Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Club funds ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Common room ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 19:08    Post subject: Club funds ... Reply with quote

If you've got this far, then you'll know that the Delica Owners Club is completely free to join!

What you may or may not know is that it does cost quite a lot to keep the services here (and for the other Yellow Diamond Clubs) running.

Until recently, I've funded this with a combination of money from my own business and from commissions from deals with insurance companies ... but things are quite difficult now, in particular with regards to lack of opportunities in my 'day job' leaving me desperately short of funds.

Now - I am determined to keep the Club(s) free to join, and I'm not about to ask you to 'dip in your pocket' to help out - times are hard for all of us however, there is a way you CAN help and it won't cost you a single penny!  All I need is 10 to 15 minutes of your time!

I have set up a new insurance comparison site - a FREE service that looks for a range of insurance quotes, from a variety of brokers / insurers, for all sorts of services, including motor insurance, home and contents insurance, breakdown cover, life insurance, travel insurance, pet insurance and more!

So - what's the catch?

There isn't one - you simply use the service to generate quotes for one or more products - each product/quote combination takes you a few minutes and, for each product you purchase, the Club gets a contribution towards running costs!

What next?

Click the logo / link below!

Thank You! thumbright

Simon notworthy

'Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club'™ and MDOCUK™ are trademarks of this club ;)

All contents of this website and the Club forums are © 2001 MDOCUK™

Last edited by mdocuk on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:45; edited 1 time in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 19:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

swizZer
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Stacksteads (near Bacup), Lancashire (where the sun never shines and the rain always rains)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance not due yet but done it anyway (just for you Wink )
Duxy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insurance due august so will do it next week.
Keefe
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got quoted. Smile
John64
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got My Quote  :?

http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32505&highlight=
                  "CELER ET AUDAX"
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my quote, £249.15 fully comp, only £437 with no no claim's Shocked , look's like a 2nd Deli may soon be on the road.. Was quoted over £400 by Direct Line with 9yrs no claims.. Did my bike as well, could have saved over £50 Evil or Very Mad

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
Fostlongstrider
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I had this when I insured my UK ride,all a lot cheaper.

All the best from the East Riding of Yorkshire.
'93 L300 Super Exceed  Corse Gray over Grace Silver.Auto.

Flying Brick Supporter.
Gaz7114

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just done this for the Deli and one company quoted £7500 ha what a joke Smile
grasshole (RIP)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridiculous  Shocked
Gaz7114

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure is as been as I am paying just over £400 fully comp now with 10 years no claims cheapest was £856 from there quotes. Rolling Eyes
BrianB72
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately we tried this site to. Nothing as shocking as some of the prices quoted so far but a considerable difference to that quoted by our current insurer.
Tesco have insured our bus but I'm wary that they don't really know what they've agreed to cover.
BrianB72
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just felt that maybe some balance may be needed to some of the comments.

In order to keep the club free for us all Quoteseek has been added to help.

For years as a young driver I've had modified cars, started of with a mk1 astra that ended up as a 2.0 GTE. A cosworth powered capri and all sorts.
At first I went with the the cheapest quote, I provided all of the paper work to show the mods had been done properly and the company issued the policy, I then had a minor bump. The assessor came out started going over the car and almost immediately when he saw the big wheels and massive brake discs he stopped and said "this cars been modified!" "yup told the insurance company and they were happy".
He went away and a few days later I got a letter saying that my insurance was not valid and therefore I was not insured so therefore would not be fixing the car.
The long and short of it was a visit from the local force to try and arrest me for Driving with no insurance and a lengthy but successful court case against the insurance company which resulted in both cars being fixed!

After that I searched around for my insurance and ended up with Adrian Flux who paid out within a matter of moments, on my first claim (this time not my fault some old bird drove into the side of me as I was going across a roundabout) assessor came out  commented on what a  cracking job I'd done on the car and said don't worry it'll be in the garage by the end of the week.
they even stuck by me when I got done for stupidly drink driving, I had a MG ZT and the insurance only went up by a couple of hundred quid ( I DO NOT CONDONE DRINK DRIVING IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM).

so Quote seek my return some fantasy figures for insurance but when you scratch away at the prices, maybe not the £3k, £4k prices, this could make the difference between your beloved Deli being scrapped in a flutter of an eyelid, or an insurance company that will actually get your pride and joy fixed.

and my understanding of using quote seek was that you didn't necessarily have to take the quotes given it just means this great club remains free!!

If I'm wrong I'll gladly hold my hands up!!
MaxGrip

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 14:04    Post subject: Re: Club funds ... Reply with quote

The way i read this, is that you have to purchase one of the products for it to benefit MDOCUK, is this right, I hope not, please confirm.

Max.

MDOCUK wrote:

I have set up a new insurance comparison site - a FREE service that looks for a range of insurance quotes, from a variety of brokers / insurers, for all sorts of services, including motor insurance, home and contents insurance, breakdown cover, life insurance, travel insurance, pet insurance and more!

So - what's the catch?

There isn't one - you simply use the service to generate quotes for one or more products - each product/quote combination takes you a few minutes and, for each product you purchase, the Club gets a contribution towards running costs!
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another way to help with funds is those that sell their Delica's should take off the Yellow Diamond's which would mean those that want one would either have to pay for one or join as a lifetime member..
Just an idea..

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Common room ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: