4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Duracell Bunny Memorial Meet. 29-31 May 2010

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duracell Bunnys Mrs

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we are here at matlock but its a dissapointing turn out as so many people put their names down to attend and Ange out of the goodness of her heart booked pitches for everyone and people have let her down.

If we put our names down for meets and decide not to attend we should let the organiser know so they don't incurr costs.

On a lighter note even though its rained we r having a fab time and the site is fantastic. Roger - duracell bunny would have loved it. Thanks for those who have attended or shown their faces so far

Kim
X
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 20:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

tubbiescooter

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

weather permitting i may pop over tomorrow to see you all
wibbs

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

tubbiescooter wrote:
weather permitting i may pop over tomorrow to see you all

cool...We are goin to be heading out to do a few green lanes in the afternoon..
Midnightwolf has a spot of finishing off to do in the morning.

Me and Graham have to have a decidin game of badminton if theres no wind aswell tomorrow..
so a fun filled day instore ... Laughing
polgster
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 18:05    Post subject: decider Reply with quote

The decider will have to wait till wales.

I'm sure Kim will be contending as well Smile

Last edited by polgster on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:17; edited 1 time in total
Ange

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely site....can't fault the facilities....there was even a sauna so you get what you pay for.  And the staff were very helpful...the toilets and showers were kept immaculate.

A thank you to the ones who came...good to see you there...SmileSmile

I've got some pics when I unload them from the phone....Smile

Ang x

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 23:07    Post subject: Re: decider Reply with quote

polgster wrote:
The decider will have to wait till wales.

I'm sure Kim will be condening as well Smile

you best get some practise then Mr i Play-once-aweek Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
If its windy we clear out the barn  Wink
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers all, had a great time, apart from the noise some of those people made around the camp Evil or Very Mad .. Good fun to watch the badminton, well, badminton from wibbs, more like skating from polgster Laughing , but not very refined hilarious .. Nice to meet some new people, glad you got your snorkel fitted midnite, now you've only got to try it out.. Sorry we didn't get to go out off road, stil, maybe for the best.. Hope to see you again soon.. duckie

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...

Last edited by buzr6mille on Mon May 31, 2010 2:00; edited 1 time in total
midnitewolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it was good to see you again to the people I have met before and nice to meet some new peeps  :D
I have to say an extra big "Thank you" to Buzz for the fuses for the C.B. then the long drive on Sunday to try and find a drill bit!! and all the help finally putting my snorkel!! Also thanks to everyone for their assistance with the aforementioned snorkel (that I have carried about for years not having the nerve to drill holes in my beasty!!
I also have to say a massive "thank you" to Kim duracell bunny Mrs, for giving me the confidence to get on with the job!! As well as giving me the spare room in her marquee!! And also of course Kristal, Lucy and Karina for not kicking me out for snoring!!!!  Laughing
Of course thanks to all for the usual hospiatality with cups of tea, use of electric for drilling big holes in the wing etc.
As always I had fun and sorry if I appeared preoccupied!!
I hope you are recovering from your artistic fall playing badminton at night on a wet field Kim!! (photo's to follow  Laughing )
This one was for you Mr Duracell Bunny. Once met, never forgotten. See you in the final everlasting Deli meet in the sky buddy!!
Duracell Bunnys Mrs

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was great to see you all.  Old and new faces.  

The weather wasn't perfect, but the site was fantastic (thanks to Ange for booking it) and the company was great.  

We had some laughs, well you lot more than me when I attempted to do the splits on Saturday night.  The kids are gutted that their mum can do the splits and they can't.

Sorry I didn't get chance to say goodbye to Benoit and family, but thanks for coming and it was lovely to meet you.

Kim
x
polgster
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:57    Post subject: Pics Reply with quote

Some pics:

The man in action (must remember to teach the missus how to use the camera)

The spectators looking in awe at my return of serve!

Abraham Heights Cable Car

Abraham Heights Cavern

Operation Snorkel

I'm amazed no one strangled this noisy bleeder

The caves at Druids Inn

Thanks for organising Ange.  Hope your back's better Kim.
See you all in Wales if not before.
Deker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:02    Post subject: Late - - - again Reply with quote

After a late start on Monday, decided to go to Barn Farm, Birchover on me bike.
Jeez, it was cold, got white fingers  Sad

Got to Barn Farm at 14:00 hrs. to find you lot gone  Exclamation
Just one Black over Silver Jasper owner, who was not a MDOCUK member.

Hopefully someone may arrange another meet between now and the August Bank Holiday meet at Daryn's.

Deker.
polgster
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must have just missed you, we were the last to leave around 2pm.
Ange

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I  got the impression everyone was leaving on Sunday, which to be quite honest, after the poor turnout hacked me off somewhat...so I packed up to leave.  The activites for the kids just didn't happen cos there were only Kim's 3 to compete against each other which wouldn't have been much good.  Ben's 2 were two young to be competing really.

Thanks to Polgster for the badminton match...Smile

It wasn't till polgster came back the I found that him and Sue were staying....but by then I'd packed and was ready to move.

Shame you missed us Dek.

There's Woodvale that I'm running on the 6th August...which I'm about to order the tickets for.

The next meet I do, if there is another one, will be one that I reserve pitches in the club name and then anyone who wants to go will have to ring the campsite and book and pay a deposit before their name goes on the list.

Ang x

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry we missed you Decker, but we left on the Sunday as I slipped and hurt my back whilst playing badminton and could hardly walk.

Anyway been to docs and hospital and I have chipped a bone in my back, torn ligaments and damaged muscles in my back and legs.   Crying or Very sad

As you can imagine I am in loads of pain and will definately not be playing badminton again.

Kim
x
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch.. Sorry to hear that Kym, it must have hurt like hell.. But it was funny to watch Embarassed sorry.. Thank's again Ange (have i said this before :? ?) I had a fun time,..watching the fitting Midnitewolfs snorkel.. |i don't blame you Ange, not really a very good turn out, those who said they were going and didn't could have at least let you know.. Glad i turned up, good to meet you, Midnitewolf and Benoit and family.. Bl$$dy peacock Evil or Very Mad

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
polgster
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah was funny, unfortunately the missus had the camera so we missed out on £250 from you've been framed Laughing

Kim, get well soon  Shocked
benoit
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all Smile  We had a great time, the kids enjoyed themselves and it was great meeting you all Laughing  I was expecting us to do something together on Sunday evening and was quite sad some of us had to leave early, for obvious good reasons of course. Maybe I should have taken you all to church that morning when i went 8-)

I think I am nice guy. What do you think?

1998 Delica Space Gear L400 24 Valve V6 Petrol
Ange

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay....pics downloaded and here they are....Smile

First I have to say that I was impressed by the way Buz prepared his van for a meet....bearing in mind that I am used to going into 'Show and Shine' comps... Wink

Ben's pitch....

Polgster's pitch....

The Whitmore mansion...

My pitch with Milo and Kim's Deli....

A nice and clean Wibbs mobile with 'blinged wheels'....

Various ways to get one thrown off a camp site under the 'noise rules' unless one has got on good terms with the biker security... Wink

My peacefull wooded bit behind where I was camped....Smile

Early morning wake up call was provided by this charector...

A different veiw of the site...

And lastly, a veiw from the camp site....

I can't really recommend the site enough.  Everywhere was clean, the toilets and showers were spotless.  Bikers provided security, and they did a cracking job....always there if needed 24 hours.

The ones running the site were helpful and polite, and when I arrived on the Friday to make sure everything was set out okay ready for us, they had sectioned off quite a large area for us....

It's a site I'll use again for any other meets.
Ang x

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duracell Bunnys Mrs wrote:
Sorry we missed you Decker, but we left on the Sunday as I slipped and hurt my back whilst playing badminton and could hardly walk.

Anyway been to docs and hospital and I have chipped a bone in my back, torn ligaments and damaged muscles in my back and legs.   Crying or Very sad

As you can imagine I am in loads of pain and will definately not be playing badminton again.

Kim
x

Ouch, that's going to take a long time to mend.
You take care lass, DO NOT try to do any heavy lifting for at least 3 months, even the wash basket  Exclamation

Deker
midnitewolf
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

buzr6mille wrote:
Ouch.. Sorry to hear that Kym, it must have hurt like hell.. But it was funny to watch Embarassed sorry.. Thank's again Ange (have i said this before :? ?) I had a fun time,..watching the fitting Midnitewolfs snorkel.. |i don't blame you Ange, not really a very good turn out, those who said they were going and didn't could have at least let you know.. Glad i turned up, good to meet you, Midnitewolf and Benoit and family.. Bl$$dy peacock Evil or Very Mad

I enjoyed you watching me fitting the snorkel  Twisted Evil  especially the bits where you got a close up view..... with the drill in your hand.... and sawing.... I did a ot of watching you watching me watching you fitting the snorkel  Wink
Iv been carrying that around with me for a year now!! So thanks again to all who helped!

Ange? noise rules? I must of missed them...... or I would of drilled quietly  Twisted Evil
Kim, the grass may be a bit damp and slippery!! be careful!!

Anyone thinking of fitting a snorkel A) don't do it at camp sites with noise rules!! 2) make sure Buz is around  Laughing  3) make sure you have the right drill bits or are close to a shop that is open on a Sunday of a bank holiday weekend (or make sure Buz is around...  ) 4) If a great guy called "Wibbs" says his friend can do it for a small price, TAKE IT Laughing  5) take a decent hack saw too!! (or a Buz and a hack saw blade) 6) Listen closer to Wibbs. You DO NOT need to take the wing off!!!!  Embarassed
Or better yet, buy a Deli with the snorkel already on!!  Laughing

Now...... what shall I bring to the next meet.....  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: