4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 possible EGR problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 19:02    Post subject: L400 possible EGR problems Reply with quote

A first post for me and in hope that someone out there can help!  I have one of those really irritating intermittent problems.  When it happens the engine management light comes on with the consequential loss of power and black smoke on accelleration.  I have discussed with various mechanical types I trust and the advice varies from EGR valve to a failing sensor.  There is some evidence of an mild oil leak on the engine.  Eventually I found someone with the facilities to plug in to the engine management system but it seems there is a disconnected or broken wire somewhere as the signal goes to the engine but does not return.  Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the engine management system?  Finally I was advised that if I blank off the EGR valve it will not then pass the MOT and is now illegal to do so - this one I find hard to believe but could it possibly be due to altered emissions?

Thanks for reading this, I just hope you can help as we had to cancel our holiday as we couldn't tow the caravan, alas too late for that now but still not able to go anywhere more than very locally, a real pain as we live in a very rural area.

Cath
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 19:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can blank off the EGR, or even remove it. It does not affect the MOT doing so!

This post may be of use:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15394

The diagnostic MUTT will not function with the Deli. Even Mitsu dealers are unable to use it as Mitsu will not allow them to have the required software in this country, due to it being a grey import.

However there is a way to read the fault codes by using the vehicle dashboard A/T warning light and a bit of wire with a crocodile clip on one end. The gearbox computer stores errors so you don't have to do this at the time of the problem. Its memory is reset by disconnecting the battery, which will also have the additional affect of returning the gear changing back to its default setting until it adjusts to your method of driving.

To get the error codes do the following

- Turn off the engine and remove the key from the ignition
- Connect pin 1 to the metal chassis, with a length of wire
- Start the engine as usual
- The dash will light up as usual and the warning lights will all go off
- After going out like a normal start the A/T light will begin a sequence of flashing on and off (error codes)
- A long flashes indicates 10's. Short flashes indicates 1. (So for an error code of 11 you get one long and one short flash)
- It may give more than one error code, these are separated by a short pause, otherwise it will just keep cycling through and repeat the codes again.

DTC                          Probable Cause
11  ........................  Defective TP Sensor Or TP Sensor Circuit
15  ........................  Open Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit
16  ........................  Short Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit
21  ........................  Short Ignition Signal Circuit
22  ........................  Open Ignition Signal Circuit
23  ........................  Open Signal Line (ECT) From ECM To TCM
24  ........................  Short Signal Line (ECT) From ECM To TCM
29  ........................  Short Neutral Safety Switch Circuit
30  ........................  Open Neutral Safety Switch Circuit
31  ........................  Open No. 2 Speed Sensor Circuit
32  ........................  Open No. 1 Speed Sensor Circuit
41  ........................  Open Solenoid No. 1 Circuit
42  ........................  Short Solenoid No. 1 Circuit
43  ........................  Open Solenoid No. 2 Circuit
44  ........................  Short Solenoid No. 2 Circuit
47  ........................  Open Lock-Up Solenoid Circuit
48  ........................  Short Lock-up Solenoid Circuit
49  ........................  (2) Torque Converter Clutch Engagement Malfunction
50  ........................  (2) Torque Converter Clutch Disengagement Malfunction
51  ........................  1st Gear Ratio Signal Incorrect
52  ........................  2nd Gear Ratio Signal Incorrect
53  ........................  3rd Gear Ratio Signal Incorrect
54  ........................  4th Gear Ratio Signal Incorrect

Its quite probable that you will get code 11, the Mitsubishi engineer said this was normal in almost every vehicle tested and not to worry about it.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Delica L400 Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: