Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Caravan rpair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delicham

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:31    Post subject: Caravan rpair Reply with quote

Hi,
has anyone done any repairs on a caravan as we have bought an old adria caravan and it needs a bit love ie could do with a paint touch up ? any tips much appreciated. 8-)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

skunkworks
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I did quite a bit of repairs to my old swift recently, replaced the trim in the rails, replaced the sealant on the rails and windows, cleaned it up filled some chips with body filler, touched up the holes, repaired theboiler, cleaned the water system, replaced the tyres, new jockey wheel, replced the floor in the front locker, new battrey, flushed the water system and added a battrey indicator. Think thats about it. Did it with the father in law, twas a good project.

Filling the wholes was pretty easy, just used a body putty and little tin of white car paint, a bit of wet and dry sand paper to smooth of the finish before painting - job done. The worst jobs where the rails and windows (pretty messy job) but the van is totally water tight and we got to it before any rain damage was caused.

Went away in it for the first time the other weekend, had a great time, kids loved it.

I quite fancied one ofthem Adria's, they seem very well built, it depends how old it is but check all the rails, if you push the rails hard and they bubble water then you need to fix them this involves popping the trim, removing the rails, removing all the gunk from the van and the rails i gently scraped it and used white spirits to properly clean them, then use proper caravan sealent and put them back on, use plenty of sealent then cut it back at the van, make sure all the screws titghten up, and if not pack them with matchsticks, the caravan sealent is horrible stuff, it never really goes off - if you keep it inside your house until ready to use it we found it a lot easier to apply. If you replace the trim warm it with a hair drier to fit.

HTH

Matt
The designation "skunk works", or "skunkworks", is widely used in business, engineering, and technical fields to describe a group within an organization given a high degree of autonomy and unhampered by bureaucracy, tasked with working on advanced or secret projects.
delicham

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply with the tips, will get started soon aslong as weather permiting. 8-)
John64
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this link...

http://uk.ask.com/web?l=dis&qsrc=999&siteid=41439051&o=41439051&q=how+can+i+fix+my+caravan+&ifr=1
                  "CELER ET AUDAX"
delicham

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks john for a brilliant link, lots of tips from those sites--------ohhhhh well i have no excuses for the wife now so i guess i will have to start . Sad
delicham

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 20:32    Post subject: paint Reply with quote

et.com/albums/zz82/delicham/Paulsphotos017.jpg[/IMG]Paulsphotos067.jpg[/IMG]
Heres some before and after photos i hope
delicham

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D
spacecadet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good,vast improvement Smile
i showed them i'm no fool,
now they call me mr cool!!
skunkworks
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work - did you paint the outside - i can see you've done the stripes. Also you've relined the door, do you mind if i ask what you used? for the paint and the lining.

Like i say very nice work.
The designation "skunk works", or "skunkworks", is widely used in business, engineering, and technical fields to describe a group within an organization given a high degree of autonomy and unhampered by bureaucracy, tasked with working on advanced or secret projects.
Ange

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks loads better doesn't it...Smile

Ange x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
the whole caravan was painted with hammerite smooth satin white and the stipes done with the same type of paint,all applied by roller. The door has been lined with a wallpaper that looks just like the original board finish of caravans of this age.

Very happy with the end result and i am going to alter the inside to suit our needs;
build an end bedroom
add lights(240v and 12v)
sockets
convert front lounge into an L shape  and other tasks,  pity i didn't check wheel bearings before we went to wales the other week. Mad
swizZer
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Stacksteads (near Bacup), Lancashire (where the sun never shines and the rain always rains)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mum n Dad have just got a 30 year old Avondale for £360. It's in fabtastic condition and has even got elec hook up! It was sat for 2 years, all it needed was a good clean, a new battery, fridge, jockey wheel and water pump. Now it's good to go! Cheap holidays here we come!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: