4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Cowm Quarry. 29th Nov 2009

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 21:20    Post subject: Cowm Quarry. 29th Nov 2009 Reply with quote

A big thank you to Mark for arranging today, i had a great time. It was worth the bent sidestep's, stil, my fault for following you around a Red Route. I had so much fun i drove nearly anything i thought i and my Delica could do. Sorry Lewis that i didn't get the whole video of you playing in the puddle. A special thank's to Chris for towing me out when i got stuck, but I'd been through there earlier, honest.. Wibb's, what can i say, how have you managed to grow so old? You're a bl$$dy nutcase, confirmed, but i liked watching you put you're Delica where it could, and sometimes couldn't go.. Many thank's again Mark, think i'll put rockslider's on my Christmas list..

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 21:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was agood day despite the inclement weather !!

1st off was a convoy around the green route..... all okay there I assume  Laughing

then came red route.... and I got stuck....
So I thought... let some one else go first ....

Wibbs.... (yes I know now... seemed a good idea at the time)..

After several attempts at a steep hill... he went wround and got proper bogged down.. even more bogged than me !!!

Thanks to the lovely competition preped 90 that used his Warn winch to release Wibbs....

(And for the record we saw loads of things stuck in that spot so its was fair enough)

We then drove some ups and downs.. great..

then the high light of the day for me ....

We where behind Wibbs.. (no photos of the event) and again a hill.... wibbs has a thing for hills...and goes again and again...

I think he has a moto... if at first you don't succeed ... more gas !  Laughing

Anyway.. full welly.. bounce front wheel up in the air a good 6-8 feet (no steering)

Bang... lands.... in the grass.... off the track.... not good ... Wibbs true to form keeps the right foot welded to the floor !!

up up up.... oh no... the car veers left on the grass (way of the road at this point) and starts to pivot... looks like its going to flip...

All traction lost... wheels spinning forward car slides back ward....

Looks doomed...I'm yelling No NO NO .... then lady luck steps in.....( or life number 10 of the 9 lives he has)

BANG front wheel hits a rock and kicks the front in line.... the car now slides back and wallops some serious bits of boulder so by bending the rear protector !!

anyway... no real harm... we digg out the rocks and wibbs drives out under his own steam..... !!

So its nice not to be the looney tune !!! (thanks wibbs thats your crown now)

And never mind the water !!

late on Lewis and I went through it again seperately.... after all the rain the "pond" (inland sea) is deeper... we both "bobbed"  Shocked

Anyway...

who has some pics ???
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Buz gets the crown for the person who will drive the farthest in one day to get his Deli dirty.
Bazza

Mine is black and silver it is the best colour.
Just remember when you read my replies i know nuffin..............
buzr6mille
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, no pic's, but i did have to put my wipers on going through the little pond as it came right up the screen, the snorkel was worth the money..

It's A Shame That Stupidity Isn't Painful..

One dent at a time...
wibbs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an brill day.
Cheers Mark & lewis for the help  Laughing
and everyone else  Wink

What you never saw later on was me almost roll it.It was a brown pant moment...

Anyways coulpe of Vds doing the puddle and the hill moment Wink

Thats all i got forgot to buy some batterys for the cammy Crying or Very sad
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked That was deep.
Bazza

kris haigh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 22:19    Post subject: cown 29th november Reply with quote

just a note to say nice to meet you all today, Can't wait for the next one.
thanks very much to the guy who pulled me out twice sorry didn't get your name but next time
the beers are on me.
LITTLEKENGRIFF
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey wibbs whats that on your dash i see :D   Wink
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

buzr6mille wrote:
.... Sorry Lewis that i didn't get the whole video of you playing in the puddle. ......

:D   Don't you worry about the video mate, what you got was more than enough.  Thanks for making it up to the event, it was nice meeting you.

As for Wibbs you're right he's deffo certifi'able!  Laughing

Now as to video's and photo's, in view of the problems trying to do something with a bit of music in the background and having photobucket spend ages uploading stuff, just for it to be instantly deleted by their music copyright filter, even though I've paid for the right to use the music elsewhere, I've decided to just put up my photo's and vids ( 3 done by buzr6mille with my camera, as we played in the puddle) in the order they were done:-

(NB: photo's like film strips are video's click on then to watch the fun  Twisted Evil)

First off we que'd up outside waiting for Strangerover to arrive, as we needed to book in as a group to get a discount (paid £18 each):-

Then inside we took some group pics, prior to the mud and damage wear and tear:-

Then we did one circuit around the Yellow route, so everyone could get to see the 'playground' before trying slightly different challenges.  It didn't take too longe before the tow strops were getting mucked up:-

Mind you that didn't stop folk having a go at whatever they fancied:-

Some of which brought the towing strops out again, with Wibbs towing Strangerover out backwards and then Strangerover towing Wibbs forwards.  Laughing

But at least he didn't need towing downhill!  Laughing

Some just drove along the same tracks following Strangerover.

Or Wibbs:-

But not both at the same time Laughing :-

At that point I spotted a photo opportunity arising, So buzr6mille and I and wandered up the hill to watch the action, leaving our Deli's 'Lost in Space':-

Yup its Wibbs, stuck again  Laughing :-

Strangerover managed to tow him back until his Delica turned into a suction cup!:-

Then a nice couple, in a very tricked out motor, turned up with a winch on the back, and another on the front:-

There were some nice little puddles, that some people didn't appreciate properly:-

Then of course Wibbs decided he wanted to find an even deeper one, to show off in   Twisted Evil :-

At which point I passed my camera to buzr6mille so I could join in the fun  Rolling Eyes :-

Wibbs though had shot round the back and had another go:-

Later on I had another go, driving past a semi submerged Izuzu Trooper, as the occupants were styarting to exit through the rooflight, and then I found the bottom had dissapeared and I was turning into an Amphibious landing craft, but kept my foot on the pedal and the chunky KL71's  'paddled' me to shore. Phew!  Twisted Evil

Though he then found himself biting off more than he could chew, by taking a full powered run to get up a rather ambitious, 30’ish foot high, hill. Unfortunately he hit a lump and his front wheels took off and he became airborne, landing to the side of the track. Luckily he didn’t roll over and found himself almost vertically nose up, with his rear end stuck into a mound of earth and big rocks. :shocked: :-

It was a decent day and another one of those times when I was glad I had a re-enforced bashplate on, after a rather steep down hill descent, where I couldn't see what was on the slope underneath me, as I went over the top, so I missed spotting a boulder  Embarassed :-

But on the bright side that will come out with a lump hammer and I didn't get any bodywork scratches all day.

I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did.  Especially after getting home and standing in the rain to hose off the mud, amid clouds of steam from hosing the engine bay out.  There was a wash point at the quarry for £2, but whats the point of using that when your only going to get mucky on the way home!  Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス

Last edited by Lewis on Sun Nov 29, 2009 22:51; edited 1 time in total
chrisreah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately had a fun day - Kris it was me who pulled you out twice.

Mark - thanks for saving me at the end, i have trashed something at the front end of mine but hopefully not too major (i have not front wheel drive and nasty noises coming from the front end). If anyone fancies going over to the technical forum and helping me figure out whats bust it would be much appreciated.

Will put some photos up tomorrow
tonkatruck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to have missed this one !!! A very late night sat at a chartiy event Smile

Looks like Wibbs takes the nutcase award Wink  

Great photos Lewis Smile
wibbs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW great pics and vids Lewis.
Could you mail me them plz would like to put them on my Facebook to show my friends Wink

ps
I'm not a nutcase or certifi'able Laughing
wibbs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

LITTLEKENGRIFF wrote:

Thats Hueby my lil green dragon. He is the keeper of the Deli Wink  Wink
strangerover
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking.....

he means something else on the dash ?
unclebazwold
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup to the left spherical metallic items.
Bazza :D

Keefe
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like he's firing blanks! Laughing
wibbs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

There for me when i bite the bullet and go for it Wink

don't worry there not real Laughing  I learnt that mistake a long time ago Embarassed  Embarassed
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

LITTLEKENGRIFF wrote:

Trust LKG to pick up on those Bambi topplers!  Laughing

Copyright is retained for all my photos. Please don't copy them without asking permission
Do not blindly go where the path may lead you. Go where there is no path and leave a trail that others may follow!
ルイス
Lewis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkatruck wrote:
Sorry to have missed this one !!! A very late night sat at a chartiy event Smile

Looks like Wibbs takes the nutcase award Wink  

Great photos Lewis Smile

Thanks for the comments.

Pity you missed it Sarah would have been able to keep Polgsters Wife company at the butty van whilst we played in the mud!

wibbs wrote:
WoW great pics and vids Lewis.
Could you mail me them plz would like to put them on my Facebook to show my friends Wink

I won't be able to e-mail the vids as they are over 22Mb in size, the pics you can download by right clicking on the piccy and selecting 'Save image as'.  Better still why not just put a link into your facebook post direct to this post, which will be easier!  Wink

Anyway I will be going offline from tonight, I've got a van to clean up and lots of tiny jobs to do before I shove off, to do a spot of Scuba diving, for a couple of weeks in:- Varadero

ルイス
polgster
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:24    Post subject: mud Reply with quote

Lewis wrote:
Pity you missed it Sarah would have been able to keep Polgsters Wife company at the butty van whilst we played in the mud!

polgster is confused dot com  :?

You all dissapeared when we went the loo after the first lap, so we didn't catch you up till after lunch when Wibbs had already had his brown trouser moment.  Probably for the best because it was Davey Mc's first time and swimbo wasn't the slightest bit keen on me tackling anything red.

Managed to slope off to the pub just in time for the 2nd half of the derby.  Just a shame Davey Mc didn't go the pub too as he's  a blue  :D

Here's some pics I took.

Some vids to follow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Event Photo's & Reviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: