Yellow diamond : click here

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

HAM??

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evoasis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always changing, eh.

Being a non-citizen, not sure I'll be eligible!?  I'll look into it though, thanks for the tip.

Foundation £27.50!!! WOWSA, expensive.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mu0chn
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this but it is no good  for you.
http://www.arrl.org/cept

evoasis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

DARN, general/ advanced... BLEH..
DoctorWhen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently looking at taking my RSGB licence: When I first looked at it decades ago, my morse code wasn't fast enough but apparently now it's not a factor on the exams.

The two popular frequencies (wavelengths) are 2m & 70cm, and most 'entry level' radios fall into these categories - they seem to be pretty common worldwide, so those of you keeping a weather-eye on the forthcoming zombie apocalypse might be interested to read up!

If there's enough interest, I'll pass on any useful info I gain when I eventually go for my MM license - I've got a mate at work who has a G callsign who's promised to help me. If we can get enough Deli HAMs together it might be worth looking at Raynet for events (especially green-laning meets), as well!
Del-Iddy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an interest in Ham radio as a teenager in the 80's but never got a license - I used to borrow my dad's CB out of his truck and use that with my home made aerial - 1/4 wave wire up the bedroom wall and partway across the ceiling! Power supply was an old transformer to 14v ac, hornby iirc. I soldered up a bridge rectifier and a little bank of electrolytic capacitors. I hadn't noticed that the rated voltage of one of the capacitors wasn't high enough and it promptly threw a wobbly and filled the room with acrid smoke! Before that my first project was a long wave radio - all I could pick up was radio 4. I remember listening to a book at bedtime lol. Was I a sad teenager or what?!
Deker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Del-Iddy wrote:
I soldered up a bridge rectifier and a little bank of electrolytic capacitors. I hadn't noticed that the rated voltage of one of the capacitors wasn't high enough and it promptly threw a wobbly and filled the room with acrid smoke!

Been there, done that  Shocked

Did you get loads O white fluff also  Question

Mr D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: