Adrian Flux - 0800 916 1257

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

EGR leaking oil?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
truk troop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 21:50    Post subject: EGR leaking oil? Reply with quote

Hi All,

My truck seems to be leaking oil from the EGR valve onto the manifold, can anyone tell me why this is? and a possible remedy?

Also, I seem to be getting a bit of a splattering of oil at the top rear of the engine block onto the bulk head, from what seems like a large free turning bolt head?? any idea's?? Shocked

Chris
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 21:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be no oil there, as there is no oil feed to the EGR valve.

Best guess would be that oil is being sucked from the rocker cover into the air intake by the turbo and then blown through the intercooler and into the inlet manifold, where its leaking through the EGR seal.

Solution:

1. Disconnect the crank case breather hose, from the air intake and check for oil inside it. if ther is do not reconnect it.
2. Check the air intake hoses and intercooler for oil and clean out i fhtere is any inside them.
3. Ensure the engine is not over-filled with oil.
4. Fit an EGR blanking plate.

HTH

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
truk troop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lewis,

I'll give it a look, I already have a blanking plate fitted, should I be worried??
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more worried about the cost of the oil that needs replacing! Twisted Evil

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
geomore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem - my turbo leaks tons of oil due to over breathing. Pretty sure the only easy solution is an oil "catch can" that someone on here has a guide to.

Quote:
1. Disconnect the crank case breather hose, from the air intake and check for oil inside it. if ther is do not reconnect it.

Explain the above?
tttonyyy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lewis is suggesting you don't reconnect the breather if there is oil in it, allowing it to drip onto the road - which is really unkind to bikers.

If you do this please buy a catch can for it!

Also if you have a blocked air filter then the turbo may be sucking oil out of the rocker cover.  When was the air filter last replaced?
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

geomore wrote:
I have a similar problem - my turbo leaks tons of oil due to over breathing. Pretty sure the only easy solution is an oil "catch can" that someone on here has a guide to.

Quote:

Explain the above?

I missed out the bit about fitting a plastic bottle to the end of the hose,  Embarassed

In hindsight I should have just said "read my post on this thread:- http://www.MDOCUK.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29175 "  Wink

ルイス
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: