4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

maximum axle weight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxigaz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 15:51    Post subject: maximum axle weight Reply with quote

hello everyone,
i'm going now through the french drire, i've head the first visit, everything went fine except that the weight plate is not there.
I knew about this one, i've found the document about the empty/full weight, but nowhere is mentionned about maximum allowable weight per axel.
Where did you find the info?
I just rang mmc france, and of course they didn't help.
Do you have any suggestion?
stef
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 15:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

STL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been through this too. I think the guy from DRIRE can do that - it is a specific calculus and there is a formula for that I think.

Which model is it? Grey import from Japan?

What could be interesting is actually to kwow where you registered it (which "department") because they keep the archive and archive can eventually be used in another department if the person from the DRIRE accepts to do so. That could be a significant gain if he accepts the brake system and other thing to be in conformity with European standard.

Best,
STL
maxigaz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello
i found some weight figures ont the web, which seem to satisfy the examiner,but...., they now want me to pass expensives tests in paris, at the UTAC, costing 1200 euros! isn't that foolish!
STL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it means that you try to register a car that was a grey import (L400?), is it?

There are 4 tests I think: brakes (2 tests, dynamic and hand-brake), backward vision, pollution (and another one that does not concern diesel engine i think).

One possibility would be to see if you could find another person who did register a Delica from Japan in France (I saw some in France with French plates) and to ask them where they did register it. Once you know that you can ask to the DRIRE where it has been registered to give you a copy of the homologation papers and start bargaining with person from the DRIRE). It is not because one vehicule has already been registered that he has to do so as well but that could be a great help.

In France, the L400 model was called "Space Gear" and I think it has been registered by Mitsubishi France (hence all 5 points mentioned above have received French homologation). If you can show for instance that your breaking system is the same (or the same as in another car in conformity with the French/European legislation, pajero? Shogun in England), you can make them accept to homologate the brake system (the same for other tests). If it is a L300, I may know someone who registered a SWB L300 from Germany in the South-West that may help you (but it is her work to register cars so she is not free but she is good on negociation with the French administration - not sure that she speaks English - I have no stakes here but she proved to be good with helping with my Dutch L300 LWB).

Another possibility would be to call "solvit" (you can find it on the internet) which is a service from the EU dedicated to solve problems concerning European peoples and difficulty to obtain papers and so.

I hope this helps.

Best,
STL
maxigaz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,
yes your post is of great help.
what i'm trying to register is a grey import, a Space Gear , that was registered before in england.
I have called UTAC and they told me what you've said, 4 tests, not much better then what the controle technique does.
The Space Gear , nor the L400 have been imported in france, therefore the lack of official papers.
Mitsubishi haven't been very helpfull.
There has been another Space Gear registered just 100 km from grenoble, so i'll give them a ring to see.
what annoys me a bit and lets me think the drire doesn't really do a great job, is that they requested me to do a "antiparasitage" test which is only required for a petrol car. this one is a diesel!
STL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hence first thing is to find this other Delica and to find which service (that means finding in which DRIRE from which "departement" - 100km would not that be the same as yours?) has done the homologation. Once done ask to get the homologation papers (all that you can have) for this car and what would be good is that the "numero dans la serie du type" (that's the type number) fits with yours. If it fits, then try to discuss and say "well this car has been homologated and mine is the same" but with all the paper work. For instance, find a number that identifies the brake system and show that yours is the same, etc...

As for the "anti-parasitage", you may ask from UTAC an official paper showing that you don't have to do that for diesel engine. That should be enough - but do it gently, with a smile. These guys have unfortunatly the power to say no. And yes, some of them are not doing a great job for sure.

Mitsubishi France has also been very unhelpful with me and i suspect that they "protect" some economic rent or market. For instance, I know that they gave a partial homologation (which is important as you can avoid UTAC tests or at least some) to a L300 from Germany some years ago and they said when I asked for mine (L300 from Holland) that L300 cannot be homolgated in France + they say they never did! But I have I know the person who did it and she had the paper!

If (or when because success is for sure - it is time and money that matter here) you succeed keep you contact so that the procedure becomes deterministic and there is a market! Because Delica in the UK are cheap and I'm pretty sure some would buy Delicas in France (climbers, hunters, ...) as there are no equivalent (or quite expensive).

STL
maxigaz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i will call the drire from the other departement.
so far i'm just asking all the people i know if they know someone at the drire. who knows!
this lady at the drire has already given me shit when i imported a vw syncro from germany, she makes things complicated.
she has registered clossed eyes my syncro with 16 inch wheels, never noticing it was a 14 inch, but she was always complaining with the recaro seats i had installed!!
ACE DELI
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Wherever our canal narrow boat takes us...at 3MPH max.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have an English translation of the Japanese deregistration certificate for a PE8W showing axle weights.  If anyone wants a copy then I can send you one in the post, please PM your address details. HTH

Cheers

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> (E)SVA / Cert of conformity queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: