Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

MoT Failure - Steering Rack !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timpers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:56    Post subject: MoT Failure - Steering Rack ! Reply with quote

Hi Guys n Gals

Delica Joe has just failed the dreaded MoT on loads of bits! poor ol beastie.

Steering rack is leaking and excessive play, anyone done one of these?
can get it re-conditioned but got to get the old one off and send it off to be done?

also milner front ball joints have failed after 8 months. Got my money back, and bought Mitsi ones, SURPRISE as they were cheaper than blue print jobbies!

lots of other little bits and bobs I can sort . . . bushes, shockers, wipers, exhaust . . . . etc
Delica Joe has done well, had him 6 years, but he has been abused a bit ! salisbury plain, fording til yer hearts content, sea water etc etc
Autograss Race Mini - what is it about mud!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16    Post subject: Re: MoT Failure - Steering Rack ! Reply with quote

Timpers wrote:

Steering rack is leaking and excessive play, anyone done one of these?.....

They say things come in three's  Laughing  I wonder who's next?

See this post:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26791

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Timpers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 13:48    Post subject: He's Back . . . ! Reply with quote

Hi Chaps n Chapesses

well Delica Joe is back on the road!!!! at last!!! :D

Thanx to you chaps for the advice and general sounding board.

It was a right git of a job!

Basically took my time over it!!!! as Joe was parked in a barn 20 minutes away from home.
Missed it sooooo much in the snow, good job the quad was on the road!!! cold but great fun!

Got all the bits off okay, sent the rack off for recon and was told it was basically scrap and water had caused the problem - hmmmmm fording, no not me! so the hunt began.
found plenty but none actually turned came up with the goods! good ol ebay!!
then found a chap who was breaking a Stolen recovered Deli, shame as it had only done 56K and was "mint" £100.

Things I have changed:
Steering Rack - 2nd hand one
steering gaiters
Inner track rods
Outer track rods
Front shockers
Lower ball joints - Mitsubishi ones. no massive difference between these and blueprint and a very helpful Chap a Mitsi
Upper ball joints - Mitsi ones
wheel bearings one side.

Got the ol boy MoT'd one advise on a stone chip in the windscreen, that was it! result - I even washed him specially
Drives so much nicer, when you turn the steering wheel he actually goes in that direction, amazing!
Didn't realise how much we have missed the ol truck!!!!

I have been making do with various cars, mainly Vectra's they seem to be well cheap, been doing my bit for the environment.
Bought the first Vectra 10 months Tax and MoT £300 we did 10500 miles in it then took it up the metal recycling place and got £150!!
Just got Vectra 2 same thing 8 months tax n MoT £250 guess where that'll end up!

cheers again all . . . .

right off to salisbury plain then fording then . . . . .  Laughing
Autograss Race Mini - what is it about mud!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: