the bolts are 16mm dia and the same bolts through are used for front and rear bushes so I am thinking to go ahead and purchase 4 of the (more expensive) MAB-093 bushes.

Has anyone been through this or any thoughts?

Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one size of bush for both ends of the control arm.

MB951808 Is the old part number, which has been replaced by MR210479.

when refitting the new ones note that on one side of the rubber there is a small protrusion. The bush should be fitted with that on the inner side, facing the opposite bush.

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Andy W

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, so my logic holds true!  Wonder why the drawing shows different bushes each end?

Andy
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

The diagram only shows one bush at one end. Item MAB-092

The item MAB-093 is the control arm.

The number 0425-PD8WR (their code) indicates that it is the Right side control arm for the PD8W models, as that is the chassis model they looked up.

Though the control arm is used on all the L400 variants using trailing arms (some have leaf springs).

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: