Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

My Bulldog Won't Fit!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helenandshawn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 17:15    Post subject: My Bulldog Won't Fit! Reply with quote

Hi

This is my first post so please bear with the newbie.

We've had a Deli for about 5 years now, but have just bought a caravan, so this is the first time we'll be towing with it. Got a Tow Equipe tow bar fitted and was advised to get a stabiliser. Step Dad said to get a Bulldog but can't get the thing to fit. Took off towball and know that Bulldog fits where the towball was, but doesn't butt up against the bumper (have taken off rear bull bar). Is it just not suitable for Delis' or should I be turning it upside down or something else?

I am a nurse - ask me about IV's, pumps, the heart, death and disease and I'm your girl, but metallic things that hurt like when dropped on your foot - and am completely flummoxed! All advice gratefully received.

Great site - someone mentioned it to me a while ago in Asda car park. Glad I finally got round to looking.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 17:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

notty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Tow Equippe tow bar ( fitted myself ) and a Swift challenger 510/4. I've also got a Bulldog.....the bloody thing doesn't fit sometimes so i turn the square base plate around and fit the top section into, then sliding the steel rod in from the right hand side with the key turned on unlock and it fits.....

it gets me every time. mine fits but with a little jiggery pokery.

Have a play and see if you can. i can't promise anything but mine does thats all I can say....if you get stuck, I'll take some step by step photos and show you how i do it if you have trouble okay.
let me know
ACE DELI
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Wherever our canal narrow boat takes us...at 3MPH max.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and WELCOME to the club.

Would a spacer plate between the tow hitch flange and the towball give you sufficient space for the stabiliser, you would also need longer bolts.  Try Swindon Caravans for availability as I believe they come in several sizes. HTH

Cheers

David
helenandshawn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 21:27    Post subject: Bulldog Reply with quote

Thanks to both Notty and ACE Deli for your replies and advice. Managed to get a spacer plate - 2" thick, from Swindon Caravans. This and longer high tensile bolts work a treat and Bulldog fits comfortably. Am going to collect caravan next weekend from Wainlode Hill, so if anyone sees a silver Delica dragging a caravan on its' side down the A417 then 1) it's only me and 2) the bulldog didn't work!

Thanks again for helping to get me up and running. This place is a mine of information and a fab resource for Deli owners.
notty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 0:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only just noticed that I was answering about a Bulldog Towball security fitting not a stabilizer !. I must learnt to read before I type...I must learn to read before i type...lol

Glad it's sorted.

I am a numptee

notty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: