Diamond Auto Parts - discount Mitsubishi parts

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

Tow bar for a L300 4WD Long

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 21:34    Post subject: Tow bar for a L300 4WD Long Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm in the process of registering a L300 Delica 4x4 LWB from Holland in France... about 5 months later, I'm nearly done (thanks to Mitsubishi Holland because Mitsubishi France have been totally unhelpful quite the contratry). I have however one problem left: the space between the van and the ground is too big (60 mm and only 55 mm is allowed at least in France) so that someone on a bike can slide under the back of the car (yes yes that's what the French administration said).

The solution would be to put a bar in the back of the car and I thought that putting a towbar would be easier and useful at the same time. However, my problem is to find a bar that would fit my car 4x4 AND LWB. Does someone has an idea about a reliable shop that can provide me with a towbar that would fit my Delica? I don't want to buy something on the internet and find that it won't fit.

Many thanks.

STL
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 21:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

swizZer
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Stacksteads (near Bacup), Lancashire (where the sun never shines and the rain always rains)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

L300 4X4 long wheel base? I didn't know such a thing existed! Sorry to go off topic but has anyone got a photo of one?
STL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is mine:

It's a commercial, perfect for a camper van conversion.

STL
Dave C

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

has it got  aturbo,am well impressed didn't know they made them,have had L300 LWB vans and theres loads of room,has it got sliding doors both sides
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

wondered if a LWB L300 van or LWD hyundai H100 towbar would fit / be easier to source and then add a drop plate for the ball.

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
STL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the same engine 4D56 with turbo and same specs except that it doesn't have all the fancy equipment I had on my Exceed when we were in the UK. But I prefer it that way: keep it simple and the added 40cm on the back are welcome.

As for looking for H100 towbar, that is a good idea. My worry is that a 4x4 may have different attachement points - does the Hyundai has a spare wheel on the back as well?

STL
PinkPig
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the same base floorpan, but couldn't tell you what mods they've got for newer bumpers etc.

A never ending camper/restoration project
Project 1 - Pop-top camper conversion 2011-2015
Project 2 - Campervan the sequel - 2016 restoration, welding, respray, new interior, vertical pop...
notty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

The towbar I got from towequippe didn't fit into any ready made holes etc.

I had to place the bar up underneath the main body behind the back chassis area and drill holes through the floor pan to secure with large bolts and washers to hold it in place. the kit came from towequippe and was £117 collected and with single electrics.

I don't know what the LWB L300 would look like underneath but can't be dis-similar to the standard L300. If so, then an easy job to fit ( with patience and a few cuppas ) the wiring confused me 5 times and eventually after trial and error got it right. I would certainly have no hesitation in fitting again knowing how easy the job was but seemed somewhat daunting with the amount of metal needed to put into place...well worth a go anyway.

Maybe the LWB L300 is different but I can't imagine it would make much difference.

Notty
Yojimbo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above, as long as the captive nuts are in place on the rear crossmember, then the towequipe will probably be fine.  Perhaps if you take a picture under the back end we can be more helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: