4x4 Mart magazine discount

Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™
Mitsubishi Delica L300, L400 and D:5 Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms   Delica Club ShopClub Shop  MDOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
MDOCUK home pageMDOCUK Home  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs  Delica Club (CA)Delica Club (CA)  Delica Club (AUS)Delica Club (AUS)

L400 EGR mod (Photo Version)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marc
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 15:20    Post subject: L400 EGR mod (Photo Version) Reply with quote

This post was originally posted by Bruce "Mystery Machine" when we were part of the POCUK board

Mystery Machine wrote:
Sorry for the delay in getting these published, it was only the other day I managed to get my hands on an L400 to take piccies! (many thanks to Astra for the use of her nice new ROYAL!!  )

If these instructions seem a little patronising, please be aware that I wrote them for people with virtually no mechanical knowledge!!  

Firstly you will need either a 12mm spanner, or a 12mm socket (the socket makes life a lot easier! - but then I'm lazy!!)

The EGR valve is located in the engine bay, indicated here by the GREEN circle.....

Using the 12mm socket/spanner, undo and remove the two bolts circled in RED

With the bolts removed, pull the EGR valve away from the manifold. It will only move a few millimetres, but enough to remove the thin silver gasket from the gap. Insert the new blanking plate, (shown in YELLOW ) making sure the holes line up with the bolt holes.

Now insert the bolts, do up by hand and then tighten well with the socket/spanner. Also shown here in BLUE & GREEN is where the valve had already been disabled by pulling off the vacuum hose and blocking with a metal pin. This can also be done, but doesn't guarantee that the mod will work because the valve might be stuck open already, allowing the gasses to pass still. The only sure way to do it is to insert the blanking plate.

Job done, wash your hands, have a cup of tea, congratulate yourself on another mod for the motor and get in and drive the thing......

Regards,

Bruce.

Again full complements to bruce for this.(Marc)

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 15:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mitsubishi Delica Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> EGR Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: